8 - 8.4 12 5.33%

7.5 - 7.9 5 2.22%

7 - 7.4 6 2.67%

6.5 - 6.9 1 0.44%

6 - 6.4 2 0.89%

Spartan IV 8 3.56%

Total:210

RTX

Huge, awesome news everyone: Halo 4 will make its world hands-on gameplay premiere for fans at RTX, this July 7 and 8 at the Austin, TX convention center! Halo 4 marks the return of Master Chief and the beginning of a new saga in the best and biggest game series ever. We're proud to announce that fans will have their first opportunity to play Halo 4 at RTX, and more than likely, destroy several members of the Rooster Teeth cast and crew in a few games. Thanks to everyone at 343 for making this happen!

RTX tickets are still available online until this Friday, June 22, so buy now for the discounted price. Remaining tickets will be available on site.

And even more awesome news, RTX is pleased to announce that YouTube superstar Freddie Wong, aka freddiew, will be our Keynote Speaker! Freddiew blends visual effects, humor and gaming culture to create videos that are unlike any other, making him the perfect fit for keynote speaker at RTX, where gaming meets the Internet.

We look forward to seeing you all at RTX very soon!

Around the Network

The Little Halo English Blog

The new 343industries Sparkast is out, available  > here <  

It's pretty long - clocking in at 73minutes - if you don't have the time to listen to all of that then I've picked out the key points below, there's a lot of E3 anecdotes which I've skimmed over as they don't directly relate to Halo, but they're entertaining if you want to listen through the whole podcast.

- We saw the majority of the basic premise of the new character class at E3.
- There are different variants of the classes that we saw, but the main characters were covered.
- We did not see the potential of interactions between Covenant and Prometheans in the demo.
- "Silentium" is the working title of new Greg Bear novel.
- The Promethean Knights originally sounded like the Forerunner version of Master Chief.
- Codenames of Prometheans: Crawlers - Pawns, Watchers - Bishop, Knight - Knight.
- Watcher is a support class that the Promethean Knight releases on the battlefield, supports and protects the other Prometheans.
- Crawlers are used to "Flush things out", move as a pack/flock and attack as such.
- Crawlers are intended to be Fodder, they pop when shot as we saw in the E3 demo. Will be dangerous in large numbers.
- "Incredibly satisfying to shoot, I've never had more fun shooting a bad guy" - Frankie Hyperbole.
- "The Crawlers are not organic, we're not going into the rest of the classes, but specifically the Crawlers are not organic"
- The Crawleres were used to fight the Flood as they could not be infected.
- World Exclusive - Halo 4 has ceilings.
- Crawlers move slower on walls and ceilings, to make them easier to shoot when they're not in your typical line of sight. They mention that they don't want them to be annoying like the Buggers in earlier Halo games.
- There is no best way to deal with the Prometheans, different situations will call for different strategies, it's not always a case of "kill the watcher first" or "kill the Knight first".
- "Can't get into too much detail, but there's a matrix for how the Covenant interact with Prometheans which gets really interesting later in the Campaign and Spartan Ops."
- Worked to add personality to each of the characters, that makes them unique from one another.
- Prometheas were intended to fight the Flood, the Knights can move and close distances very fast. They have "tells" to give an indication of what they're about to do. A pose before a leap and a tell for which direction they go when "teleporting". In playtesting players were able to predict where he'll reappear and drop a grenade.
- Regarding the visual characterisation: "The Knight is part Predator, part Alien, part our own twist on cool"
- The Knights are 12-13' tall
- Loads of resonance and reference to the Karen Traviss and Greg Bear novels in Halo 4
-"Hopefully the Forerunner trilogy won't be Greg [Bear]'s only work on Halo"
- The TV cameras missed the beginning of the E3 demo. :(
- Sony complained about the chanting outside the Halo booth
- Halo 4 will be a AAAA "Quad-A" game ! [jokes]
- Will be at RTX showing some "never before seen" stuff

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/

Halo 4 will be insane :b

But first i will play Forza: Horizon and Assassins Creed 3.

Nsanity said:

That's fucking awesome! I hope it's real. 

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
Millenium said:

Just wanted to let you know that there's always someone nerdier than you...:

The guys behind the chief look so awesome btw!

haha I lol'd :p. But actually he's pretty good!

Pretty cool how the cryotube looks like an elongated Spartan helmet variant. Kinda like an Easter Island Spartan helmet monolith. Ancient Aliens FTW!

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Wow they're coming out with some pretty cool Halo action figures. They're going all out with the Halo brand name.

On a different note, I can't wait for the Halo themed Mountain Dew Gamer-fuel to arrive latter this summer.

The Grunt's finally grew an ass :P