By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

theprof00 said:

So we have Radish (non-voter) who said:
"@Pezus just out of interest, do you know for a fact that he's lying (ie. evidence), or do you just feel that miller is extremely unlikel"

This is his only post. He stuck around for a while and then logged off. This is also why I asked him if he was sure he was female (gambling that he might think I know he's not), because when I figured it out, I saw 6 people show up and only one not vote. He stuck out. Brienne seems genuine. It's a pretty solid claim and a main character with her own arc.

Smeags (voter) was talking about his character and hints he'd been leaving behind.

Rol says (voter) says,
"Based on Baalz's and your play so far, I am inclined to believe that you are the real miller. Two millers in the same game, especially one of this size, is highly unlikely....Can somebody else who is familiar with Game of Thrones confirm that Robb doesn't make sense as a miller? Votes after the question is answered by Kantor as making no sense.

Pezus (voter) was the counterclaimant. Some discussion as to who his character was by Kantor.

Kantor (voter) writes:
"I trust you.I cannot for the life of me figure out why baalz made such a ridiculous claim. Let's get him to explain.
Vote baalzamon.

However, he soon after writes this:
"Exciting as this is, I'm going to bed now. Hopefully I will wake up and learn that we have lynched a hopelessly incompetent mafioso."

Seemed a bit strange that his vote at least appears to be meant as pressure, but he closes with saying he hopes that when he comes back Baal has been lynched and is mafia. For what it's worth.

Wonk appears, (non voter) saying,
"I to know of one game that had 2millers and linkz was one of the 2. why is Baal claiming now? What could he expect to achieve?"

Hatmoza appears (non-voter) and says in response to Wonk,
"It's not like baalz is defending the idea of being the second miller. He was caught in a lie and essentially gave up.Maybe this is a sign to move forward and a blessing after the Trucks modkill.Btw, when he flips mafia, you arte my top suspect (answering your previous question). You and him similar attitudes about day one.

Follows up on Baalz, saying
"Enough. Tell us your story. You are doomed to a lynch pretty much at this point. amuse us."

Next, we have Wonk saying "are you trying to get modkilled?"
This seemed strange to me. Just as a cursory look, it seems like Wonk would like Baalz to be modkilled. That would also imply that Wonk believes Baalz to be town. If Wonk is town and figured it out before me, I sincerely have to condragulate him. He was far faster that I was. Still, doesn't stop the niggling in my head that town should think Baalz is mafia and mafia should know that Baalz is town.

Baalz also responds to this by saying that Pezus did the same thing but Wonk hadn't questioned him. Great question, imo.

Spurge comes back online, asks what a miller is, asks why Baalz would do such as thing as claiming out of the blue.

I say, something doesn't make sense here (it was almost immediately when I typed that that I realized what was going on). I also figure that if I was able to figure it out, no, if WONK was able to figure it out shortly after the fifth vote, then it's possible that mafia might also have figured it out at this point. In which case, any further votes might simply be just mafia running with the herd so as to not be left standing alone on the hill. :D

FF comes in saying
"Bzzt, try again.  Linkz is running this game without a twilight, so once you get hammered, and KNOW you're hammered, you are not supposed to be talking.  So fess up. 
As for "do you want to get modkilled", pezus's question and your answer are treading perilously close to "quoting role PM" territory.  I wouldn't ban for it, but I'd probably give you both a warning."

This could be two things. It could be A) FF knows Baalz is town (mafia mindset), or B) FF was fishing for linkz to warn, thereby confirming Baalz. Hard to tell, but I have a pretty good town read on FF, unless he's figured out the metric I've used for determining his alignment from game to game.

Wonk responds to Happy.
The story goes, Happy asked me if I could name cop people during the day, and posted mod-supported evidence that roles should only occur at night (debateable, but from my end, that is true. Only at night) He says I and Wonk were using alternate wording. (I'm not sure I understood this portion) He says it's fishy.
I later clarify that I indeed could only use my role at night and that my character reads on people have simply been through things my reads have said. My reads are fallible, but my role is not.

