By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

DanneSandin said:
Pezus, a moment ago you said korppi would get your vote, but you're voting Kantor...? What gives?

Getting nervous?

Nothing wrong with changing position regarding a lynch, especially when Pezus has been declaring his uncertainty about Kantor for a while now

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Rol, I have a question regarding your theory. You say the vigilante killed wonk. What's the chances of a vigilante killing wonk on the first night itself?

pezus said:
DanneSandin said:
Pezus, a moment ago you said korppi would get your vote, but you're voting Kantor...? What gives?

I meant korppi would get my vote if we had to vote for someone else than Mario or Kantor

Oh I see, thx =)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

radishhead said:
DanneSandin said:

Getting nervous?

Nothing wrong with changing position regarding a lynch, especially when Pezus has been declaring his uncertainty about Kantor for a while now

Why would I get nervous??

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

RolStoppable said:
mantlepiecek said:
Rol, I have a question regarding your theory. You say the vigilante killed wonk. What's the chances of a vigilante killing wonk on the first night itself?

Vigilante is a role that greatly varies in its usefullness, because it depends on the ability of the vigilante to read the game and choose the right targets. On the first Night gut feeling plays a large factor, so if the vigilante found wonk's play scummy (and remember, some people were skeptical of wonk on Day 1), it can be a good enough reason to pull the trigger.

Cosidering spurge is a restricted doctor, I have having a hard time believing that there is an unlimited vigilante on the townies side. If anything it should have been an unrestricted doctor, and a restricted vigilante.

If there is a restricted vigilante, then I doubt he would use his precious shot on day 1. Which is why I think your theory may not be correct.

Around the Network
pezus said:
pezus said:
Baalzamon said:

Wrong answer.

Are you saying you targeted prof, what was wrong about this? (This was in response to Rol's theory about the prof situation)

Quoting for attention. Why don't you answer?

It was already answered immediately after I said it.  I completely misread the wiki on what a strongman said.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

pezus said:

Vote: Kantor

I have had a bad feeling about him for a while, and Rol confirming that he visited prof only strengthens that position. We need to lynch either Mario or Kantor and if Kantor turns out town, Mario is very very likely the scummy one. I say we lynch Kantor and if he turns out town, the possible vig shoots Mario,

So your justification for lynching the man who is potentially (probably, in fact. As you say later on, Aemon is pretty skilled) your unlimited doctor is that it will help us figure out whether mario is scum or town?

And a "bad feeling", which doesn't really mean anything.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

RolStoppable said:
mantlepiecek said:

Cosidering spurge is a restricted doctor, I have having a hard time believing that there is an unlimited vigilante on the townies side. If anything it should have been an unrestricted doctor, and a restricted vigilante.

If there is a restricted vigilante, then I doubt he would use his precious shot on day 1. Which is why I think your theory may not be correct.

An unrestricted vigilante with a restricted doctor actually makes sense. It's a setup where town has less of a chance to defend itself, but in return more of a chance to go on the attack.

If you have a better theory to explain the three kills last Night, just say it.

I don't know if my theory is better.

But the town always requires more defense than offense because of the night kills from serial killers, mafias, and here we are also seeing the supposed "cartel".

An unrestricted vigilante could kill townies too so I really doubt that's possible. Unlike say, a mafia who knows who is not on his team, will accurately kill their opposition.

One thing is clear, we are facing at least two scum factions. Three kills in one night means that scum killed two and a townie killed one, like you said. So I agree with you on that part.

pezus said:
Kantor said:
pezus said:

Vote: Kantor

I have had a bad feeling about him for a while, and Rol confirming that he visited prof only strengthens that position. We need to lynch either Mario or Kantor and if Kantor turns out town, Mario is very very likely the scummy one. I say we lynch Kantor and if he turns out town, the possible vig shoots Mario,

So your justification for lynching the man who is potentially (probably, in fact. As you say later on, Aemon is pretty skilled) your unlimited doctor is that it will help us figure out whether mario is scum or town?

And a "bad feeling", which doesn't really mean anything.

I am pretty sure either of you is scum, why should it be mario instead of you? I feel like he has been scum hunting more than you the whole game. I explained more in my response to Rol above some of the reasons why I don't believe you're telling the truth. 

Yesterday, there were no scum to hunt, and there was almost no evidence at all. However, I was harder on spurge than pretty much anyone else except Rol. I was one of only three people to vote for prof at some point. I was one of the first to vote for Baalzamon when he roleclaimed miller.

I've never been one of the heavy scumhunters like hatmoza and Rol who can find some reason to suspect literally everybody in the game. That's an area I can improve upon, but it's far from being proof that I am scum.

As for Mario, he "joke-voted" twice on the first day and seemed to be feigning offence whenever anybody tried to suggest that he was fooling around. He heavily defended prof and his idea of houseclaiming. He's barely scumhunted at all, and seems to have remarked upon people giving him "town vibes" more than anything else.

If I were paranoid, I would think you were his fellow mafioso and trying to defend him.  But I'm not.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

RolStoppable said:
mantlepiecek said:

I don't know if my theory is better.

But the town always requires more defense than offense because of the night kills from serial killers, mafias, and here we are also seeing the supposed "cartel".

An unrestricted vigilante could kill townies too so I really doubt that's possible. Unlike say, a mafia who knows who is not on his team, will accurately kill their opposition.

One thing is clear, we are facing at least two scum factions. Three kills in one night means that scum killed two and a townie killed one, like you said. So I agree with you on that part.

There are no set rules that town always requires more defense than offense. There is nothing that forces a host to include certain roles or how they have to be implemented.

For example, in the last round hatmoza only assigned two nerfed investigative roles to the town. A cop and a name cop, both of them had only two shots. He gave the mafia a roleblocker, a redirector, a godfather and a bus driver to screw over the already nerfed investigative roles of the town completely.

An unrestricted vigilante can of course kill townies, just like an X-shot vigilante. If we look at the last round again, the only guy who had a vigilante shot used it on a townie, but due to luck it caused the beginning of the end for the mafia. But anyway, for all we know the vigilante in this round could still be X-shot and just a little trigger happy.

Last round there were two unrestricted doctors/jailkeepers on the town side though.

Anyways, I don't think there is an unrestricted vigilante. I will move on to the next person to ask questions.