By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

RolStoppable said:
I am town. I am male.

I find this "say you are pro town" thing a little bit odd. Nen was an SK last round and he was pro town for the longest time, so saying that you are pro town can be a sneaky way to slip past the lie detector.

"Pro town" is alignment; "helping town" isn't the same thing. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I am town. I am male.

I find this "say you are pro town" thing a little bit odd. Nen was an SK last round and he was pro town for the longest time, so saying that you are pro town can be a sneaky way to slip past the lie detector.

I didn't know that SKers came up pro-town on the lie detecter? Shouldn't they be considered neutral by the game's mechanics?

@"Nen has been scum in every round I played with him. How high do you think are the chances that he is scum in this round once again?": I don't have a clue, but I know what you mean if you're suggesting that some people seem to be mafia more than statistically expected. This round, I'm playing under the assumption that everyone is mafia, but I'm not going to assume that every comment aimed at me is a delibrate attempt to throw me under some hidden lynch train 

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

hatmoza said:
Final-Fan said:
I'm going to drop a huge hint about my character name: it's spelled funny. That should narrow it right down.
Seriously, though, I think it;s time to shake things up.
Vote No Lynch

I can't remember the last time we had a quick day one end with No Lynch. I'm almost encouraged to follow suit, but my brain is telling me wait for everyone to participate... or until prof goes crazy.

That would be fine too, but actually I was hoping people would jump on me for "trying to end the day already" and give me some good reactions.  Not many people reacted at all. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

I am anti-town. The lie detector cannot use his power on this post just as well as on anyone else, with the same effective result, even if he can use it on specific phrases instead of the entire post.

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

I didn't know that SKers came up pro-town on the lie detecter? Shouldn't they be considered neutral by the game's mechanics?

@"Nen has been scum in every round I played with him. How high do you think are the chances that he is scum in this round once again?": I don't have a clue, but I know what you mean if you're suggesting that some people seem to be mafia more than statistically expected. This round, I'm playing under the assumption that everyone is mafia, but I'm not going to assume that every comment aimed at me is a delibrate attempt to throw me under some hidden lynch train 

Radish, you know the drill.

Wrong answer.

Unvote: prof

Vote: radish

You're right, I know the drill- there's absolutely nothing incriminating in that statement, and I know it, because my alignment is town and those were my genuine beliefs regarding the Nen situation. You're looking too hard for "mistakes" to make me fall into a trap- and trust me, if you continue in this way and make me some diversion from finding actual mafia, then you're not as great a mafia player as I first assumed

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Haha chances are never a good indicator.
Lets wait to hear ehat he says about things. Hes not a good liar.
The only reason he did so well last game was because mafia actually were his enemy. When he doesnt know who to target hes mich more transparent.

I do agree that the lie detectir gamble should not become a constant.
If people get too used to it, it loses its edge.
its like all tells really, which is why i tend to switch them up every so often. You see it, you learn the trick and it cant be used for a while.

Well looks like im still checking in here and there. Ill be on my phone and try to keep my theories to my quick topic.

Tagged.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

spurgeonryan said:
Wow! A serious vote from insomniac this early in the game. I did not watch the last game. Were you lynched day one?

Funny thing is insomniac is you still did not say if you are town. I am sure that now that others have also called it a pointless question that you will say something, but obviously its too late. Food for thought!

I was not lynched Day 1. And since I did not enjoy how I posted in the last game, I decided to try something new.

I'm not entirely sure that you read the whole thread. Check again.

Also, for prof, I am male.

Checking in! Today is my second double shift in a row, sorry about the delay. Right now I'm posting on my phone (I'm on my break ).

I'll do some reading and mafia'ing later tonight. ^_^

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

You're right, I know the drill- there's absolutely nothing incriminating in that statement, and I know it, because my alignment is town and those were my genuine beliefs regarding the Nen situation. You're looking too hard for "mistakes" to make me fall into a trap- and trust me, if you continue in this way and make me some diversion from finding actual mafia, then you're not as great a mafia player as I first assumed

I want my team to do well. If you are scum, then I want you out of the way. If you are town, then I want you to support my team. Nobody likes the old Radish, that much you should know. If you want to be old Radish, then it's in our best interest to make you gone.

What? I added that extra bit onto my post just to prove to you that I'm not "old radish" 

Watch me on YouTube!