So, Wonk responded to this saying
"Prof is asking for advice for a role, and I can see where that can be handy but for the most part I dont think it useful for a powerrole to do things like.
I however was trying to scum hunt. Thankd for shooting it down.
what do you mean by withough having it tainted with distortion that usually happens in mafia "read" posts?
once you explain it I would then like to know why you think it is usual?
I don't see how getting people to say who they want me to look back on is fishy. I get a few people to say some names it means pplayers will have put info out there for the town to look back at latter. Who does the lack of information being posted help more?"

Now, I don't like that he says he was trying to scumhunt and thanking happy for shooting it down. Seems like he's blaming a townie for scumhunting. Further, it could also be a tactic by wonk to find who everyone suspects so that going into the night, mafia have a good list of people to take out. Townies who suspect mafia might be targets while townies who are clueless might be left alone. It also would work in that if enough people think a single person is suspect, that person might be a good target to be the SK. Just my thoughts on this. I'm not saying Wonk is scum.

This is when I start pushing people to vote.

Wonk (non voter) says he hasn't voted because there are still things to discuss and doesn't want the day to end.

Mario (voter) comes in and starts posting. He will later say (after I question him) that he has read through the thread and is now responding to each individual post he finds. He says:

"Either you and Pezus are telling the truth and we have two millers. (Unlikely because two millers seems far fetched)
...or you are both lying. (Unlikely because I doubt two mafia would both be stupid enough to claim miller)
...or you are telling the truth while Pezus is lying. (Unlikely because of the way you reacted to his claim)
...or Pezus is telling the truth while you are lying. (Very likely because of the timing of your claim and the way you acted after Pezus came forward)

Now, this is after the five and after my own realization, so I don't know how much I can trust my analysis of this. It would seem to me that Mario believes that Baal is lying. This would make me inclined to believe that Mario believes Baalz is mafia, or scum of some kind.

Spurge apparently posts next. He was there the whole time just reading. Is that suspicious, yes. Is he scum? *shrugs, spilling some ale on the floor*

I then post my suspects. Two people who were online and didn't vote. Two who voted; One voted initially, one after the five. In my head, it was likely that by the time Mario arrived, scum had already figured it out, meaning that moving to vote was at that point a non-tell.

FF checks in again.

Important to note that Mario doesn't actually press Baal for anything solid, just flaky things like "who is your scumbuddies". Just a thought.

Noctis comes in..his post doesn't seem too important just reminding everyone that he's really busy.

I then use this opportunity to try to out Joffrey, under the assumption that if Robb stark is bad, Joffrey might be good. Mario counters by asking why I'm assuming things, saying that perhaps Robb is just a safeclaim.

DS then comes in saying he doesn't buy Baalz claim and that Baalz will get his vote soon enough (we will later find out that he can't bold on his phone so doesn't vote)

Insomniac comes in, first post, he votes.
His whole post is here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4629109 far too big for me to paste given that I've taken up so much space already.
Seems pretty genuine. Looks like he believes Baalz is lying, closes by saying if Baalz was actually a town, he should be trying to help town. He votes. (Again, this is after the 5, so I'm not sure I can trust my analysis)

Radish comes back, responds to my question about him being a woman (answered in a very non-defensive way, good answer) Radish says he would be willing to investigate this Baalz thing tomorrow (Game day 2?). Thing about Radish is that he's ALWAYS a very cautious player, so I can actually kind of understand him not putting a vote down when he doesn't understand the evidence. (but again, it's post-5)

I unvote to see who else we might be able to get to vote, under the assumption that the people coming in and voting are town, and the people holding back are mafia. This was more of a "let's just see what happens" since I knew at the 5 that we were likely entering WIFOM. (WIFOM: mafia knows, so act differently). Still some of the people who came in and voted seemed genuine, like insom, so I couldn't say it was worthless to continue this. After all, it's Baalz masterpiece, he decides when to end it.

