By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

pezus said:

I would agree with him though that 2 mafia factions are more likely than one big one. Don't you think? 2 kills per night instead of one for mafia.

We have no way of knowing which is more likely. Two kills per night would make this game a lot shorter and give the mafia a better chance at winning (unless they target the same people 3 nights in a row lol), but a larger team would allow better chances for survival. Like I said, we have no idea way of knowing what Linkz did, but some people keep assuming we have two factions when I have absolutely no idea.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:
I want to let everyone know that I might be absent a lot for the next couple of days. The fires in the US forced some family to evacuate, and they're currently staying with me. I'm trying to find another place for some of them to stay because I don't have enough room in my apartment.

Good luck with everything! I hope no one was hurt at all and that their houses will be OK. The thought of losing everything you own and restarting would be terrible. Some things can't be replaced.

Nintendo still doomed?

spurgeonryan said:
Easy there sport! No need to talk like that to HappyD.

I agree. This is a game guys. No need to get so worked up and start calling people names.

Nintendo still doomed?

supermario128 said:
radishhead said:
I thought that each mafia team (assuming there's two) worked independently-ie. they'd want to kill the members of the opposing Mafia faction to ensure that their one was victorious. After all, it's the other mafia faction that, besides cops, pose the greatest threat to them during night time. Unless I'm messing up the rules and it will end up with a generic "mafia win" no matter which part of the mafia is alive at the end

Yes, two mafia factions do work independently of each other. They have the same goal, kill everyone else and survive until the end. Why are you assuming there are two faction though? What if there is one big mafia team?

It was a response to HD who was saying how players telling their house would be a bad idea at the risk that the mafia teams would find out who each other were (he made a few posts around the same time suggesting that there could be 2+ mafia teams, as well as a few others - I believe that there's probably only one mafia team, but I wanted to make that point to explain why it wouldn't be a bad thing if mafia teams found out who eachother were - afterall, if the mafia knew who their opposing team were, wouldn't that mean the town could come to the same conclusion?)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

It was a response to HD who was saying how players telling their house would be a bad idea at the risk that the mafia teams would find out who each other were (he made a few posts around the same time suggesting that there could be 2+ mafia teams, as well as a few others - I believe that there's probably only one mafia team, but I wanted to make that point to explain why it wouldn't be a bad thing if mafia teams found out who eachother were - afterall, if the mafia knew who their opposing team were, wouldn't that mean the town could come to the same conclusion?)

OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Hypothetically, if there were two mafia factions and one of them figured out who the other one was then town could probably figure it out as well; yes.

Nintendo still doomed?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Just be clear and concise dancer.
How does it hurt town?
Ive heard your arguments but just give me a reason.
Surley if you say character might equal alignment then ill back off.
so far all youve done is give me everything BUT that.
Youve not initiated any discussion, you pushed me to talk here, and you pushed me to share my suspects.
Not long ago i said you were my number one for dancing arouns, and now here you are making houseclaims such a big deal with very little reasoning as to why, ignoring my leniency on players who have voiced why they think its dangerous, and are now using this manufactured threat as a reason for a vote.

Are you fucking blind.  I have said over and over again that I am concerned that it MIGHT hurt town.  Do you really need me to hold your hand while I spin hypothetical scenarios where characters and houses and roles are connected in such a way that your little game hurts the town?  I don't know for a fact that there is any downside, just as I don't see any definite upside.  Character might equal alignment, there, are you happy?  Let alone the fact that I only glanced at the wiki for my own character, so I can't even have a single data point to work from aside from my character is not a completely insane ax murderer. 

From what I've glanced at though, it seems to me that the GoT world is pretty much grey-and-grey morality, so Linkz could easily arbitrarily designate one house "good guys" because they are from their perspective.  Or it could be totally random.  Or anything.  Stop putting words in my mouth like "house affiliation is super important information" because I am not saying that.  But for all I know, it could be, so I don't want you fucking convinving everyone in town to out themselves.  I'm sorry, Mr. President.  I don't dance. 

Anyway, you are pushing me to make a definite claim about the extent to which the flavor is connected with the roles we were PMed, and I'm saying fuck you. 

Part of the reason I'm voting you is:  if you're mafia, you'd expect to be investigated very soon, because you are a very common target of night actions.  You think your mafia team will benefit from all this info you're asking for, and you're confident town will go along, or anyway they won't lynch you over it, and even if they do you weren't long for this world anyway. 

"and you pushed me to share my suspects."
And excuse me but when the fuck did this allegedly happen?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:
Me: " there is one person more suspicious"
Kantor:" and who would that be"

Well arent you little miss curious.

As your good friend HappyD stated earlier, townies volunteer to share rationale.

You are a townie, right?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

supermario128 said:
Stefl1504 said:

Well, suck it, these posts do not give me a good read at all... but right now I am leaning more on the scum side with him, specially because of the stupid stuff with the misunderstandable sentence and his ongoing jokeyness, well it comes down to an

FoS Mario

Good job Stefl. Taking the time to re-read through someone's posts gives me a small town vibe from you. I can explain my joking around and acting a bit differently pretty easily. It is because I am not mafia this time! Last game I always read through my posts twice to make sure nothing I said seemed suspicious. This game I am carefree, which might be why some people think I am playing differently. Although, if my play style is different from last round (where I was mafia(, then that would mean I am pro town this time. Either way, it isn't too hard to change your play style. I play differently every game based on my role.

@bold

that is the problem with better players, just because they play different it does not mean that their allignment from last time has changed.

but it is true that I believe that you would not be joking around that much if you are scum... hummm... well, I still want to keep my eyes on you, because like I already said before my reread, you are hard to read for me and that is why I completely fell for you last round.

[boring mod mode] Please don't flame each other. The last thing I want to have to do is ban one of you. This has been a friendly reminder [ /boring mode mode]

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

happydolphin said:
Final-Fan said:

Happy, you're a joke.  Just because he says he's not pushing, doesn't mean that what he's been doing is not in fact pushing.  You can argue I'm wrong, but the simple fact that he said he's not doesn't make it so. 

And your typo completely reversed the meaning of what you said, and you yelled at me for reading what you said THE WAY YOU TYPED IT instead of the way it was inside your stupid little skull.  Get a hold of yourself and start playing right. 

The fact that he said it, IN THE POST YOU QUOTED, was only support to the fact that he NEVER DID PUSH IT, even if implicitely.

If anyone's a joke, it's you, NOOB.

But ... it doesn't support it

Just the fact that he SAYS something about himself doesn't make it true.  Maybe it is true*, but him saying so doesn't mean it's so.  Do you seriously not understand this? 

*It's not, but for the sake of argument, maybe it is.  This is a rhetorical device that should not be interpreted as doubt or indecision on my part.  I just wanted to make that clear for you Happy, because of how dense you are being. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!