By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

Happyd is not mafia. He already gave away his role.

Around the Network

Well I guess I missed it then -- is it Jester?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
Wonktonodi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

You for how you reacted to rol's trap.
mario for how he reacted to hatmoza's questioning
I know spurge gave me a bad feeling when I was catching up on the posts yesterday but I'd have to go back to see if there's anything to it.

It's a stupid type of trap to the point I will swear whenever I have a killing role I will take those people out first. When I am posting by phone I don't want to have to flip to the op that often just to see if someone that is being talked about is even in the game. He tried to say last game it worked but that was the are you on the same team as someone trap, that led to moreno defending someone he shouldn't have.

You're perfectly entitled to not like this kind of strategy but what bugged me about your intervention was that it was unnecessary, people had already moved on from it and it wasn't a distraction to the town (like say...um... prof's house claiming crusade). It felt like you brought it up to have something to say.

I brought it up because I wanted to say it.  The few posts was able to read while busy were about the trap.  So my frustration in it was most of what I had to think about until I could read more latter.

supermario128 said:
Kantor said:

More concerning is that he jumped in with the lie detector and the votes, and then half gave up after everyone had responded. Half of what he says seems to be in a joking tone. 

@supermario128: Are you always like this?

I haven't given up on anything and to say half of my posts are of joking intent is also ridiculous.

Could you clarify what you mean by "this", so I can give you a proper answer?

Half is a bit of an exaggeration, but you yourself admit that you are joking around: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4626191

I suppose that post itself goes a way to answering my question. You are like this when you are town. According to you.

I don't think I saw you comment on the houseclaiming; apologies if you did. Since you provided the initial push for townclaiming, what do you think of it?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I didnt say that kantor dont twist my words.
all acum had to do was hide behind others who were arguing it, like ff and escalate it just a littke at a time.

And no wonk i asked a simple question and was extremely reasonable about it. And i simply wanted something of a good reason. Instead i was painted as a scum who can figure out roles based on their houses and called silly and a useless strategy.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
all acum had to do was hide behind others who were arguing it, like ff and escalate it just a littke at a time.

And no wonk i asked a simple question and was extremely reasonable about it. And i simply wanted something of a good reason. Instead i was painted as a scum who can figure out roles based on their houses and called silly and a useless strategy.

you asked the wrong question. you asked if you should ask instead of just asking. Asking the houses gets people to say houses. Asking if you should ask gets people to reveal things by what they argue and what they leave out of the argument.

theprof00 said:
Sorry wonk but this is what i do.
Im a name cop.

I openly call bullshit on that claim, sadly though, the fact that you are fakeclaiming and the way you do it makes me believe you are town... and only because of the fact that I know that you (tend to) lie to get your results... now, I have to say I would like to go for lynch all liars just to finally stop it... but... urgh...

Kantor said:

Half is a bit of an exaggeration, but you yourself admit that you are joking around: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4626191

I suppose that post itself goes a way to answering my question. You are like this when you are town. According to you.

I don't think I saw you comment on the houseclaiming; apologies if you did. Since you provided the initial push for townclaiming, what do you think of it?

Indeed, I am joking around a bit more than usual. I never said I am like "this" when I am town though. It really depends on what my role is. If I am a cop I will play differently than I would if I was a doctor or something else. As far as houseclaiming goes, I wouldn't be against it, but you are missing the whole point of Prof's question... I already said "townclaiming" can be used as a good way to see how people react to the initial question. It would be great if there was an actual lie detector though, because they now have something to test on whoever they want.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

theprof00 said:

The point still stands that it could be used by mafiosi to gain knowledge of power roles and serial killers.

But your roleclaim does actually make sense, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I was overly hasty anyway.

Unvote

supermario128 said:
Kantor said:

Indeed, I am joking around a bit more than usual. I never said I am like "this" when I am town though. It really depends on what my role is. If I am a cop I will play differently than I would if I was a doctor or something else. As far as houseclaiming goes, I wouldn't be against it, but you are missing the whole point of Prof's question... I already said "townclaiming" can be used as a good way to see how people react to the initial question. It would be great if there was an actual lie detector though, because they now have something to test on whoever they want.

Wouldn't a lie detector testing that claim just be equivalent to a cop?

I suppose it can't hurt to have two cops. Is Lie Detector generally included as a role?

(Incidentally, I seem to remember spurge complaining louder than anyone else about the townclaim).