Radish does some investigating. Mario tells him to re-read everything. Says Baalz claimed, was caught in a lie, and gave up. Similar to what Hat was saying earlier. Mario then says something interesting. Earlier, I said maybe Robb is bad and Joffrey is good. Mario came in and said "why would you just assume that. It's much more likely that it's a safeclaim. Here he says to Radish "Or maybe you just don't want to see a fellow scum mate lynched? I'm starting to think that names don't mean too much." Not sure how to interpret this. Either he actually believes that Baalz is scum, or is playing a heavy WIFOM game (ie; he knows that I know that he knows)

Despite this, Radish, after being threatened that maybe Robb and Brienne are scum buddies, votes for Baalz. Very peculiar.

HD then comes in votes Baalz and HoSes Wonk and myself. At this point I don't think I can interpret the rest of the posts. I was already getting iffy on Mario's last post when I considered heavy WIFOM game.

But, that, in a nutshell, is the miller situation. Hope it doesn't make your eyes bleed.

My eyes are bleeding, but I appreciate the work you put in nonetheless.

I'm somewhat suspicious of SuperMario, Radish, and (to a lesser extent) Final-Fan after everything that went down these past few hours.

Of course, for me Spurge is suspect number 1 (I see he's finally voted for Baalz), and I'm also suspicious of HappyD.

HoS:

SpurgeonRyan
RadishHead
HappyDolphin

FoS:

SuperMario128
Final-Fan

Around the Network

i cant believe after the reveal i got further votes you scummy bastards

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

UGH
Why did you end the day...

Gotta be quick then:
Mafia, know that it is very likely I will be watched and doc'd. We will find your roleblocker or your strongman, or whoever you send to me
Jaqen, don't think that I haven't thought about you. You are likely a hitman SK.
I would give you a name: Jaqen H'gar.
JK, I take it back. Joffrey Baratheon.

i gotta say prof my mistake was making it a little obvoous too early i think. it is incredibly difficult to bs your wau through a fake name and role claim when my only intentions were to receive votes but be able to discuss it before the day ends

spurge you better explain why you had to try lynching me and end the day doing it

Around the Network
radishhead said:
I really appreciate the summary of the miller situation, Prof

I know the timing of my vote on Baalz was peculiar, but it was really because I had to go, and I didn't want to have to be the one to put the hammer vote on later.

No prob. Like I said, anything after the 5th vote are harder to read.

You played as you usually would, very cautiously when you don't understand, so I can't fault you for not voting, necessarily. Sure it's suspicious, but I can't say it isn't understandable given your history.

especially when you say i want people to vote for me. what an excellent cover considering i said the exact opposite with my reveal.

theprof00 said:
sorry just went out to get coffee.
Ok, so your rereading was this morning.
And last night when you were online, you were either afk or too tired and logged off, or something?

Yeah, I got up to speed this morning.

Yesterday night when I was done overtime I probably just closed my browser, I don't know if vgchartz set me as online or offline, I'm not sure. I didn't get online at home I was too tired and just watched H&K go to whitecastle then went to bed.

I also arrived right on time while my roomie was watching it to see that blond beauty's boobies, but that's another story.

@Baalz. Those that haven't commented yet I assumed to be offline, but those who commented and didn't vote I found suspicious, and you listing them (since in my eyes you're guilty) makes them more suspicious, since you wanted to redeem them by hinting that those that didn't vote for you are more innocent.

Lastly, those that voted for you I listened to and their votes made sense to me (I joined them for a reason, their arguments were good in my eyes).

theprof00 said:
UGH
Why did you end the day...

There's a reason why he's my number 1 suspect Prof.

wait...tell me you ate still suspicious of me happy. thay will give me a good chuckle