By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
non-gravity said:
Laurel Aitken said:
lestatdark said:
Laurel Aitken said:
A question. Does this means that Italy is going to the confederations cup???? (Because Spain is going as WC Champion)

I believe so. Since the Confederations cup house 8 teams (each of FIFA's confederation champions, the WC Champion and the host team), even if Spain wins the Euro, Spain can't go as the holder of two titles.

Yeah, but I don't know if Italy is going as the Euro runner-up or Netherlands is going as the WC runner-up.

Wikipedia claims Italy is going. 

Oh! Thanks, I just saw that.

I'm also surprised Tahiti is going! I thought New Zealand was going to win everything in Oceania, everytime.

The Cup it's gonna be great! The groups could be:
A: Brazil, Italy, Mexico, Tahiti
B: Spain, Uruguay, Africa Champion, Japan

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:

I can agree to that, but I still think that the overall ambient surrounding the team also played a big detrimental role on his lack of Passion in these past years. Since I started watching the Serie A in 2000, I always thought that AC Milan was the worst of the big 3 teams in Italy in terms of player support.

You did not just said that. Milan is one of most supportive team in europe. I mean look at there Players Gatuso, Seedorf, Ambrosini etc. all those don´t deliver anymore, they are old broken and almost useles but Milan kept them longer then any other Team would. And those are just a few examples there many more. In comparison to the white cocksuckers from Madrid who threw Raúl like a sack of crap away. Pirlo could have retired in Milan with a huge salary and as a hero. Saying Milan does not support their players is bullshit. Theyre player support is much better then in Inter, and at least as good as in Juventus.

I think that Milan kept them going mostly because they don't want to hire new players for that position unless they're forced to do it. I hardly ever see Milan make an actual worthwhile signing in recent times, so it's no wonder that they have to stretch those players to a breaking point.

As for Madrid, I agree, mostly because I think they're one of the worst teams in terms of player support I've ever seen. 

Come on men you are hurting my feelings here. Milan is the only italien Football team that retired a number when the player retired. I don´t know if any other football team has done this. And altough I agree that Milan has not signed any world stars lately, but they have deals in the past years, and despite the deals with Aquilani, Flamini and Van Bommel they kept Ambrosini and Gatusso even if they didn´t need them. And btw. Milan is not just supporting their players great but their fans as well. I understand if you don´t like this club, but there are other things to highlight instead of player support, like it is owned by horny Mafioso.

AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:

I can agree to that, but I still think that the overall ambient surrounding the team also played a big detrimental role on his lack of Passion in these past years. Since I started watching the Serie A in 2000, I always thought that AC Milan was the worst of the big 3 teams in Italy in terms of player support.

You did not just said that. Milan is one of most supportive team in europe. I mean look at there Players Gatuso, Seedorf, Ambrosini etc. all those don´t deliver anymore, they are old broken and almost useles but Milan kept them longer then any other Team would. And those are just a few examples there many more. In comparison to the white cocksuckers from Madrid who threw Raúl like a sack of crap away. Pirlo could have retired in Milan with a huge salary and as a hero. Saying Milan does not support their players is bullshit. Theyre player support is much better then in Inter, and at least as good as in Juventus.

I think that Milan kept them going mostly because they don't want to hire new players for that position unless they're forced to do it. I hardly ever see Milan make an actual worthwhile signing in recent times, so it's no wonder that they have to stretch those players to a breaking point.

As for Madrid, I agree, mostly because I think they're one of the worst teams in terms of player support I've ever seen. 

Come on men you are hurting my feelings here. Milan is the only italien Football team that retired a number when the player retired. I don´t know if any other football team has done this. And altough I agree that Milan has not signed any world stars lately, but they have deals in the past years, and despite the deals with Aquilani, Flamini and Van Bommel they kept Ambrosini and Gatusso even if they didn´t need them. And btw. Milan is not just supporting their players great but their fans as well. I understand if you don´t like this club, but there are other things to highlight instead of player support, like it is owned by horny Mafioso.

When did I say that I didn't like Milan? I'm neutral when it comes to Italian teams, I just like watching the Serie A. 

