By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

The only problem is, if we lynch Noctis and he turns out town, what information will we gain from his lynch? If he is town, I think he's vanilla (if he had a power role then he might have been a bit more interested in the round) - in that knowledge, lynching him wouldn't be a bad idea if other people had been defending him etc., but his inactivity means that he doesn't have connections to anyone. It might be a bit of a wasted lynch

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Unvote: Noctis
Vote: Kantor

I don't feel that I need to post a reason for this vote, since it's a combination of the reasons for voting kantor from other players,combined with my earlier posted reasons why it might not be such a great idea to lynch Noctis. Kantor is a high-risk/high-reward scenario, and I have no issues with that in this early stage of the game - we can't take these risks later on

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

RolStoppable said:
Also, in round 41, the first two times scum was lynched it was mainly because of "lynch all lurkers".

Right now, who would you class as a "lurker" in this round?

Watch me on YouTube!

Kantor said:
Final-Fan said:
Hey Rol, do you find Philip's lack of sense of humor disturbing? Or did I do something wrong?

Is his name actually Phillip, or is that just a joke based on his country?

Joke, and not as good as my previous one

I guess I'll have to vote you in spite of my preference, because I'd also prefer to lynch you rather than no-one. 

Vote Kantor

If we have a vig please, as hat would say, shoot Noctis in the face.  korppi could at least theoretically become more active, but Noctis has drowned in his sleep by now. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

No, I'll stick with my preference until later, since I'm sure I'll be back before the Day ends.

Unvote
Vote Noctis

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
spurgeonryan said:
What's the chance that linkz would make some starks town and some mafia? If all starks are town then Mario is town, unless he just made a lucky guess. The question is whether Kantor is an insane doctor or just mafia?

Think about the motives the mafia would have. Getting rid of a name cop would be their number one priority. It could expose them for the lairs that they are. This would confirm the two mafia faction theory as well. Thus, one faction killed Prof. The other mafia faction with Prof on it probably wanted to go after someone "safe" and killed Smeags. The vigilant and/ or serial killer must have went after Wonk thinking he was mafia.

I want to know why you targeted prof on night 1. I remember that you said you thought prof was scum on day 1 and that I was in his team. So why did you try to use your ability on him when you though of him as scum?

radishhead said:

I don't feel that I need to post a reason for this vote, since it's a combination of the reasons for voting kantor from other players,combined with my earlier posted reasons why it might not be such a great idea to lynch Noctis. Kantor is a high-risk/high-reward scenario, and I have no issues with that in this early stage of the game - we can't take these risks later on

We can't take these risks now. We've lost a tracker already, and two other vanilla townies, and the entirety of one mafia faction and some of the other (that cartel thing) are still alive. The watcher has revealed himself. The doctor has revealed himself. Spurgeon is something powerful, even if the scum don't know what.

It's fairly likely that I'm going to be killed by the mafia tonight. Perhaps you should wait for that to show you I was a doctor rather than wasting yet another lynch that could be used on scum.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
radishhead said:

We can't take these risks now. We've lost a tracker already, and two other vanilla townies, and the entirety of one mafia faction and some of the other (that cartel thing) are still alive. The watcher has revealed himself. The doctor has revealed himself. Spurgeon is something powerful, even if the scum don't know what.

It's fairly likely that I'm going to be killed by the mafia tonight. Perhaps you should wait for that to show you I was a doctor rather than wasting yet another lynch that could be used on scum.

If I was mafia, there's no way that I'd kill you tonight - too much suspicion surrounding you atm

Watch me on YouTube!

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:
RolStoppable said:
Also, in round 41, the first two times scum was lynched it was mainly because of "lynch all lurkers".

Right now, who would you class as a "lurker" in this round?

Noctis and korppi.

We haven't heard much from insomniac either.

He could be still having family and fire-related issues, but noctis has offered similar justification.

Really, the only one who hasn't tried to explain his absence is Korppi. All three are suspicious though.

radishhead said:
Kantor said:
radishhead said:

If I was mafia, there's no way that I'd kill you tonight - too much suspicion surrounding you atm

All the better. I live for another night, I get to protect somebody else. The alternative is that I am lynched and never protect anyone again.