By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kennyrester said:

I don't really understand what you mean by this "scare" business. Do you mean you would have liked Carroll to stick to Pirlo? Surely dropping that deep would have rendered him useless. The only thing he can do well is be big up front, he needs to stay up there. Also, I sincerely doubt Pirlo would be quaking in his boots if that lummox was marking him. He's too slow to pressurise players far up the pitch.

Yes, him or Rooney. Rooney is allowed more of a free roam than he did in this game. Pirlo never went too far up the pitch either, if he picked the ball up he was in the centre circle.

I heard a story by Gasgoigne once where he told a story about how Vinnie Jones essentially scare him from playing. Never doing anything bad like a tackle but intimidating him  off the ball enough to change the game.

That said, we probably wouldn't have won anyway.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

England-Italy Match suffered from the Chelsea Syndrome. No goals in 120 minutes and both teams were hoping to score from set pieces. The English  choked again under the pressure of the penalty shoot-out. Italy won by default. 

Goals are needed in the Semi-Finals. Scoreless draws do not entertain fans and neutral spectators. 

well done italy,they were a lot better than us in the end,they actually wanted to score a goal in the second half and extra,i like roy but if he can't change a second half tactic of hart constantly hitting it long to carroll then it amazes me what people at the top of english football actually do with all that money they earn,very embarassing for me as a footy fan,,what a waste of talent,anyway hopefully we get to Brasil 2014 because that would be a world cup i certainly do not want to miss out on,

i'm usually italian when england go out of tournaments as i love italy but i think i would rather portugal win this one as they deserve it for the players and footy they have dished up over the last 10 odd years and as we have said with ronaldo you have a chance,good luck against spain

Above & Beyond

Today is a Big day for Iberia Football.

Cant wait for the biggest match yet of this Euro.

Argh_College said:
Today is a Big day for Iberia Football.

Cant wait for the biggest match yet of this Euro.

The more you hype  yourself for the match, more painful is defeat going to feel

Around the Network

Spain will win easily against Portugal, they have a superior offensive team. And Portugal is not really known for their defense.

hahaha your hate is our fuel.

Argh_College said:

It has nothing to do with hate. It is a neutral point of view.

Not sure who I want to win this, I have a dislike for Portugal based on a performance in 2008 world cup against Netherlands. Both teams were a disgrace to football. Also, pretty sure I saw a Portuguese player get hit on the head by the ball (back of the head so they didn't know) and they went down like they were punched.

But then I am always a supporter of the underdog and they are in this game. Unless Spain do another lets play midfielders as forwards, then Portugal should be fine. :P

Hmm, pie.

AndrewWK said:
Argh_College said:

It has nothing to do with hate. It is a neutral point of view.

For the other guy... he probably thinks Portugal is England playing Football... Nobody wins easily againt Portugal.