By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - There is something not right with the PSP software on VGchartz

Great, all we need is more Diomedes.

Around the Network

Instead of complaining, why don't you just appreciate it what a few people are doing for you, for free.

We all know ioi is working on these things, give it time guys..geez..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Great, another "something must be true/false because I was at one store today where it seemed true/false" thread.

In case you care, I'm NJ5, my account is not working so I'm using this one temporarily.

I am not complaining, I am very happy with this site, I just say something that I noticed from my own experience.

I think we get enough information from Chart-Track and GFK that the software estimates are reasonable. It's rare to see a PSP title to even sniff the top of the charts.

Around the Network

If your anecdotal evidence is no games on shelves then it could easily be that retailers have finally figured out PSP games sell slowly, and thus they do not stock many [which means any popular games sell out]

Even if the stores near you get lots of stock it can easily be a localised issue... In Sheffield on Galaxy launch day there were dozens of copies of SMG in Gamestation at about 4pm.

The next day I went round 3 stores in Leeds [Game X2 +Gamestation] and found only a few copies.

FishyJoe said:
I think we get enough information from Chart-Track and GFK that the software estimates are reasonable. It's rare to see a PSP title to even sniff the top of the charts.

He has a point..

How come that a game like daxter is not on the software list;..WHILE IT IS BUNDLED WITH THE PSP...

If psp sells 150k so where are the 150k of Daxter software ?

konnichiwa said:
FishyJoe said:

He has a point..

How come that a game like daxter is not on the software list;..WHILE IT IS BUNDLED WITH THE PSP...

If psp sells 150k so where are the 150k of Daxter software ?

Because Daxter isn't the only bundle.... I'm sorry but isn't this comon sense? You've been here more than long enough to know this Konnichiwa.

Here, look. Last week in North America PSP hardware was at about 77K. Daxter was at about 33K, and Star Wars Battlefront was at about 21K. That means about 55K of the 77K PSPs sold were bundles. The others were old PSPs.

There is nothing confusing about this. It's quite logical. PSP software sales as recorded by every tracking service in the world are bad. It's great that they sell better in your area, but that's not the worldwide situation. Everyone understand?

Also, these bundles aren't sold in all regions.

Isn't daxter a bundle only in the US?

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.