By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft Expects Nintendo To Manufacture 5 Million Wii U Consoles In First Six Months

Seems reasonable... for reference Wii sold 7.7 million in the first 6 months and PS3 sold 3.5 million.

Around the Network

Yes& Easy

Isn't that only about 850k a month? Which goes to about 170k a week? The 3DS is selling more than that and it doesn't have its own 2D mario game! Also it has better launch line up (way better) right now. I can definitely see it happen.

But what scares me is this statement

"Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has revealed that he has extremely high expectations for Wii U and believes that demand for the console will be strong."

Extremely high expectations? WTF? So normal sales is 100k a week?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'd think so... probably more if its a big hit.

killeryoshis said:
Isn't that only about 850k a month? Which goes to about 170k a week? The 3DS is selling more than that and it doesn't have its own 2D mario game! Also it has better launch line up (way better) right now. I can definitely see it happen.

"Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has revealed that he has extremely high expectations for Wii U and believes that demand for the console will be strong."

Wii 'only' did 7.7m in first 6 mos, most consoles do quite a bit less than 5m in first 6mos.

You have to consider supply constraints and limited availability world wide. First six months may only be available in US/Canada/Japan/Major EU territories.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:

I don't think anyone in the gaming media is really expecting the WiiU to do well- no idea why

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I can't get enough of these Wii U rumours and announcements, it seems there's a new one every few minutes.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

WiiU is going to underperform, but it will do well, maybe 66% of the Wiis ltd sales
in its first 6 months i expect at least those 5m to be sold, but could be more, easy

I'm going to buy 3 in the first 6 months.

The millions of people who are disappointed with the Wii will probably by one. But will it have leg?