By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

RolStoppable said:
Kantor said:

We haven't heard much from insomniac either.

He could be still having family and fire-related issues, but noctis has offered similar justification.

Really, the only one who hasn't tried to explain his absence is Korppi. All three are suspicious though.

insomniac's level of activity has been satisfying on Day 2. You must have mixed him up with someone else.

All the better. I live for another night, I get to protect somebody else. The alternative is that I am lynched and never protect anyone again.

If that's how it is, we must lynch you toDay.

Hmm. I haven't seen him on the last few pages, but looking at his profile, he has been posting.

And your second statement makes no sense.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kantor said:

Hmm. I haven't seen him on the last few pages, but looking at his profile, he has been posting.

And your second statement makes no sense.

You are supposedly a potentially insane doctor and you talked about protecting people. You just threatened the town.

We have no other sane doctor, which means I am probably a sane doctor.

Which makes it very likely that supermario is scum, but I'm having a hard enough time convincing you that I'm not without throwing another proposal into the mix.

When he does get around to dying and flips scum, do remember that I suspected him when you all had complete faith >_>

I'll give it another shot: Which is a riskier fakeclaim, Rol, Motivator or Doctor? Which strikes you as more likely to be fake, the one which is in every game or the one which is rare?

Kantor said:

Why did you protect prof on night 1? I want to know the exact thinking behind that decision.

spurgeonryan said:
I think korppi is new and he is not really here that much. Still after the dozen times we have mentioned him he should have gotten a clue.

Typhoons do not last forever. I would give NoCtis till tonight to start adding to the discussion.
Fires do last a while. I guess we could check the news ourselves and see how they are going in New Mexico or wherever insomniac said they were. So we may have to wait on him.

Kantor if you are an insane doctor and we let you live another night, what happens if your insanity kicks in again and kills someone? Can we take that chance? You almost have to either be insane or mafia st this point. If you were a doctor you would have protected theprof from Mario. Right?

Mario could have been a strongman, as has been suggested many times.

If I am insane (which can only be proven if Mario is killed and flips townie and which I am seriously starting to doubt) then it's more useful as a sort of vigilante power, I think.

mantlepiecek said:
Kantor said:

Why did you protect prof on night 1? I want to know the exact thinking behind that decision.

Remember that at this point I had no doubts at all about my sanity. I was told I was a doctor. I figured I was a doctor.

I suspected prof at first, but I unvoted the moment he revealed he was a namecop. That didn't seem to me like a very scummy role. Names may be tied to alignment, but how strictly can they be tied to role? And mafia already know everyone's role.

I figured that he was a very useful townie to have. Nobody else had suggested that they had a power role at all. So, I protected prof. I imagine most of you would have done the same.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
mantlepiecek said:
Kantor said:

Remember that at this point I had no doubts at all about my sanity. I was told I was a doctor. I figured I was a doctor.

I suspected prof at first, but I unvoted the moment he revealed he was a namecop. That didn't seem to me like a very scummy role. Names may be tied to alignment, but how strictly can they be tied to role? And mafia already know everyone's role.

I figured that he was a very useful townie to have. Nobody else had suggested that they had a power role at all. So, I protected prof. I imagine most of you would have done the same.

What do you mean mafia already know everyone's roles? How can they know everyone's roles?

mantlepiecek said:
Kantor said:
mantlepiecek said:
Kantor said:

What do you mean mafia already know everyone's roles? How can they know everyone's roles?

Oh sorry, I meant to say alignment.

That is, any mafia cop would be a rolecop, because a regular alignment cop is of no use to them.

A namecop doesn't work very well as a rolecop.

Kantor said:

Oh sorry, I meant to say alignment.

That is, any mafia cop would be a rolecop, because a regular alignment cop is of no use to them.

A namecop doesn't work very well as a rolecop.

So you are saying that because prof roleclaimed namecop he must have been a townie? Is that why you protected him?

So let me get this straight, please do correct me if I missed anything. I simply breezed over the last 300 posts.

So it turns out Rol saw only two people at Prof's last night, one claimed doctor and the other claimed motivator... and we want to lynch the doctor? Sorry if I'm the odd ball here but I'd MUCH rather lynch the so-called motivator than risk losing a doctor. I think Kantor has more to worry 'bout from scum or possible third factions than us hanging him by the neck. Plus, if mario does flip motivator and he was telling the truth we can lynch Kantor tomorrow anyway. I'm sorry but right now I'm more comfortable lynching mario. My vote is still on him. Plus,

I assure everyone that me wanting to lynch mario has nothing to do with proving to myself that my suspicion of him was right all along.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Alright, I need to go to sleep now, so I'm going to speak my piece one final time:

• I am definitely some kind of doctor
  • I am leaning about 80% in favour of my being a regular sane doctor, because we haven't seen one of those so far, and insane doctor is a fairly rare role.
  • If mario flips town, I am definitely an insane doctor.
  • If mario flips scum, we go up to a 99% chance that I am a sane doctor.
  • Mario claimed a rarely used role. This is a safe fakeclaim.
  • I claimed one of the most common roles in the game. This is not a safe fakeclaim.

If:

• You lynch me and I am scum: Well done. I am not, however, scum, so this won't happen.
  • You lynch me and I am town: You've just lynched your doctor.
  • You lynch mario and he is scum: Well done. One mafioso down.
  • You lynch mario and he is town: We've lost a motivator. We know that I am an insane doctor and can plan accordingly. Not ideal, but I don't believe that he's town, and it's not as bad as scenario 2.

Would you rather lose your doctor, or lose your motivator? Think about that for a moment.