By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

RolStoppable said:
Kantor said:

That's why I'm pretty sure he's X-shot unlynchable.

There is only one person in the entire series known for their ability to resist death, and that is Melisandre.

If it's X-shot, then baalz's miller claim makes even less sense for scum baalz. Why potentially waste a shot when it's absolutely unnecessary?

For all this to make sense, baalz has to be town or a complete moron.

The problem is, his being town doesn't make any sense either. We're all trying to calm down after Trucks' ragequit, and are just about ready to finalise a vote on No Lynch, and he pops out of nowhere and starts a lynch train.

What was he expecting? Of course people are going to vote for him. He roleclaimed miller. The only people who didn't vote for him were prof (and who knows what motivates that man) and the people who weren't in the thread.

There must be some explanation for what he did, and it would help greatly if he would get in here and explain it to us.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kantor said:

There is only one person in the entire series known for their ability to resist death, and that is Melisandre.

If it's X-shot, then baalz's miller claim makes even less sense for scum baalz. Why potentially waste a shot when it's absolutely unnecessary?

It's the later. And frankly, I'm feeling the same way about people who can't see that baalz is scum.

Maybe I'm having a hard time understanding this. Explain why a town lying about being miller and getting countered by the real miller makes them town? Keep in mind the liar somehow predicted that the real miller existed all along for his brilliant plan to work. Why lie, I just don't understand it.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

You know. I'm not gonna raise my blood pressure over this. I'm just gonna remind the vigilante to shoot and kill baalz.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
RolStoppable said:
Kantor said:

It's the later. And frankly, I'm feeling the same way about people who can't see that baalz is scum.

Maybe I'm having a hard time understanding this. Explain why a town lying about being miller and getting countered by the real miller makes them town? Keep in mind the liar somehow predicted that the real miller existed all along for his brilliant plan to work. Why lie, I just don't understand it.

Assuming that somebody is an idiot for performing an action that you don't understand is rather silly, hatmoza.

There is definitely a reason for what he did.

Honestly, if I was a scum that could avoid one lynch, I would have DEFINITELY stayed quiet during the end of that day. Why speak? Even if Baalz was targeted by a cop that night, he wouldn't have to worry about being lynched that next day, and he'd basically waste the town's time. Call him a "moron" all you like, but unless there's one good reason why a scum baalz would decide to claim miller/unlynchable when the day was just about to end, I'm not going to believe it - sorry

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
radishhead said:
Honestly, if I was a scum that could avoid one lynch, I would have DEFINITELY stayed quiet during the end of that day. Why speak? Even if Baalz was targeted by a cop that night, he wouldn't have to worry about being lynched that next day, and he'd basically waste the town's time. Call him a "moron" all you like, but unless there's one good reason why a scum baalz would decide to claim miller/unlynchable when the day was just about to end, I'm not going to believe it - sorry

Do you have any explanation for why a town baalz would do that?

I could understand why a scum baalz would do it if somebody else had been about to be lynched, but we were set to choose No Lynch, so it makes no sense at all.

Perhaps he wanted to make himself known to somebody else. Let's work along those lines, because his intention was undoubtedly to draw attention to himself. Any ideas developing on this?

RolStoppable said:
hatmoza said:

To have a pre-emptive excuse if he was scanned by a cop. It's not unusual. And if it worked and no one countered his miller? You think he would have came forward about lying? And yes, he claimed miller to avoid the lynch BECAUSE he's scum.

I just don't buy it, I'm sorry. The whole, " I did this whole thing on purpose" is an outrageous claim. He claimed miller knowing there was another miller? That's too farfetched. Go back and read his miller claim. It hardly looked like it was planned.

As I understood it, he claimed miller knowing that a miller is probably going to be lynched. Additionally he admitted to fakeclaiming Robb Stark, because he thought that character was certain to be in this game. This tells me he wanted votes to then draw conclusions on who might be town and who might be scum. He could take this risk, because he is unlynchable.

But he should explain himself when he comes online. Right now it makes much more sense to me if he is town.

This is actually very important.

Do we have a Robb Stark in this game? If we don't, it seems to me to be very likely that he has some kind of safelist, which suggests that his own role would not be very pleasing to the town.

HoS: Hatz
He thinks Baalz could still be scum. Honestly, an unlynchable scum player is not only game breaking, but the only chance he would have of dying is from a vigilante and/ or a serial killer. Also, he claimed miller because he said he wanted to get lynched to see who would vote for him right away. What better way to get lynched, especially with another Miller coming forward. Not only did his plan prove he is unlynchable, but it also shows who the real miller was. It only makes sense for him to be town and you are crazy to think otherwise.

HoS: FF
He didn't vote for Baalz before he admitted his plan like everyone else, he voted for him afterwards. His post was quick and to the point saying we should lynch all liars. He isn't playing like he usually does when he is town.

HoS: Spurge
Not only did you hammer Baalz when everyone was still discussing, but you also did it after he admitted it was his plan all along to get lynched.

FoS: Kantor
He is active, but is careful to not get noticed too much. He doesn't want to get on anyone's bad side.

FoS: Radish
You need to pay attention more. :P

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Kantor said:
radishhead said:

Do you have any explanation for why a town baalz would do that?

I could understand why a scum baalz would do it if somebody else had been about to be lynched, but we were set to choose No Lynch, so it makes no sense at all.

Perhaps he wanted to make himself known to somebody else. Let's work along those lines, because his intention was undoubtedly to draw attention to himself. Any ideas developing on this?

The only possible reason I could think of as to why a town Baalz would want to draw attention to himself would be to try and obtain information. However, why did he wait until after the day was basically over to do that? We had a long period where basically nothing happened- claiming miller etc. would have caused an uproar in which he would have gained lots of posts for analysis, if that's what he wanted to do

It's almost unexplainable

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

supermario128 said:

FoS: Radish
You need to pay attention more. :P

How so? :( If you're referring to Hat's comment about "hurr nobody was lynched day 1 radish", I already explained what I meant regarding that

Watch me on YouTube!