Also, wasn't Maldini's number 3 shirt retired basically due to the pressure of the fans? I remember there being an outcry for that back in 2009. Fan support is an entirely different thing than player support from within the structure of the team. Milan has some of the best fans in the world. 

And retired numbers aren't a rare thing per se, even on Italian teams:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retired_numbers_in_association_football.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

http://football.thestar.com.my/2012/06/29/german-police-german-italian-soccer-fans-in-skirmishes/

Ha, never thought that the German fans went into these kind of confrontations. 800 vs 600 fans in a single city? That would have been a massacre, had the police not intervened.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

freebs2 said:
chocoloco said:
No reason to hate, but after watching the game soccer truly is a boring sport to watch. Cannot wait to see rugby tonight a much better international sport.

Yes, if you're not rooting for one particular team or you don't play soccer yourself it can be a boring sport to watch.

If you can better understand tactics and you root for a team it can be intense and unpredictable, since the result of the match is always on the verge. But it's true, if you're watching a game from a cool-headed point of view it can be boring. Rugby and Basket are more fun to watch in that case.

Yeah, I had no reason to root for one country over another so it mostly felt slow and not as aggressive as sports i watch like American football, ice-hockey, rugby, mma and such. It is always more fun to root for something you have long standing feelings towrds or go against a team rival. I just know it cannot be picked up later in life easily without reason as I truly think it is the slowest moving sport have watched and I watch a lot of sports. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
chocoloco said:

Yeah, I had no reason to root for one country over another so it mostly felt slow and not as aggressive as sports i watch like American football, ice-hockey, rugby, mma and such. It is always more fun to root for something you have long standing feelings towrds or go against a team rival. I just know it cannot be picked up later in life easily without reason as I truly think it is the slowest moving sport have watched and I watch a lot of sports. 

Slower than golf? :O

Golf is not a team sport so it generally is more likely to be boring to watch. If they could tackle each other by timing it right before shots it might be good. 

It would be so fitting if Spain beat Italy by penalty shoot out. Spain holds nerves, Italy crumbles to defeat. Or a late goal in extra time with Spain scoring late leaving Italy no chance to come back.

A golden goal rule where the game played on and on until one team scored a goal may be a better alternative to penalty shoot out. 120 minutes though is a long time for a match and penalty shoot out is needed to decide the match.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
It would be so fitting if Spain beat Italy by penalty shoot out. Spain holds nerves, Italy crumbles to defeat. Or a late goal in extra time with Spain scoring late leaving Italy no chance to come back.

A golden goal rule where the game played on and on until one team scored a goal may be a better alternative to penalty shoot out. 120 minutes though is a long time for a match and penalty shoot out is needed to decide the match.

They have beaten them in Austria in a penalty shootout. Spain has everything except of a World Class striker, the only thing that could break their necks.

I Hope spain Loses. In Penalties... im still pissed we lost in Penalties... This hurts alot :c

spurgeonryan said:

I think I remember you guys mentioning this yesterday?

Mario and Luigi spotted at Euro 2012 semi final - pictures

"Two super Marios," says BBC commentator.

Posted by Thomas East on 29th Jun 2012 at 08:57

Balotelli wasn't the only super Mario at the Euro 2012 semi-final between Italy and Germany last night. Anyone who was watching the football last night would have spotted Mario and Luigi celebrating in the crowd as Italy stormed to victory courtesy of two Mario goals.

You often see the camera zooming in on women or, as was the case last night, crying Germans, but not grown men dressed as videogame characters.

As for their cosplay credentials, you've got to say that they could have made a bit more effort with the moustaches. And Mario doesn't sport short sleeves. Must try harder.

Still, they did a better job than BBC commentator Guy Mowbray who displayed a lack of Muhsroom Kingdom knowledge when the camera panned to the Mario brothers in the crowd. "Two super Marios," he said. And one Luigi, Nintendo fans watching around the world corrected him...

For once, Lawro didn't say anything.

By saying "two super marios" he's right. Because Mario's name is Mario Mario and Luigi's name is Luigi Mario. therefore, there are two Super Marios

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?