By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Player1x3 said:

ROFL, just saw that myself on 9gag .

This one is still my favourite from this Euro

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
SecondWar said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Argh_College said:
SecondWar said:
Argh_College said:
Go Portugal!

"****** Portugal" is my own sentiment. And yes, it is because I'm still bitter about 2004 and 2006.

We usually play better than Netherlands.

and england

And that is why I'm bitter. That and when you do beat us there is usually at least one controversial incident in the game.

I agree that there was some controversy on the WC 2006 match, but I don't recall anything from the Euro 2004 match. Nor from the Euro 2000 Match as well, which to me was our greatest win against England (and Figo scored one of the best goals i've ever seen).

In Euro 2004 England got a 'goal' near the end of the second half, which just about every single English fan will say was incorrectly disallowed. Didn't mention Euro 2000 as there is nothing controversial about take a 2-0 lead and then going on to lose 3-2. That and, partly because I was only 9 at the time and being on holiday 2 hours ahead of English time only allowed to watch the first half, had forgotten about it.

Player1x3 said:

Loool 

SecondWar said:
lestatdark said:
SecondWar said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Argh_College said:
SecondWar said:
Argh_College said:
Go Portugal!

"****** Portugal" is my own sentiment. And yes, it is because I'm still bitter about 2004 and 2006.

and england

And that is why I'm bitter. That and when you do beat us there is usually at least one controversial incident in the game.

I agree that there was some controversy on the WC 2006 match, but I don't recall anything from the Euro 2004 match. Nor from the Euro 2000 Match as well, which to me was our greatest win against England (and Figo scored one of the best goals i've ever seen).

In Euro 2004 England got a 'goal' near the end of the second half, which just about every single English fan will say was incorrectly disallowed. Didn't mention Euro 2000 as there is nothing controversial about take a 2-0 lead and then going on to lose 3-2. That and, partly because I was only 9 at the time and being on holiday 2 hours ahead of English time only allowed to watch the first half, had forgotten about it.

You mean the one at 02:37 in this video?  http://videos.sapo.pt/Z5F1QscOkNi1bcK72Ddn 

I'm probably a bit biased to comment on that, but Owen does an obstruction on Ricardo that doesn't allow him to, at least, dispute the ball with Campbell. Not saying that Campbell wouldn't score it, but there was an obstruction there. And the rules do state that the GK can't be obstructed in that part of the area. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
SecondWar said:
lestatdark said:
SecondWar said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Argh_College said:
SecondWar said:
Argh_College said:
Go Portugal!

and england

You mean the one at 02:37 in this video?  http://videos.sapo.pt/Z5F1QscOkNi1bcK72Ddn 

I'm probably a bit biased to comment on that, but Owen does an obstruction on Ricardo that doesn't allow him to, at least, dispute the ball with Campbell. Not saying that Campbell wouldn't score it, but there was an obstruction there. And the rules do state that the GK can't be obstructed in that part of the area. 

Portugal allways beat England and we will smahs them this euro.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
SecondWar said:
lestatdark said:
SecondWar said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Argh_College said:
SecondWar said:
Argh_College said:
Go Portugal!

and england

No, that's not the one I meant. I can't find a video of it, just this match report (second to last paragraph): http://en.archive.uefa.com/competitions/euro2012/history/season=2004/round=1582/match=1059188/report=rp.html

The ball went into the Portugese net but the Referee didn't let it stand. He later gave his reasons but, like I said, more English fans maintain that he got it wrong.

That video is the same game as the match report. I think it was a goal though, but I guess I am biased :P.

SecondWar said:
lestatdark said:
SecondWar said:
lestatdark said:
SecondWar said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Argh_College said:
SecondWar said:
Argh_College said:
Go Portugal!

and england

No, that's not the one I meant. I can't find a video of it, just this match report (second to last paragraph): http://en.archive.uefa.com/competitions/euro2012/history/season=2004/round=1582/match=1059188/report=rp.html

The ball went into the Portugese net but the Referee didn't let it stand. He later gave his reasons but, like I said, more English fans maintain that he got it wrong.

Hmmm, that one in the video that I showed you was also in the last minute of the game (89:57 to be precise), which is also the one that's reported in here (I thought it was Owen that blocked Ricardo, but it was Terry): http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2004/3830451.stm 

"But back came England and they thought they had won the match with a minute left when Campbell bundled home a Beckham free-kick after Owen had initially struck the crossbar.

However, referee Urs Meier deemed that John Terry had impeded Ricardo and awarded Portugal a free-kick."

I see why English fans would disagree with that call, if it was against Portugal I would too, but according to the rules what Terry did was a foul. Again, Campbell could have scored it even with Ricardo going to the ball unimpended, but Terry shouldn't have done that.

Current PC Build

Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
No offense Player, but it's rather pointless to argue with you (as shown on many other threads in the past). People show you examples and rational thoughts behind their logics and you just throw them all away because only you can be right.

Forget about what all analysts and people that actually know about football more than you and me said about the Russian team, with Arshavin, Zirkhov, Kherzakov, Dzagoev, Shirokov, Izmailov, etc. Having high probabilities of advancing to later stages if they played their prime as they showed against the Czech. All those people were naive and silly right?

I love the classic ''lol ur dumb, shut up'' argument. Its alright  tho

Wait, aren't you the one using that argument since the start? Whenever did I say you're dumb? I just said that it's pointless to argue with you, as you have shown time and time again. 

No, you do not understand. I always responded with an argument, i never told anyone they're pointless to argue with. I don't do that. I respect other positions and opinions, i do not attack them

since i saw your "sisters" youtube posts and your post about "the turkish ghetto low life in west-berlin" i can't really take this serious anymore^^ 

your posts are sometimes brutal and then your signature, that doesn't really fit together.

jonop said:
That video is the same game as the match report. I think it was a goal though, but I guess I am biased :P.

Honestly, I didn't actually watch the video. I read 'Owen' and remebered it involved Terry so I assumed it was the wrong incident.