By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Remember when people quoted me saying how Germany won't be 100% winner of group B? I'd like to hear what they have to say now :D :D

Around the Network

Wow... didnt know we had so many portuguese here!

I'm a portuguese living in the netherlands. It was a sad group. I'm happy portugal got through, but im sad the netherlands didnt, especially seeing how the streets on my town were all decorated with support. The dutch supporters deserved better. They really shoud've at least won against denmark. :(

Anyways... go Portugal! Maybe this time is the time we make it! :D

Player1x3 said:
Remember when people quoted me saying how Germany won't be 100% winner of group B? I'd like to hear what they have to say now :D :D

People said that in football nothing is set on stone, which is a proven historic truth. No one actually said that Germany didn't have the best chances. You really should stop twisting what people say.

Also, didn't you call people naive and said that no one in their right mind could have thought that Russia had the best chances to go through? That's not respecting other people's opinion nor is that an actual argument because you never actually gave a factual reason as to why Russia wasn't the best team in their group. So yeah, you did attack other people's opinion, that's why Lafiel stopped arguing with you and why I said it's pointless to argue with you.

@Nem 

Nice to see another portuguese here . I agree that Netherlands should have at least won the match with Denmark, but that would have still not been enough. Germany and Portugal were much superior than them in their respective matches since they really didn't show much of what made them reach the Finals in the last WC. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Argh_College said:
SecondWar said:
Argh_College said:
Go Portugal!

"****** Portugal" is my own sentiment. And yes, it is because I'm still bitter about 2004 and 2006.

We usually play better than Netherlands.

and england

And that is why I'm bitter. That and when you do beat us there is usually at least one controversial incident in the game.

SecondWar said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Argh_College said:
SecondWar said:
Argh_College said:
Go Portugal!

"****** Portugal" is my own sentiment. And yes, it is because I'm still bitter about 2004 and 2006.

We usually play better than Netherlands.

and england

And that is why I'm bitter. That and when you do beat us there is usually at least one controversial incident in the game.

I agree that there was some controversy on the WC 2006 match, but I don't recall anything from the Euro 2004 match. Nor from the Euro 2000 Match as well, which to me was our greatest win against England (and Figo scored one of the best goals i've ever seen).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Today plays the most interesting. So many possibilities its thrilling and I wont be able to watch it.

lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:

People said that in football nothing is set on stone, which is a proven historic truth. No one actually said that Germany didn't have the best chances. You really should stop twisting what people say.

Why are you trying to spin this into something ? I said Germany is gonna be 100% winner of group B. I was right. Those who doubted were wrong. Simple as that

Also, didn't you call people naive and said that no one in their right mind could have thought that Russia had the best chances to go through? That's not respecting other people's opinion nor is that an actual argument because you never actually gave a factual reason as to why Russia wasn't the best team in their group. So yeah, you did attack other people's opinion, that's why Lafiel stopped arguing with you and why I said it's pointless to argue with you.

No, i never attacked Lafiel himself. I said naive people thought Russia would win because of 1 game against Czechs. How is that in any way an attack towards Lafiel? I never said anything to him, where you actually said that i was pointless to argue with, which indicates something else.  And if you actually go and read the previous page, you'll see that I DID give factual reason as to why Russia wasn't the best team in their group. Im just gonna stop derailing the thread with you here, because you can be very stubborn sometimes.

well done the germans and portugal,i said i fancy portugal a bit as if you have a truly world class player you always have a chance.

shame for dutch but a tough group,is sneijder really a winger,i thought he was more in the hole type/central

spain v croatia up next,looks tasty

Above & Beyond

Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:

Why are you trying to spin this into something ? I said Germany is gonna be 100% winner of group B. I was right. Those who doubted were wrong. Simple as that

No, i never attacked Lafiel himself. I said naive people thought Russia would win because of 1 game against Czechs. How is that in any way an attack towards Lafiel? I never said anything to him, where you actually said that i was pointless to argue with, which indicates something else.  And if you actually go and read the previous page, you'll see that I DID give factual reason as to why Russia wasn't the best team in their group. Im just gonna stop derailing the thread with you here, because you can be very stubborn sometimes.

No one said that you were wrong, just that in football nothing is set on stone before it happens. There's no 100% truths on football before the matches happen, because surprises can and will happen, is it so wrong to expect that? It's not like football history hasn't shown that before. 

And please, do show me where in the last page you argued factually regarding the Russian team strength, because as I recall, your only argument was based on their performance against Poland, when in contrast I argued with their factual line up strength and potential which was undoubtely the strongest in all of Group A, and this particular fact is easily corroborated by the great majority of football analysts. Just because they were knocked out, doesn't mean that they didn't have the strongest team in their group. If you can't unbiasedly (your bias has been pointed out and it's a potentially big bias) see that, then you really have no room to argue in this point.

Anyway, i'm through with this argument as well. Things are there for people to read if they're interested and they can easily come to their own conclusions. 

Current PC Build