By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

pezus said:
radishhead said:
The fact that there was no kill is interesting - we might have gotten super lucky with kantor (ie. he is a doctor, his "insane" didn't kick in, and he protected the right person) - roleblockers (ie. prostitutes) must also be considered. I trust Kantor's claim for now, I think

He said he'd "protect" Noctis. Why would mafia target Noctis? Kantor wouldn't be dumb enough to target a confirmed townie with a possible power role if he is an insane doctor.

Oh yes, I forgot about that. In which case, the 3rd parties must either run on a 1 per 2 night basis, or we have more town-protective roles than we thought.

@Rol: I don't know what you're trying to do, but I haven't claimed yet- I told you all, I'm not a protector

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
pezus said:
radishhead said:
The fact that there was no kill is interesting - we might have gotten super lucky with kantor (ie. he is a doctor, his "insane" didn't kick in, and he protected the right person) - roleblockers (ie. prostitutes) must also be considered. I trust Kantor's claim for now, I think

He said he'd "protect" Noctis. Why would mafia target Noctis? Kantor wouldn't be dumb enough to target a confirmed townie with a possible power role if he is an insane doctor.

I did indeed "protect" Noctis, as I said I would. Mario flipping townie confirmed that I was insane doctor, and I wasn't about to risk our losing, say, Rol, because of a coin flip.

It appears that, this time, the protection was actually a protection.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

pezus said:
Kantor said:
pezus said:
radishhead said:

I did indeed "protect" Noctis, as I said I would. Mario flipping townie confirmed that I was insane doctor, and I wasn't about to risk our losing, say, Rol, because of a coin flip.

It appears that, this time, the protection was actually a protection.

Yes, but you do agree that mafia would not target him, don't you? And no, this does not confirm (to us) that you're an insane doctor

It would be interesting to know if a vig actually targeted Noctis... this would be one of the little possiblities to see kantor cleared... and vig, if you really did so, shut up! We don't want to know you...

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

Oh yes, I forgot about that. In which case, the 3rd parties must either run on a 1 per 2 night basis, or we have more town-protective roles than we thought.

@Rol: I don't know what you're trying to do, but I haven't claimed yet- I told you all, I'm not a protector

Hm, I thought you softclaimed a protective role yesterDay. Given the discussed roles you would have had to be a town jailkeeper.

Also, I don't think I was the only one to catch this post, unless the scum in this game is composed of inexperienced players (aside from prof who is already dead).

I'm not going to give anything away beside this, so listen closely. If me telling you all who I targeted yesterday would be any help, I would do it. As it stands, if my role was any use last night, then it wouldn't just be Spurge lying dead this morning.

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I had a hard time finding anything specific about who Spurge trusted (though I didn't look too hard), but after using the find function on the last ten pages, these posts were the closest I saw to being useful as far as who he didn't trust. Post 1. Lurkers, Noctis and Korppi. I'm also mentioned, but he mentioned the fires as a possible explanation for my absence over the weekend. I don't know if he found my absence suspicious or not, but I did post about why and for how long I would be gone before I left. Post 2. Stefl rage vote. Probably useless, but who knows. Post 3. Seems more suspicious of Kantor than Mario. He also mentioned hatmoza as scummy, and seemed to not trust Mantle.

I am still unsure of what to think about Kantor's claim. With Spurge being a weak doctor, it makes sense to have other limited doctors in the game... but he could easily still be mafia. Kantor said he protected Noctis last night, like he said he would do on Day 2, but that doesn't convince me that he is a doctor. Kantor, why do you think it confirms your role?

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:

I had a hard time finding anything specific about who Spurge trusted (though I didn't look too hard), but after using the find function on the last ten pages, these posts were the closest I saw to being useful as far as who he didn't trust. Post 1. Lurkers, Noctis and Korppi. I'm also mentioned, but he mentioned the fires as a possible explanation for my absence over the weekend. I don't know if he found my absence suspicious or not, but I did post about why and for how long I would be gone before I left. Post 2. Stefl rage vote. Probably useless, but who knows. Post 3. Seems more suspicious of Kantor than Mario. He also mentioned hatmoza as scummy, and seemed to not trust Mantle.

I am still unsure of what to think about Kantor's claim. With Spurge being a weak doctor, it makes sense to have other limited doctors in the game... but he could easily still be mafia. Kantor said he protected Noctis last night, like he said he would do on Day 2, but that doesn't convince me that he is a doctor. Kantor, why do you think it confirms your role?

Hmm...I remember spurge trusting you insomniac. He said he now thought that you are town, even though you didn't think he was town.

Why did you leave that part out?

pezus said:
Stefl1504 said:

It would be interesting to know if a vig actually targeted Noctis... this would be one of the little possiblities to see kantor cleared... and vig, if you really did so, shut up! We don't want to know you...

Good point, but how are we to know? Ah well, I will wait for everyone else to come in and have their say, some might have learned something interesting.

Well, he can still claim if he deems it necessary later on, but for now, he should just should up (the vig)

As for myself, I have to correct myself, I wanted to say 75% instead of 85% lol... but looking at rols behaviour...

Rol, did you see anything last night?

Watch me on YouTube!

pezus said:

Spurge trusted Rol, I think, but Rol told him *not* to protect him. Maybe he took it as reverse psychology? To be fair though, if Rol is scum, he is the best scum player I have seen and will likely never get lynched.

Baalz was also a "confirmed" townie, could have protected him.

Actually, Final-Fan is looking pretty likely. He's a big-time player and looked town to pretty much everyone besides myself (by what I could gather).

I am still confused about Spurges whereabouts night one... but I believe he targeted Baalz... (after I appearantly missunderstood that he also was at profs place)

Stefl1504 said:
pezus said:

Spurge trusted Rol, I think, but Rol told him *not* to protect him. Maybe he took it as reverse psychology? To be fair though, if Rol is scum, he is the best scum player I have seen and will likely never get lynched.

Baalz was also a "confirmed" townie, could have protected him.

Actually, Final-Fan is looking pretty likely. He's a big-time player and looked town to pretty much everyone besides myself (by what I could gather).

I am still confused about Spurges whereabouts night one... but I believe he targeted Baalz... (after I appearantly missunderstood that he also was at profs place)

To make my point (baka me...) If that is the case, spurge didn't die because of weakness...