By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Post Your Favorite 80s Songs

Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Trooper, Flash of the Blade - Iron Maiden
The Sentinel - Judas Priest
Heaven and Hell - Black Sabbath

Around the Network

Which song of Dire Straits do you prefer?

There are many that I like

Walk of Life

Brothers in Arms

Money for Nothing

Romeo & Juliet

I've always liked the last one.

God, the more I think about it, more 80's songs come to my mind! And I thought 90's were my favourite decade!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Walk of Life
Brothers in Arms
Money for Nothing
Romeo & Juliet

From your list, Brothers in Arms, but my favorite is Love Over Gold

okr said:
JEMC said:

Walk of Life
Brothers in Arms
Money for Nothing
Romeo & Juliet

Well, I put those suspension points because there are many good songs from them (a shame for the thread that Sultans of Swing is from the 70s, oh well).

Btw, nice song.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
okr said:
JEMC said:

Walk of Life
Brothers in Arms
Money for Nothing
Romeo & Juliet

Well, I put those suspension points because there are many good songs from them (a shame for the thread that Sultans of Swing is from the 70s, oh well).

Btw, nice song.

I know what you meant, but the only Knopfler songs I really like are Lover Over Gold, Telegraph Road, Brothers in Arms.

I've never been a Dire Straits fan. As much as I like 80s music, there's plenty of popular songs from the decade I always disliked, e.g. Walk of Life and Money for Nothing, plus many of the songs in this 100 greatest songs poll posted by MH in the OP: http://www.antimusic.com/news/06/oct/27.shtml . #1 for example, obviously one of the most popular song from the 80s, is a song I hate with passion.

The 80s had lots of great songs and albums, but it can't hold a candle against the 60s and 70s imo.

Around the Network

When I say this thread I immeadeatly thought of Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the Wolrd" but it seems it was one of the first songs posted =p.

Here are some good ones

Kinda of a underrated Iron Maiden song

Very cool band Jesus and Mary Chain

A great OMD song just love that speak and spell

Dat synth riff

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

Killing Joke - Eighties (1984)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

okr said:
JEMC said:

Btw, nice song.

I know what you meant, but the only Knopfler songs I really like are Lover Over Gold, Telegraph Road, Brothers in Arms.

I've never been a Dire Straits fan. As much as I like 80s music, there's plenty of popular songs from the decade I always disliked, e.g. Walk of Life and Money for Nothing, plus many of the songs in this 100 greatest songs poll posted by MH in the OP: http://www.antimusic.com/news/06/oct/27.shtml . #1 for example, obviously one of the most popular song from the 80s, is a song I hate with passion.

The 80s had lots of great songs and albums, but it can't hold a candle against the 60s and 70s imo.

That list is full of crap. I think that there's not a single song from Bon Jovi that I like, and please, the only song from Queen is the one with David Bowie?

What about "Radio GaGa", "A kind of Magic", "Who wants to live forever" or "I want to break free"? (Bohemian Rhapsody is from the  70s)

I disagree about the 80s being worst than the 60s or the 70s. Every decade has good excellent songs. The only "problem" is that since the 80s the number of bands that can publish a song/album has grown a lot, and there's more crap. But there are still excellent songs.

JEMC said:
okr said:
JEMC said:

Btw, nice song.

That list is full of crap. I think that there's not a single song from Bon Jovi that I like, and please, the only song from Queen is the one with David Bowie?

What about "Radio GaGa", "A kind of Magic", "Who wants to live forever" or "I want to break free"? (Bohemian Rhapsody is from the  70s)

I disagree about the 80s being worst than the 60s or the 70s. Every decade has good excellent songs. The only "problem" is that since the 80s the number of bands that can publish a song/album has grown a lot, and there's more crap. But there are still excellent songs.

It was a general list of songs from the 80s and it wasn't meant to be exhaustive.

MontanaHatchet said:

It was a general list of songs from the 80s and it wasn't meant to be exhaustive.

Yet the called it the "100 Greatest Songs Of The '80s"