By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why not to buy Wii U: Activision is better than Nintendo

Turkish said:

Again, its not wether how simple the game is, Limbo is simple too but that game is not casual. So what if Starfox is only flying around destroying things?  Casual games=games that are played by people who would otherwise never play games. Like Wii Sports, Buzz, Singstar, dance games or Brain training games.

FZero, Metroid or Starfox are hardcore games.

A good definition, at last.

Around the Network

Im very tired of hearing Wii sports is a casual game
Do you count FIFA, Madden or NBA sims as casual games?
Wii sports is the best sports sim since it mimmicks the real sports more than any other.
Is GTA a casual game? ive only `played that way, like 30min killing cops and thats it, since the story and the missions are boring and full of cliches.

Significant_leap said:
Im very tired of hearing Wii sports is a casual game
Do you count FIFA, Madden or NBA sims as casual games?
Wii sports is the best sports sim since it mimmicks the real sports more than any other.
Is GTA a casual game? ive only `played that way, like 30min killing cops and thats it, since the story and the missions are boring and full of cliches.

Nowadays everything that is popular is called "causal", this why instead of "casual" now I use the word "ordinary". Afterall those " ordinary" games are the most profitable market segment of home consoles and consequently "ordinary" gamers are the most  profitable too.

Ostro said:

Turkish said:

Again, its not wether how simple the game is, Limbo is simple too but that game is not casual. So what if Starfox is only flying around destroying things?  Casual games=games that are played by people who would otherwise never play games. Like Wii Sports, Buzz, Singstar, dance games or Brain training games.

A good definition, at last.

Finally someone understands lol :)

Turkish said:

And if it weren't for the fact that F-Zero and Star Fox were originally released back in the NES/SNES era, the so-called "hardcore gamer" wouldn't be nearly as interested in them, and they would be played primarily by people who would "otherwise never play games".

And tell me - if it weren't for FPSes, how many gamers wouldn't be playing games? Does that make all FPSes casual? Your definition is absurdly useless. It is completely and utterly without any real use.

Around the Network

my definition of casual would be, lack of depth, easy to get into, simple to play and understand....actually some Wiisportsrsort minigames dont fall into that description, also Mario games have a certain casual appeal since are easy to pick up and play, but they are deep and provide deep challenge levels....actually this is Nintendo biggest achievment, providing a casual and harcore experience in the same package...

I like Mario games. I haven't been playing enough of them even though my avatar suggests I do. Last game was Super Mario Galaxy 2 and well, those other Marios don't really feel oversaturating to me. It's just that Mario is a franchise that can reach out into other genres, so it feels like there's so much of him. If only there was another franchise/mascot that could do the same. Closest thing I can think of is Megaman and Sonic.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

i agree with 9 Mario games within 2 years, but at least mario had 5 different genre and gameplay.
Let's see CoD, different character but with the same gameplay?

"Activision better than Nintendo"
that just made my day xD

Significant_leap said:
"Activision better than Nintendo"
that just made my day xD

Alright we get it, you are highly negative towards the article, there's no point in posting pointless comments over and over like you've been doing, if your that disgusted with the guy that wrote it go post a comment on his website, not this thread.