By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
Ajescent said:
Player1x3 said:
Also, the match between Greece and Germany is gonna be awesome, for every reason but football

You assume Germany will meet Greece, as tonight proved, not everything is set in stone.

Im 100% sure Germany will win Group B

Just as everyone was 100% sure that Russia was going to be the victor of Group A amirite?

If anything, this Euro has shown that surprises can and will happen. If Germany doesn't play their A game against Denmark then they can also suffer a nasty surprise. Remember that Germany also has a chance of being knocked out.

Wrong. Russia struggled against Poland, so who in their right mind would thought they would win against Greece

Come on, they were the unanimous favourites for first place in the group. Their elimination was a huge shocker, no one was expecting that.

People thought so only because they annihilated Czechs. They had that 1 good game. And based on that, naive people thought they're just gonna walk over everyone else

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:

People thought so only because they annihilated Czechs. They had that 1 good game. And based on that, naive people thought they're just gonna walk over everyone else

actually people had high expectations, because last Euro they reached the semi finals (knocking out NL in the quarter finals) with almost the same team

Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:

actually people had high expectations, because last Euro they reached the semi finals (knocking out NL in the quarter finals) with almost the same team

You mean like Netherlands ? And France and Italy in 2010? Yeah we all know how that logic works

Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:

You mean like Netherlands ? And France and Italy in 2010? Yeah we all know how that logic works

nope, more like Spain 2010 (and now) or France 2000

Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:

So are you telling me people actually expected Russia to win EURO 2012?

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:

I was just pointing out that there are examples of unchanged teams delivering several tournaments in a row. But whatever, I'm done.

Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:
Lafiel said:
Player1x3 said:

I was just pointing out that there are examples of unchanged teams delivering several tournaments in a row. But whatever, I'm done.

Like Italy in 2010?

No offense Player, but it's rather pointless to argue with you (as shown on many other threads in the past). People show you examples and rational thoughts behind their logics and you just throw them all away because only you can be right.

Forget about what all analysts and people that actually know about football more than you and me said about the Russian team, with Arshavin, Zirkhov, Kherzakov, Dzagoev, Shirokov, Izmailov, etc. Having high probabilities of advancing to later stages if they played their prime as they showed against the Czech. All those people were naive and silly right?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

As for providing some context, they don't exactly like Russia where Where player1x3 lives. Therefore, judging the team's strength objectively is not an easy task.

Chrizum said:
As for providing some context, they don't exactly like Russia where Where player1x3 lives. Therefore, judging the team's strength objectively is not an easy task.

Thanks for pointing that out, I kinda overlooked that.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"