By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Egyption Elections! (Now with 33% more pessimism.)

The Egyptian Elections have just entered the runoff phase of their elections.  In a move unlikely to endead itself to westerners the pro democracy/secular liberals were defeated.

The runoff is between two people.  The Muslim Brotherhoods Mohammed Morsi.  Who ran despite prior assurances that they wouldn't run a presidential candidate because there was much fear that if they won the presidency there majority in congress would allow them to push anti-democratic laws and insitute an Islamic law based cosntitution.

While his opponent is Amid Shafiq.  Who more some of the more astute readers here may recognize as temporary Prime Minister in 2011... who was forced to step down due to the fact that he was a high figure in the Egyptian Airforce and seen as part of Mubarak's old guard.

And in the US we complain about having to pick between Obama and Romney!

Around the Network

So basically either islamits or people from the dictatorship?

Also, today an islamist state was born in Africa:

http://www.euronews.com/2012/05/27/mali-rebel-groups-agree-to-creating-of-islamic-state/

Nothing official and not internationally recognised, but it doesn't seem that Mali has any power to do anything about it, so I guess it's a de facto state.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Egyptian revolution is a joke, now they'll have even worse leader than before.

Troll_Whisperer said:
So basically either islamits or people from the dictatorship?

Also, today an islamist state was born in Africa:

http://www.euronews.com/2012/05/27/mali-rebel-groups-agree-to-creating-of-islamic-state/

Nothing official and not internationally recognised, but it doesn't seem that Mali has any power to do anything about it, so I guess it's a de facto state.

Yeah, it's put the liberal voting block in an interesing position to say the least.

How did Ahmed Shafeeq get all these votes ? I am gutted. Just thinking about all those who died for this... sigh.

The final official results havent been announced yet. Hamdeen and Abo Al Fotooh filed complaints against Shafeeq and the court needs to look into those first. Small chance but I am hopeful.

If it's really Ahmed or Morsi then I hope Morsi wins.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

Yeah, it's a joke. That's the best I can describe it. A joke.

Seriously man...

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
PullusPardus said:

Seriously man...

I told you before about the islamists and extremists , and the revolution is just one giant brain wash joke, and I think its you (or someone else) that disagreed and thought I was just an evil egyptian hating person xD

now you saw it for your own eyes, the worse is yet to come..

Also, only 40% of these who can vote, voted last week. What the hell are the rest doing?!

I guess we shouldn't expect much from a nation with an illiteracy rate of 40%., Thanks Mubarak..... who is still not trialled yet. :)

Egyptians are being trolled hard...

PullusPardus said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
PullusPardus said:

Seriously man...

I told you before about the islamists and extremists , and the revolution is just one giant brain wash joke, and I think its you (or someone else) that disagreed and thought I was just an evil egyptian hating person xD

now you saw it for your own eyes, the worse is yet to come..

Yeah but I know you better now, you are not really a hating person lol :)

and the revolution wasn't started by the islamists, they opposed it at first actually. It was started by educated honorable people who were fed up by Mubarak adminstration (check post above for illiteracy rate), many of them died for this day you know.

And I disagree, ,Morsi can't be worse than Mubarak.. Shafeeq however...

And the situation was going to get worse with or without the revolution, at least with the later you are taking a chance.