By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NEW 3DS XL! Circle Pad Pro XL announced!!! End of limited 3D sweet spot? Check OP for preview!

Tagged games:

3nix said:
VicViper said:

And finally, simply the most gorgeous game this year, imo.
Perfection so far. This is Final Fantasy for me

You are indeed right. This is what I been waiting for and I hope its worth it.

The both of you are nuts, lol..

It looks mediocre as a game, graphically much worse. The Japanese voice casting scares me, and just screams the same melodramatic issues that games like FF13 have. They are stuck making bad animes (half hentai).

Around the Network

Thing is starting to look like a netbook lol

i guess it's time to upgrade my at-launch 3ds to atlast-a-bigger 3ds xl. i like the screen increase a lot.

Wii U Demos in *FPS* View  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PxDxI

Pesmerga7551 said:
3nix said:
VicViper said:

And finally, simply the most gorgeous game this year, imo.
Perfection so far. This is Final Fantasy for me

You are indeed right. This is what I been waiting for and I hope its worth it.

The both of you are nuts, lol..

It looks mediocre as a game, graphically much worse. The Japanese voice casting scares me, and just screams the same melodramatic issues that games like FF13 have. They are stuck making bad animes (half hentai).

Nice. Now tell us the game you are expecting most so we can be dicks and say it looks mediocre and graphically bad. Then we can go into a subjective discussion about which game is better that'll last till the end of our lives!

Can't wait to begin!

/sarcasm

"The both of you are nuts, lol..

It looks mediocre as a game, graphically much worse. The Japanese voice casting scares me, and just screams the same melodramatic issues that games like FF13 have. They are stuck making bad animes (half hentai)."

Nice! lol

Around the Network

Does anyone else feel the design of the original is better than this?

so, I think I'd rather have a 3DS than a Vita. I'm getting a iPhone soon, and to me a Vita would just be too similar to that. The 3DS is starting to get some great games, and now that the XL is coming, it's got two big screens that stare down the Vita.

But, does the XL have better resolution, or is it the same as before? If the bigger screen has same res as the smaller screen, the bigger screen would look worse, however the 3D effect may be better. This is my issue. I would hope the 3DS Xl comes with better resolution.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

@mysticwolf It's the same, but I think it's upscaled or something to make it look the same as if your just playing a larger screen. So, it should look just as good, assuming the 3DS XL does the same as DSi XL with DS games.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@mysticwolf It's the same, but I think it's upscaled or something to make it look the same as if your just playing a larger screen. So, it should look just as good, assuming the 3DS XL does the same as DSi XL with DS games.

That's probably the case. Nintendo isn't dumb enough to make a bigger screen that looks worse.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Significant_leap said:
Good:
1. Better battery life
2. 4Gb SD card instead of the 2Gb one
3. Much bigger screens
4. Very good price

Bad:
1. Too big for a portable device
2. No base and battery charger included?
3. Same resolution on a bigger screen
4. Less appealing colours?

Its up to you to decide, imo the good beats the bad...

BAD->

1) A subjective statement, depends on the person, I carry a messenger bag and could easily carry that
2) Only in Japan for some reason, not true for NA
3) Same pixel density should just give you a bigger picture, should not stretch anything out
4) Another subjective statement, I've got a black 3DS but originally had an aqua, I'll get a Blue 3DS XL