Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix wins E3

Tagged games:

What the heck?! Why is this thread not by Jay? XD

Around the Network

Kain and Zidane?

BasilZero said:
Flame said:
BasilZero said:
Sorry to disappoint you...but I honestly dont see any chance of it even being successful at this point, the original flopped so bad and I think people will either lose interest (if they have any interest in it) or forget about it completely.

The PS3 'flopped' pretty badly and look where it's at now.  The PS3 is doing great after such a lackluster start.  In other words, anything can happen.

Except this isnt a game system we are talking about?

This is a MMO game that is heavily competing against other games that have a bigger fanbase like Guild Wars 2 (it will in a few months) and World of Warcraft. Along with that you have Dragon Quest X which will directly compete with this game.

The PS3 had more chances to redeem itself because its a system and had new titles being released last few years. FFXIV 2.0 gets a facelift , new gameplay and thats about it.

Pretty sure the world of warcraft panda update will make this game disappear in people's minds.

Not hating on the FF series, I'm a huge fan of the series but I honestly dont think this game will succeed unfortunately even if it was released on the HD twins.

A MMO is an ongoing experience, much like a console.  Both are constantly getting something fresh and in this case, both PS3 and FFXIV got a face lift.  Sony redirected their plans to providing more exclusives instead of relying on defecting third parties.  SE is redirecting their plans to appeal to a wider audience and fix their mistakes.  SE is doing now what was no different than what Sony did starting in 2008; they are/were upgrading their product.

The Dreamcast had a chance to flourish and it dropped, so did the virtual boy.  Just because it is a console doesn't mean it is free from competition and/or being a failure.

On that final note, I'm not saying this game will definitely get back on its feet (or create new feet?).  I'm just saying with effort, comes a chance.  That's what SE is shooting for and if it fails it will bite them in the ass, that's for sure.

NiKKoM said:
omg... turkish is dutch...... -_-"

I'm so confused.

Anyway, you have my sympathies.

BasilZero said:

Wow didnt know expressing my opinion would warrant such a response from someone on a internet forum , oh well enjoy l0l

stfu. tits or gtfo.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Wagram said:
You don't think it will succeed. Okay go away. Some people actually care about Final Fantasy XIV and its future.

Wow didnt know expressing my opinion would warrant such a response from someone on a internet forum , oh well enjoy l0l

It only takes one thread to say that, but you had to go to the copy to say the exact same thing.

You mad son?

XypherMHT's (Old) LP Youtube Channel (Currently Uploading - Let's Play Makai Kingdom)

XypherMHT's LP/Playthrough Youtube Channel (Currently Uploading - Bastion Playthrough)

I'm actually hyped lmao. I'm looking forward to this on my PS3...I been using this avatar for long time too LOL

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

I'm actually hyped lmao. I'm looking forward to this on my PS3...I been using this avatar for long time too LOL

Interesting too since you were so pissed at launch there. It is quite an upgrade.

XypherMHT said:

You mad son?

He's obviously somewhat influenced by Jay.