By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Less Powerful Than The Nintendo WiiU? Dream On, Says Shuhei Yoshida

????

Around the Network
Marks said:
Carl2291 said:
He can dream that Sony lasts long enough to release PS4 ..

Oh so is Nintendo turning a profit?

nice one !

happydolphin said:
Player1x3 said:

This really hit your nerve, didn't it? Did you actually expect WiiU to be even remotely anywhere near as powerful as PS4?

It did hit my nerve, and I already explained to mantle why.

If I understand your question to mean "Did you actually expect a Nintendo console to be even remotely anywhere near as powerful as a Sony console?", you know the answer to that.

Didn't aak that.

But if I take your question at face value, the asnwer is yes. The PS4 will not be much more powerful than the WiiU, just like the Cube was not much more powerful than the PS2. The PS3/360 is more like Cube to Xbox if anything. PS2 was below.

PS4 will be considerably more powerful. WiiU is struggling to even look as good as PS3 titles (TLOU and UC3 completely blow away anything WiiU offered so far). The PS4 titles wont be even a contest. When Killzone 2 demo was shown, it IMMEDIATELY looked better than ANYTHING from last gen. Same with Resistance FOM. That's not the case with  WiiU tho. But you do agree that PS4 will at atleast be noticably more powerful if not considerably?

Lastly, anyone who thinks Sony will release a juggernaught is not up with the times. They cannot afford to loss-lead next gen, and the graphical edge versus production cost is increasing exponentially as we move forward. So no, I don't believe the PS4 will be much more powerful than the WiiU, and I also believe the WiiU will be mildly less powerful than the PS4.

Wrong, you can built a PC that is cheaper than ps3 that could eat it for breakfast. Its really not that expensive to build a noticeably stronger hardware than today 's consoles. 350$ PS4 could end up being a powerhouse

To answer a troll, and answer it as such, Yoshida poorly answered. So much for awesomeness.

Turkish said:
richardhutnik said:
Turkish said:
richardhutnik said:

Thing here is you can't do the level of speculating you had.  It is WAY too presumptive.  We don't know the price of the Wii U, and certainly don't know what the next Playstation console will be or the price it will launch at.  Also, if people grow used to the second screen and like it better than now, then Sony will have problems.

I agree.

I personally try to avoid prediction business, because no one gives me even a cookie if I am right on the Internet, and doesn't pay me to be as wrong as Pachter is.  So, I try to avoid it.  All you do is look bad.  Of course, there is a perverse one where you predict the worse and take comfort in knowing you were right about worst case scenarios.  I still find that means you end up with a a pile of sux in the end.

I agree man, I want to become a tactical forecaster, sometimes the things that seems to be the most logical just doesn't happen.

What is a tactical forecaster?  I tried to google that and anything from predicting sales to Gundam came up.

Thing is, that is very possible the next Playstation model won't be the PS4.  The PS Vita was not the PSP 2.  And XBox 2 didn't exist, it became the XBox 360.  And then Nintendo threw me for a loop by actually having Wii as part of the next system they were releasing.  They never did that with a home console, that they kept the name of the system (well there is NES, SNES but they moved beyond that).

But hey, if you get paid for it, more power to you.  Just learn from Pachter than you can be horrendously wrong in predicting, but still get work.  Just find people with money that are really clueless and speak basic facts about what is, and get them to give you money.

Turkish said:

it means that the player is the baby , and the PS3 is responsible for his emotional development.

see the laughing , the crying and all the emotions , the ps3 has the role of a mother for the player .

Oh my god I-- ... I... I've never heard anyone explain this before. Yet it makes perfect sense. Crazy and insane... but it makes sense.

Still an absolutely terrible commercial, but you sir, have blown my mind.

Around the Network

lol I find it hilarious how some find this as a direct insult at them or something

the Q was a troll Q and the answer was a polite yet a witty one. This really is not arrogance. if you want some arrogance read up on the latest few interviews Nintendo execs did. they for some reason seem to be in a damage control mode..god knows why

and so far all info indicate a pretty significant difference in power between the wiiu and the next ps4/xbox3. I'm no tech guy but I have been reading some good detailed conversation on the matter and the real battle (from the rumored specs) will be between the xbox and the PS. I really can't wait to see what their first parties have cooking for the release

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
lol I find it hilarious how some find this as a direct insult at them or something

the Q was a troll Q and the answer was a polite yet a witty one. This really is not arrogance. if you want some arrogance read up on the latest few interviews Nintendo execs did. they for some reason seem to be in a damage control mode..god knows why

and so far all info indicate a pretty significant difference in power between the wiiu and the next ps4/xbox3. I'm no tech guy but I have been reading some good detailed conversation on the matter and the real battle (from the rumored specs) will be between the xbox and the PS. I really can't wait to see what their first parties have cooking for the release

Interestingly, I didn't find anything Nintendo said to be arrogant. Did you... perhaps, find Nintendo's comments as a direct insult to yourself or something? 

:P 

Different views from different sides.

wfz said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Interestingly, I didn't find anything Nintendo said to be arrogant. Did you... perhaps, find Nintendo's comments as a direct insult to yourself or something? 

:P 

Different views from different sides.

you see me being angry about them or just laughing about it? Should give you an idea if I felt insulted or not ;)

It really is not. They are fully starting to sound like the sony exec arrogance post PS2. I guess success corrupts or something. 

Anywho all arguments on these objective matters aside, the point I made about the current power speculations are spot on. We will see the difference by next E3. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

richardhutnik said:
Turkish said:
richardhutnik said:
Turkish said:
richardhutnik said:

Thing here is you can't do the level of speculating you had.  It is WAY too presumptive.  We don't know the price of the Wii U, and certainly don't know what the next Playstation console will be or the price it will launch at.  Also, if people grow used to the second screen and like it better than now, then Sony will have problems.

I agree.

I personally try to avoid prediction business, because no one gives me even a cookie if I am right on the Internet, and doesn't pay me to be as wrong as Pachter is.  So, I try to avoid it.  All you do is look bad.  Of course, there is a perverse one where you predict the worse and take comfort in knowing you were right about worst case scenarios.  I still find that means you end up with a a pile of sux in the end.

I agree man, I want to become a tactical forecaster, sometimes the things that seems to be the most logical just doesn't happen.

What is a tactical forecaster?  I tried to google that and anything from predicting sales to Gundam came up.

Thing is, that is very possible the next Playstation model won't be the PS4.  The PS Vita was not the PSP 2.  And XBox 2 didn't exist, it became the XBox 360.  And then Nintendo threw me for a loop by actually having Wii as part of the next system they were releasing.  They never did that with a home console, that they kept the name of the system (well there is NES, SNES but they moved beyond that).

But hey, if you get paid for it, more power to you.  Just learn from Pachter than you can be horrendously wrong in predicting, but still get work.  Just find people with money that are really clueless and speak basic facts about what is, and get them to give you money.

hehehehe indeed its from Gundam, I love that show! I dont wanna become a forecaster or analyst, i'm predicting because its fun! If it was my job I would not enjoy it lol.

wfz said:
Turkish said:

it means that the player is the baby , and the PS3 is responsible for his emotional development.

see the laughing , the crying and all the emotions , the ps3 has the role of a mother for the player .

Oh my god I-- ... I... I've never heard anyone explain this before. Yet it makes perfect sense. Crazy and insane... but it makes sense.

Still an absolutely terrible commercial, but you sir, have blown my mind

"The PS3 will instill discipline in our children"

-Ken Kutaragi

PS3 is a mother dontcha think?