By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW up June 16th (updated with SW numbers)

VGKing said:
3DS - Ok numbers. Bad considering it is the successor to the DS.

PS3 - Ok numbers. Been #1 each week this year. Congratz.

360 - ~90k again. This is bad. A price is really long overdue.

PSvita - Wow! Nice boost! Gravity Rush + Metal Gear + Persona 4 = HUGE Sales boost. All Vita needs is games. A price cut is just a cowards way out. If people aren't buying a Vita at $250, it means they don't see value in it. Soy needs to make them see value in it.

Wii - Lowest sales of the year. Ouch. Wii U can't come soon enough.

PSP - Europe alone is keeping this thing alive. Why is it still selling so much over there?

DS - DS > Vita in America.............yeah..Ouch. The DS is really holding back 3DS sales.....3DS could be selling SO much more.

99€ price point combined with strong Sony presence in Eastern Europe is my guess.

Around the Network

Updated with SW for the two people that care.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Thanks!

Cheers :)

Carl2291 said:
So many days later, not even hit 50 posts.

Oh how VGChartz has fallen. We need new hardware.

Thing is (and I hate how I always have to compare the two sites) that NeoGAF can still average a couple hundred posts for the latest Media Create thread. The generational lull is a big problem, but a larger problem concerns the lack of forum traffic. The site needs new servers and a less cluttered layout badly. Even if the numbers aren't necessarily interesting, the community can still thrive. 

Around the Network

Just noticed Battlefield 3 passed 6 million on the 360! :)

MontanaHatchet said:
Carl2291 said:

Thing is (and I hate how I always have to compare the two sites) that NeoGAF can still average a couple hundred posts for the latest Media Create thread. The generational lull is a big problem, but a larger problem concerns the lack of forum traffic. The site needs new servers and a less cluttered layout badly. Even if the numbers aren't necessarily interesting, the community can still thrive. 

Hasn't Gaf always been like 10 times larger than VGC? It can still be possible that Gaf's threads are dropping too.

No Skyrim (X360) ?

Surprising

Jay520 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Carl2291 said:

Hasn't Gaf always been like 10 times larger than VGC? It can still be possible that Gaf's threads are dropping too.

At one point VGC led GAF in traffic rank. That's not the case anymore. Point is that even if the numbers aren't as interesting, we can still maintain an active and thriving community. GAF is one of the top 5,000 most popular sites in the world simply because people want to go there to discuss things, and it's still growing all the time. We should be striving for that level and volume of discussion here.

MontanaHatchet said:
Jay520 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Carl2291 said:

At one point VGC led GAF in traffic rank. That's not the case anymore. Point is that even if the numbers aren't as interesting, we can still maintain an active and thriving community. GAF is one of the top 5,000 most popular sites in the world simply because people want to go there to discuss things, and it's still growing all the time. We should be striving for that level and volume of discussion here.

That's surprising. I never saw the appeal of Gaf due to it's size. It's seems too huge for any conversation. There seems to be a new post every three seconds in any thread. With most of the posts being shallow one-liners. Maybe I was looking at the wrong threads. And there's like 50 active threads in the past 10 min. Seems extremely hard to keep up with espescially considering there's no sub-forum system. Maybe it's not for people like me I guess.