By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

Indeed, TWO cops AND masons is pretty hard to swallow. Perhaps stefl is naive and/or masons are lying. But if I thought it was possible to have Danne flip cop and not, say, paranoid cop, and NOT lynch his guilty results, I would never have agreed to it. WTF is wrong with everyone who did? (I realize you personally were convinced he was lying.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Of course it would.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

RolStoppable said:
Final-Fan said:
Indeed, TWO cops AND masons is pretty hard to swallow. Perhaps stefl is naive and/or masons are lying. But if I thought it was possible to have Danne flip cop and not, say, paranoid cop, and NOT lynch his guilty results, I would never have agreed to it. WTF is wrong with everyone who did? (I realize you personally were convinced he was lying.)

I am sure you have seen my other post with the pool of suspects. While yesterDay it was three or four people out of six who should be mafiosi, toDay it's three or four out of four. The likelyhood to mislynch again is low, unless a mafioso has managed to slip among the six townies.

Since mantle is in the pool of suspects and was scanned guilty by danne, wouldn't this be a good time to ask him for a name- and roleclaim? What do you think?

I think it's a good time to ask everyone, to be honest. But definitely mantle, yes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

RolStoppable said:

Between mantle and kantor, whose lynch do you think will give the town better information?

Mantle seems very intent on seeing you lynched. His suspect list includes myself, Kantor, and Noctis. If Mantle is lynched and shows up as town, that would immediately throw these three players under greater suspicion. If he is lynched and shows up as scum, that does not necessarily clear any player on his suspect list.

Kantor, like Mantle, wanted you lynched yesterday. While normally wanting scum to be lynched is a good thing, you have explained your role and power in great detail, and have offered yourself as help to the town. I am of the opinion that keeping you alive, at least for now, is more beneficial to the town than killing you. Also, while a Kantor lynch would clear up the mystery of how prof died, I am unsure how that would be as helpful now.

Mantle and Kantor were two of three players with a vote left on you at the end of the day. Lynching either one and having them show up as scum would seem to implicate the other as a fellow scum. However, Mantle states here that he would rather lynch you than Noctis. His reasoning makes sense at first; if we lynch Noctis, you win and are removed from the game. He still seems to believe that you are lying, and if we lynch Noctis, the game ends and you win. While I have nothing concrete to base this on, this comes across to me as a subtle way of steering the town away from a Noctis lynch. Noctis specifically. 

So, because of this, I believe that Mantle would provide greater information if lynched than Kantor.

Final-Fan said:

The vote for insomniac seemingly came out of nowhere -- was that hat?

Listen here you, you're lucky I've decided to become a better person after watching and loving My Little Pony, so I'm gonna try to make this post as non hateful as possible.

The person who investigated me is wrong. I am pro-town, because of that, I don't feel comfortable lynching the other person he investigated. And I'm hardly buying the strongman kill theory from rol about kantor. Right now, the only real person I trust is stefl. Let's just wait and see what good news he has for us. If I recall correctly, didn't he investigate you innocent? Since the other 'cop' was in a sea of wrong with his scan on me I'll feel a lot more comfortable to see stefl's results.

AND with all that said. The honest reason for my vote was to scare him into posting in the thread again... Go figure, he posts immediately after my vote. Absence shmabscence, he was lurking -_-

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

LOL. I am pretty amused by all of you guys saying mantle this and mantle that. Considering I was one of the few who had a vote on a scum instead of a townie on day 3, it was all of you who were wrong. Insomniac conveniently comes here and says that my lynch would be "beneficial" to the town. At this point if you think any kind of mislynch will be beneficial then you guys are the most ridiculous townies ever, but, of course, not all of you are townies.

And someone asked for my role and character I believe. At this point it doesn't really matter :

My character is Benjen Stark, I am vanilla townie.

Lynching Rol would be for the best at this point because that would at least keep us in a situation where a win is possible. Lynch anyone else, and the town faces a higher chance of loss in this situation.

I have never seen a more ridiculous town ever. Killing their own to get information.

pezus said:
mantlepiecek said:

LOL. I am pretty amused by all of you guys saying mantle this and mantle that. Considering I was one of the few who had a vote on a scum instead of a townie on day 3, it was all of you who were wrong. Insomniac conveniently comes here and says that my lynch would be "beneficial" to the town. At this point if you think any kind of mislynch will be beneficial then you guys are the most ridiculous townies ever, but, of course, not all of you are townies.

And someone asked for my role and character I believe. At this point it doesn't really matter :

My character is Benjen Stark, I am vanilla townie.

Lynching Rol would be for the best at this point because that would at least keep us in a situation where a win is possible. Lynch anyone else, and the town faces a higher chance of loss in this situation.

I have never seen a more ridiculous town ever. Killing their own to get information.

I don't get your logic...Rol is not a part of the mafia team and as such him being alive does not decrease our chances of a win. We are getting really close to a scum lynch, I can smell it. But we first must wait for stefl

Lynching Rol will see to it that we don't mislynch again. We should have done this last day itself.

Now we lost a potential insane doctor. Sure if he was paranoid then it wasn't such a big power loss, but an insane doctor could have been used to find scum as well. And it could have confused the scum too.

If stefl brings up an innocent result then you guys will lynch me, don't you? (Unless he scanned me, I guess.) First it was Danne because he would provide information, now it is me, for the same reason.

Listen mantle, if you get lynched it will be at least party because you SCANNED GUILTY so don't even try to put yourself up on the cross with Danne.

That amazing ability the cop has to silence the game until he puts his results forward.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Votals:
Rol[L-5] - mantle
insom[L-5] - hat
pezus - hat
hat - pezus
mantle - pezus

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are needed for a majority lynch.

64 hours, 40 minutes remain. Day ends Thursday 5:30PM EDT(9:30PM UTC)
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Night+4&month=06&day=28&year=2012&hour=17&min=&sec=&p0=179