By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

theprof00 said:
Also, I would like everyone to sex-claim please.
Still missing:

spurge
wonk
mantle
happyd
mario
trucks
ff
smeags
noctis
no claims

Male

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Reminder: You must unvote before voting again.

Votals:
No Lynch[L-7] - FF, Kantor, Baalz, radish
FF[L-9] - Stefl, mario
Stefl[L-10] - insom, Noctis
spurge[L-10] - insom
radish[L-10] - Rol
mario[L-10] - happy
prof - Rolmario

With 20 players alive, it 11 votes is needed for a majority lynch.

~73 hours and 30 minutes remain. Day ends Wednesday 8:00PM EDT(Thursday 12:00AM UTC)
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=&day=14&month=6&year=2012&hour=00&min=00&sec=00&p0=0

pezus said:
radishhead said:

Seriously though, first sex claims, now house claims - it's a slippery slope towards giving the mafia too much information imo. 

Now you just basically gave your character away. I am pretty sure your character wouldn't be scummy though so this gives me a town vibe from you.

Brienne of Tarth is definitely protown, yes.

However, it's possible that radish watches the series or reads the books and knows that.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'm finally caught up. Some thoughts:

- I didn't like Mario's attitude when he was being questioned by hatmoza.
- Baalz and Wonk seem uncooperative. Baalz is whining about Day One being a waste (and being pretty much silent since then). Wonk doesn't like Rol's trap but his complains don't make sense to me, Rol's trap created a bit of discussion but it's not like it monopolized conversation and eclipsed everything else, it was part of the day's event and most players had moved on from it when Wonk whined about it.

- I'm going to side with the people who don't want to reveal their house since I'm also clueless about the theme and don't know how it could affect things and if it could give scum clues as to who to target.

Signature goes here!

What I'm understanding from most of your responses, is that you believe character matches role somehow.
I can say from my own, that it's not the case entirely.

There is perhaps one person in which I think it's true (not going to mention who), but I feel like it's more of a lucky draw that it syncs.

Additionally Radish basically claiming his character goes against this as well. Brienne would most likely be a bodyguard, but his looseness goes against it entirely. Additionally, there are several other main characters that fulfill the role of bodyguard.

Without characters having distinct roles in the show, it seems like it would be very difficult to match them up so.

So, I'll put the question forth again and ask for more explanation from these people who are against it.
1. Smeags
2. FF
3. Hatmoza - Hat seems to be wary simply because of last game. I do not require explanation from you Hat. That is sufficient.
4. Rol - Rol seems to be claiming that role goes along with character. IMO you are exempt from my further questioning.
5.Trucks- Trucks, you've sided with others in the opinion that house might mean something. I'll give you that, but also give you the opportunity to do a little more research into your character and give me a better reason, please.

Please note that I am not FORCING anyone to houseclaim. I simply want to make sure there is distinction between actual hesitation, and not mafia fear, or parroting for that matter.

Around the Network

Also, photos aren't up yet Trucks. Shortly!

The only thing I feel I should add to what I already said is that I am not prepared to take your word that this will not backfire on the town.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
The only thing I feel I should add to what I already said is that I am not prepared to take your word that this will not backfire on the town.

I never said I gave you my word.

I said it is a good idea to lock mafia into their roles. Do you want someone to have enough time to come up with a fakeclaim? The longer this gets drawn out, the more days that pass, the more time mafia has to maneuver around.

I'm not so much saying that this can ONLY help town, but that this will lock mafia into a role, RIGHT NOW, before any nameclaims are made. What happens when mafia says "i'm house tully", and then suddenly we find ourselves with three tully's with only two being main characters? I'd prefer to have everyone claim at the exact same time, but I don't underestimate anyone's slipperiness.

Furthermore, it's troubling that people are saying that houses might mean something. What are you guys implying?

Korppi said:
[...]

What do you think of Spurge, Kantor, and prof?

@Happydolphin; I am still waiting for answers to some of my questions (1 and 3). It would appear that Rol is as well. (In case you forgot).

About question one. Your quote was; "Kantor, your mistake with the happyd thing is a town read for me, so is the radish-prof-pesus fail. Reason: scum talk during the day and have more post error prevention."

I noticed that prof mentioned your post, here. "HappyD is right when he earlier said that scum would have more error correction regarding the nen situation. Upon making a mistake, scum in their QT should have warned them."

I'm still confused about what you meant though. You say that scum can warn each other during the day, which should help them catch mistakes before they are posted. That's how you explained a pro town feeling for Kantor, radis, prof, and pezus based on some mistake that they made. Are you saying that mafia would have caught that and not posted those mistakes?