By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

Kantor said:

Oh sorry, I meant to say alignment.

That is, any mafia cop would be a rolecop, because a regular alignment cop is of no use to them.

A namecop doesn't work very well as a rolecop.

I want to know your suspects. Other than mario of course.

Incidentally, why did you not vote for mario when you roleclaimed Doctor?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

If I was mafia, there's no way that I'd kill you tonight - too much suspicion surrounding you atm

I have to ask you about this.

Not too long ago you said we can't take the risk to lynch a possible vanilla townie (noctis). But shortly after you see no problem in lynching a claimed power role (which may or may not be fake). What gives?

I think I know which post you're referring to- if so, I never said that we couldn't take the risk, I was just saying that it would be a bit pointless to lynch him, since if he turned out town then we wouldn't get any information from it. If Kantor turned out town, there's loads of information that we could get to help us lynch a mafia on day 3

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

mantlepiecek said:
Kantor said:

Oh sorry, I meant to say alignment.

That is, any mafia cop would be a rolecop, because a regular alignment cop is of no use to them.

A namecop doesn't work very well as a rolecop.

I want to know your suspects. Other than mario of course.

Incidentally, why did you not vote for mario when you roleclaimed Doctor?

This one last post before I sleep, then. Please read the one above it; it's far more important.

Suspects:

-supermario128, of course

-Korppi and Noctis for lurking

-Spurge for being so roundabout and difficult (lesser suspicion)

-Pezus for relentlessly pursuing me this entire game (even before spurge did, back on Day One). I don't see why he would roleclaim miller, though, so this is more an annoyance than a suspicion.

People I am sure are town: RolStoppable (watcher), Radish (Brienne) and... that's about it, really.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Unvote: Kantor

Honestly, I'm starting to think that Kantor is an insane doctor after all- that would balance out the amount of powers that the town seems to have. Really not sure though- motivator is such as unusual role that I'm doubting that mario would just pull it out of nowhere- I forgot it even existed
Anyways, I'm going to sleep

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

RolStoppable said:
Kantor said:

We have no other sane doctor, which means I am probably a sane doctor.

Which makes it very likely that supermario is scum, but I'm having a hard enough time convincing you that I'm not without throwing another proposal into the mix.

When he does get around to dying and flips scum, do remember that I suspected him when you all had complete faith >_>

I'll give it another shot: Which is a riskier fakeclaim, Rol, Motivator or Doctor? Which strikes you as more likely to be fake, the one which is in every game or the one which is rare?

Did you already forget that spurge is a doctor?

If you are a mafioso, you basically had to claim insane doctor to explain prof's death without getting immediately lynched (you didn't know if there was a third visitor and you needed a claim that kept the door open in case there was no third visitor). Motivator is rare enough, I definitely give you that.

If you truly are a doctor, then I expect you to play your role like a vigilante next Night. If you can't be certain of your sanity, you can't go around and protect town power roles, because you may kill them.

I agree with FF's plan that it might be for the best to give both you and mario another Night to learn more on Day 3 and that we should lynch noctis toDay. I've been thinking about this for the past hour. The current evidence just isn't sufficient to form a definitive conclusion in the mario and kantor case, but we shouldn't end this Day with no lynch.

Unvote: kantor

Vote: noctis

It isn't really your post that convinced me to change my vote. I just think that this is the better course of action.

Spurge's posts are so mired in ambiguity I have no idea what he's saying, but at most he's X-shot, and I don't see why a regular doctor would be.

You could be right, but my being insane doesn't completely absolve supermario.

Until I am certain that I am a sane doctor, I won't go around trying to doctor people, don't worry.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
That last post was to kantors reply to me after the post before it.

I am sure the intention of this post was to clear confusion rather than create confusion.

pezus said:
Gosh, spurge...

Unvote

I'm still not entirely sure we should lynch Noctis. Why not korppi? Because he's a noob?

All the people who unvoted gave reasons for their unvotes, so why did you unvote?

FoS : Pezus

You have been following Rol's footsteps for some time now.

pezus said:
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
Gosh, spurge...

Unvote

I'm still not entirely sure we should lynch Noctis. Why not korppi? Because he's a noob?

All the people who unvoted gave reasons for their unvotes, so why did you unvote?

I read Kantor's recent posts (along with FF's and Rol's) and decided to give it a bit of a think-over. If he is indeed telling the truth, lynching him would be bad. I will at least keep him on my suspect list and see where it goes after the night is over. 

What do you mean I have been following his footsteps? 

From my observations, you voted for kantor after Rol voted for him and you have been pointing out some things that Rol has pointed out.

That is what I mean by following his footsteps.

mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
Gosh, spurge...

Unvote

I read Kantor's recent posts (along with FF's and Rol's) and decided to give it a bit of a think-over. If he is indeed telling the truth, lynching him would be bad. I will at least keep him on my suspect list and see where it goes after the night is over. 

What do you mean I have been following his footsteps? 

From my observations, you voted for kantor after Rol voted for him and you have been pointing out some things that Rol has pointed out.

That is what I mean by following his footsteps.

It's called parroting and it's an indicator for active lurking which is a scum tell.

Examples of his parroting would be nice.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Ok, I'm probably not going to be online for the deadline but I would rather lynch the obvious killer from the two who were watched, mario, and put an end to Rol's lead today rather than postpone when we are likely to have a new lead or two tomorrow. I mean, do we really want to go back to discussing who the possible scum between the two are if they both survive through the night? I really want to put an end to this question mark by tomorrow, not go over it again.

Just put your vote on mario guys, it will mean a lot to my pride when he's lynched and flipped scum. Motivator my ass.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson