By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian hasn't disappeared, says Sony

Sal.Paradise said:
richardhutnik said:

I would throw in Flower also in to the mix, because I believe it is by the same developers that did Journey.  I see connections between the two, because I believe the makers of Flower and Journey are where Team Ico was, in that they have a very artistic creation and flying under the radar.  I think the wait forever for it buzz around The Last Guardian isn't doing it any favors.  Best it not have hype and be a surprise, than have this wait forever, and ever and ever for it to come out.

This has been said in the past, but Torico moves of his own free will. He'll approach things that interest him -- things like barrels, small animals, grass and so-forth.Using jars of smoke to draw Torico's attention.To advance in the demo, you'll need to make use of Torico. You can toss jars that release smoke. This will interest Torico, and he'll approach. 

Famitsu seemed to be impressed by the demo session, describing it as "exceeding expectations," and "reality that exceeds real." 

Ueda told the magazine that the thing he wants people to note from the demo are Torico's detailed actions. He has a number of reactions even when he's sleeping. Even the motions of his ears will change depending on the surrounding sounds.

As with past interviews, Ueda spoke quite a bit about the game's physics engine. As an example of the engine's robustness, he mentioned the movement of Torico's ears when they collide with a wall. The movement is not based off an animator's work, but off physical collision detection. Animators do have control over muscle movements, though, so they can make it so that Torico's ears will stand or fall.

Ooops I just posted hype

Share the pain with me.

Reading that explains some of the technical difficulties. Seems like an awful lot of possibilities to account for.
You don't want this to happen in the release version

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

OMG. A tree and a horse having sex. Are we going to get a tree-horse hybrid offsprings? Will we call it a Trose or a Horee?

Duplicate: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=144113

Locked.