By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

Kantor said:
happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
Just be clear and concise dancer.
How does it hurt town?
Ive heard your arguments but just give me a reason.
Surley if you say character might equal alignment then ill back off.
so far all youve done is give me everything BUT that.
Youve not initiated any discussion, you pushed me to talk here, and you pushed me to share my suspects.
Not long ago i said you were my number one for dancing arouns, and now here you are making houseclaims such a big deal with very little reasoning as to why, ignoring my leniency on players who have voiced why they think its dangerous, and are now using this manufactured threat as a reason for a vote.

Not only that, but he's saying that you're pushing people to houseclaim which you never did.

He initially proposed the houseclaim, justified his proposition and challenged anybody to provide reasons not to houseclaim.

I would say that counts as "pushing people to houseclaim".

He proposed the houseclaim, and justified it as he should (otherwise he would get flack for it). All this is clean.

Then, he didn't challenge people to provide reasons, that's not the right way to see it. He asked for reasons, and honest townies should vote to share rationale. To not share rationale is in general scum behavior, unless you have a reason to keep your cards close to your chest. But discussion house is far from being a topic town should shy away from.

The last thing it counts as is "pushing people to houseclaim" and anyone saying so (final-fan) is putting words into his mouth, a scummy act indeed.

I'm glad you said that though, I wouldn't hold it against you. But at least now that you said it, I can show you why it's not true.

Around the Network

^*vote=volunteer (sorry for all the typos today)

pezus said:

We already know Radish's character simply from an image he posted of his house's shield...There are more small houses in the books/show.

Don't tripple-dot me, I told you I don't know anything about GoT. You and other familiars are supposed to help, not tripple-dot.

As I said, how would you know which character he is by knowing his house, which you know by knowing his shield.

This far you do realize I'm not advocating for house claims, but that doesn't mean I agree with you side-points.

Happy is right again.
i proposed that it would be a good idea for reasons a, b, and c.
some people said why think think it is or isnt a good idea.
ones with legitimate reasons ive excused. I posted a refernce quote earlier specifically for you to read but it appears you have not.
people who have called it silly or said "houses might mean something" i questioned.
You would be right to say that i WANT it to happen, and in that way im trying to see what point of view players have so that i may better convince them that it is a good idea, but saying things like "its dangerous period" or "it doesnt matter" or " doesnt make sense" are not objections i can address. Therefore i consider them evasive answers and suspicious.

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
pezus said:

We already know Radish's character simply from an image he posted of his house's shield...There are more small houses in the books/show.

Don't tripple-dot me, I told you I don't know anything about GoT. You and other familiars are supposed to help, not tripple-dot.

As I said, how would you know which character he is by knowing his house, which you know by knowing his shield.

This far you do realize I'm not advocating for house claims, but that doesn't mean I agree with you side-points.

Sorry for the dots, it's just a habit of mine.

As has already been said, his particular house only really has one prominent character in the show/books. There are other such houses, and I have no doubt that more people here belong to such small houses to the extent that finding out their character would be easy. Combine this with the gender push early on and it would be relatively easy in many cases.

Okay, I'm trying to understand where you're coming from.

Are you saying that linkz may have handpicked some of the most prominent characters of various houses to make up teams of normally less related characters (a fushion of people, each from different houses, make up an alignment)?

Because I was under the impression that houses, not characters of houses, but that entire houses were fusioned together into an alignment or sub-group. I'm not sure either way, but it would be good to hear what the options are.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Smeags said:

And you do bring up a good point, HappyD's responses have been extremely reactionary so far. Relax brotha.

FoS: HappyDolphin

He is pretty much behaving identical to how he played in Round 40, where he was a Town sibling. I think what we're seeing is just in his nature. 

Bingo

Stefl1504 said:

Well, suck it, these posts do not give me a good read at all... but right now I am leaning more on the scum side with him, specially because of the stupid stuff with the misunderstandable sentence and his ongoing jokeyness, well it comes down to an

FoS Mario

Good job Stefl. Taking the time to re-read through someone's posts gives me a small town vibe from you. I can explain my joking around and acting a bit differently pretty easily. It is because I am not mafia this time! Last game I always read through my posts twice to make sure nothing I said seemed suspicious. This game I am carefree, which might be why some people think I am playing differently. Although, if my play style is different from last round (where I was mafia(, then that would mean I am pro town this time. Either way, it isn't too hard to change your play style. I play differently every game based on my role.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Oh, and I might as well go along with the lie detector stunt (I know we're a day or two past that, but as an honorable man I shall perform my duty.)

I am pro town.
I am not mafia.
I am not 3rd party.
I am a male.

Pezus for the third fucking time.
T h a t s. N o t. T h e. P o i n t

The point is that one house cannot comprise the entirety of town. So what if there are 9 dtarks or 12? Still not enough for the emtirety of town.

Also i forgot about ned since hes not in second season. Jon snow is no longer a stark and in fact was never a stark. Just as theom greyjoy is a grwyjoy despite being raised by the starks
Jon renounced house name when he blank.

I will agree though that it was slightly arbitrary but not arbitrary enough to betray the point that all characters must come from different houses. Not all people from any house are nad or good. In fact its very difficult to even say which house is the good house. All characters do their own thing.

happydolphin said:

For example, you can't have a Cop aligned mafia, it's not possible.

Are you sure that the mafia can't have a "Cop"?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089