By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 42 - Game of Thrones

spurgeonryan said:
What's the chance that linkz would make some starks town and some mafia? If all starks are town then Mario is town, unless he just made a lucky guess. The question is whether Kantor is an insane doctor or just mafia?

Think about the motives the mafia would have. Getting rid of a name cop would be their number one priority. It could expose them for the lairs that they are. This would confirm the two mafia faction theory as well. Thus, one faction killed Prof. The other mafia faction with Prof on it probably wanted to go after someone "safe" and killed Smeags. The vigilant and/ or serial killer must have went after Wonk thinking he was mafia.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
RolStoppable said:
Alright, I don't see any point in keeping this information to myself any longer: mario and kantor were the only two people I saw. Now it's down to if we trust both of their claims.

I think Kantor is lying through his teeth. I am surprised at how quickly you believe him, but how hard it was for you to believe me. If we were the only two people to visit Prof last night then this 100% confirms that Kantor killed him. Personally, I don't believe his insane doc claim for one second. It is the perfect excuse as to how he could have accidentally killed him. It is funny that he didn't go after me too. Right away he says he is an insane doctor, but insane doctors are not notified as such. Why didn't he just say he was a normal doctor? Why didn't he go after me instead? He knows I am telling the truth and I know that he is lying scum. I'm now sure that scum have safe claims for their names, but not for roles.

Unvote

Vote: Kantor

The only reason I began to think I was an insane doctor was that spurgeon had already half-claimed doctor, and we couldn't have two fully powered ones.

It is entirely possible that I killed prof, but I wasn't intending to kill prof. If you are town, then I did kill him, and I was correct about being an insane doctor. If you are Mafia Strongman, I could still be an insane doctor, but I also have the possibility of being a normal doctor.

Notice how I was willing to accept the possibility that you were not mafia, whereas you were absolutely sure I was scum. Mario, there is only one way to be sure of somebody's alignment in this game, and that is if you are mafia yourself.

You have been acting shifty since this game began, and the moment Rol lets up on you to involve me in the investigation, you jump at the opportunity to push the blame somewhere else.

Vote: supermario128

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Votals:
Mario[L-7] - happy, hat, mantle, Kantor
korppi[L-8] - happy
spurge[L-8] - Stefl
Noctis[L-8] - radish
Kantor[L-8] - Mario
hat - Baalz, Mario
insom - spurge
Baalz - happy
happy - Mario

With 16 players alive, 9 votes are needed for a majority lynch.

36 hours, 10 minutes remain. Day ends Monday 5PM EDT(9PM UTC)
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?msg=Night+2&month=06&day=18&year=2012&hour=17&min=&sec=&p0=179

Alright peeps, we have less than two days on us to get a lynch going. It seems that our best options at the moment would be Kantor and/or Mario...

This is how I see the situation:

1a) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by vig and smeags gets whacked by mafia. There is therefore only ONE mafia team, around 6 people strong (probably).
1b) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by mafia1 and smeags gets whacked by mafia2. There is therefore only TWO mafia teams, around 3 people strong each (probably) and there is no vig.
1c) Both Kantor and Mario are town, Kantor accidently killed prof, wonk gets killed by mafia/SK and smeags gets whacked by mafia/SK. There is therefore only ONE mafia team, around 6 people strong (probably) and one SK and no vig.

2a) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, mafia1 (with Kantor) kills prof, mafia2 kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each.
2b) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, the mafia (with Kantor) kills prof, SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. ONE mafia team around 6 people strong.
2c) Kantor is mafia and Mario is town motivator, mafia1 (with Kantor) kills prof, mafia2/SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the SK/mafia2. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each and one SK and no vig.

3a) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, mafia1 (with Mario) kills prof, mafia2 kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each.
3b) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, the mafia (with Mario) kills prof, SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the vig. ONE mafia team around 6 people strong.
3c) Mario is mafia strongman and Kantor is town doc, mafia1 (with Mario) kills prof, mafia2/SK kills smeags and Wonk is offed by the SK/mafia2. TWO mafia teams around 3 people strong each and one SK and no vig.

Have I missed something, or is this a pretty good over view of what might have happend?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

mantlepiecek said:

FoS : Danne

Why?

Around the Network

Nice list, Danne! I'm serious, I'm not sure how much it helps scumhunt right now but if it aids your understanding then good job. That looks, offhand, like a reasonably complete listing of the possibilities.

Now then, I'm tempted to vote Mario in light of the looming time limit, but it's possible his shittiness is just him playing bad this game instead of being bad. What do people think of that? More importantly, who else would we lynch? Noctis? Happy?

And mario, do you know when your target would know they've been motivated? I.e., is it possible for someone to verify your claim by Day 3?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I believe that should be a semicolon after "serious" instead of a comma.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Or a dash or a colon, but a comma just doesn't feel right. Possibly that is just my personal preference, but I'd guess my instincts are alerting me to some actual reason a comma is incorrect there. But I can't identify it for sure.

I don't know why I'm correcting that stuff in this game when I haven't in previous games. Or heck, earlier this game.

Pezus, a moment ago you said korppi would get your vote, but you're voting Kantor...? What gives?