By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

spurgeonryan said:
Not sure if this helps you mantle, but the last time I was a vigilante I had one shot and I was third party.

Why did you not protect prof on night 1?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mantlepiecek said:

I don't know if my theory is better.

But the town always requires more defense than offense because of the night kills from serial killers, mafias, and here we are also seeing the supposed "cartel".

An unrestricted vigilante could kill townies too so I really doubt that's possible. Unlike say, a mafia who knows who is not on his team, will accurately kill their opposition.

One thing is clear, we are facing at least two scum factions. Three kills in one night means that scum killed two and a townie killed one, like you said. So I agree with you on that part.

There are no set rules that town always requires more defense than offense. There is nothing that forces a host to include certain roles or how they have to be implemented.

For example, in the last round hatmoza only assigned two nerfed investigative roles to the town. A cop and a name cop, both of them had only two shots. He gave the mafia a roleblocker, a redirector, a godfather and a bus driver to screw over the already nerfed investigative roles of the town completely.

An unrestricted vigilante can of course kill townies, just like an X-shot vigilante. If we look at the last round again, the only guy who had a vigilante shot used it on a townie, but due to luck it caused the beginning of the end for the mafia. But anyway, for all we know the vigilante in this round could still be X-shot and just a little trigger happy.

Just wanted to say though, a restricted vigilante could take his time to calculate who is scum to kill them, so reducing the chances of killing a townie. FF was both wrong and right in choosing his target last game.

Whereas an overeager vigilante or an unrestricted vigilante will work on his gut feelings and will probably be wrong at least once.

I know it must feel wrong to sit on information like this and not try to lynch one of two people we KNOW killed last night, but considering the damage we could do by mislynching, and some very appealing lynch targets, isn't it an option you'll consider?

I mean heck, mafia will probably be tempted to do it for us, right? Either to kill power townies or off the competition.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

What I'm trying to get at is, when there are two competing mafia factions, and the possibility of verifying the claims, it seems like a decent idea to me to give it time for someone to get verified, possibly by dying and flipping, and then lynch the other one if need be. And after all, we do have a couple other people begging to get lynched.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

radishhead said:
I actually forgot that Noctis was playing this round

Vote: Noctis

Get over here!

@the bold

I am going to first address this. This one caught my attention

I am really sensing a freaking Deja vu here. The last time you did this you were a scum. Did you copy paste what you posted the last time you were scum?

FoS: Radish

The general consensus is if you are helpful to the towns= scum and if you are not then= town.

This is the first one of the post helpful to the town I found.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4636413

Trololol!

It might be faulty logic but it's worth a shot so I think I need to re-read you but not now. We have  a serious case I need to attend to.

Anyway, about the Kantor/mario situation.

I want to try and re-read them first. How they interact with prof, how they are playing and such. I also want to analyze the situation before I vote.  

Mario: I found his claim too convenient. Motivator is the safest claim because in all the games I played I haven't encountered a motivator yet. The chances of someone counter-claiming is very slim but he could also be telling the truth so IDK.

You also said that you tried to motivate yourself are you pulling being stupid or confuse card in here?

Kantor: Claiming Doc. While I found mario too convenient. I find kantor's claim to be too risky. Why would I even claim doc if someone died? but he could also be lying of course.

I also sees his claim post a well taught out post. It's that the right term for it? But Kantor is smart as far as I can remember and this is the first time I played with him and I really don't know his playing style so IDK.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Alright peeps, we have less than two days on us to get a lynch going. It seems that our best options at the moment would be Kantor and/or Mario...

This is how I see the situation:

1a) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by vig and smeags gets whacked by mafia. There is therefore only ONE mafia team, around 6 people strong (probably).
1b) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by mafia1 and smeags gets whacked by mafia2. There is therefore only TWO mafia teams, around 3 people strong each (probably) and there is no vig.
1c) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by mafia/SK and smeags gets whacked by mafia/SK. There is therefore only ONE mafia team, around 6 people strong (probably) and one SK and no vig.

2a) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, mafia1 (with Kantor) kills prof, mafia2 kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each.
2b) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, the mafia (with Kantor) kills prof, SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. ONE mafia team around 6 people strong.
2c) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, mafia1 (with Kantor) kills prof, mafia2/SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the SK/mafia2. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each and one SK and no vig.

3a) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, mafia1 (with Mario) kills prof, mafia2 kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each.
3b) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, the mafia (with Mario) kills prof, SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. ONE mafia team around 6 people strong.
3c) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, mafia1 (with Mario) kills prof, mafia2/SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the SK/mafia2. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each and one SK and no vig.

Have I missed something, or is this a pretty good over view of what might have happend?

So where are the cartel in your scenario?

Final-Fan said:
What I'm trying to get at is, when there are two competing mafia factions, and the possibility of verifying the claims, it seems like a decent idea to me to give it time for someone to get verified, possibly by dying and flipping, and then lynch the other one if need be. And after all, we do have a couple other people begging to get lynched.

So you're proposing that both of us remain alive?

I suppose if we have evidence of somebody else other than mario being scum, then trying to lynch them is preferable to lynching the doctor (me). And I can see that it is uncertain, even if mario has always been pretty suspicious in my eyes and is becoming more so.

Who are your candidates?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Noctis has been extreme-lurking, only surfacing long enough to say "get off my back". Just now he shows up, only to say "Fascinating, this calls for a reread of the thread" -- wow, thanks for the insight.

Not to mention his obsession with the term "cartel". It's clear to me that unless there is reference to that specific word in GoT, then it's meaning is simply "a type of mafia". Cartel is a term applied to organizations of businesses, especially otherwise legitimate businesses that are up to something shady together, but the term is also used for mob-style organizations of illegal enterprises. At least, that's my understanding of the term.

Noctis has asked this repeatedly like it's vital to the game, and apparently missed when I previously gave a similar (though less detailed) answer. It is easy to imagine that he is part of Mafia A, wondering what the heck Mafia B's name signifies and worrying about it.

And then there's korppi, who seems to be lurking as much as possible while checking in every now and then. How long has it been anyway?

Votals:  
Kantor[L-6] - Mario, pezus, Rol 
Mario[L-7] - happy, hat, mantle, Kantor
korppi[L-8] - happy
spurge[L-8] - Stefl
Noctis[L-8] - radish
hat - Baalz, Mario
insom - spurge
Baalz - happy
happy - Mario

With 16 players alive, 9 votes are needed for a majority lynch.

26 hours, 45 minutes remain. Day ends Monday 5PM EDT(9PM UTC)
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Night+2&month=06&day=18&year=2012&hour=17&min=&sec=&p0=179

DanneSandin said:
mantlepiecek said:

FoS : Danne

Why?

You were forcing spurge way too much during his name-claim. You also say that your role and the character doesn't match, you have actually said this a lot, which makes me think you might be just lying to clear your path in future where upon name claiming people find out that your role and character doesn't match.