By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

spurgeonryan said:
Or just aladeen kamal since he def. Does nothing for this site. I think we all can agree to that.

<3

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Speaking of people badmouthing vita in the OT, I remember me hitching up a storm in there, lol.

lol nah you were perfectly in line. You had legit concerns and that's perfectly fine. I was referring ooh lol another port kind of comments :D 

@vic: let's just agree to disagree here. I really don't want to type another essay to respond to you

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Euphoria14 said:
Also, if we truly want great discussions vgc has to grant use access to more data.

I also wonder how many are really paying thousands for vgc data. Did they ever release anything on that?

Did it even launch? I remember going there a few times and seeing it not ready or something...

Xxain speaks volume of wisdom. His double X gimmick makes him one of the most electrifying man in forum entertainments today. Unrelated to this thread, but Xxain, get Dead Island. You probably won't like it because it's first-person and plays like your generic WRPG, but it's actually kind of fun. It has co-op if you didn't know.

Some thoughts on things:

1. People claiming that we're near the end of the gen and no big recent news caused the lack of discussion. WRONG! That didn't stop neogaf and, to a lesser Xxtent, GameSpot from having quality gaming discussions. Max Payne 3 recently came out; where are the discussions of that game? I see them a lot of them in GS, but not here.

2. Official news threads discourages some people from participating. We won't know where to look in that thread for certain news, and by the time we see the news on the title, the people most likely already discussed about it and moved on to the next piece of news. A recent example was in the movie discussion thread. (I don't know why we have a movie discussion thread when we have a forum dedicated to such thing). Anyways, in the movie discussion thread, a few users were discussing the movie Drive. I saw that Drive was in the title and decided to check out the thread, so I could talked about it as well. When I got there, I was already a day or two late. The users already finished talking about the movie and moved on to discuss something else. I just said my piece and left the thread without having an actual discussion.

3. Unrelated to the OP, but the moderation here is terrible. You get banned for the smallest things like calling someone a troll or fanboy despite if it's true or not. Also, posting a negative opinion on a certain game causes a ruckus among the community. Back then, you had no fears about disagreeing with the majority and stating a negative opinion on a popular game. Now, you get reported and possibly even banned for saying something negative about a game even if you have played it. I believe Kyliedog was a victim of this. It's like some users can't handle negative opinions and just want a place where everyone agrees that *insert game/console* is awesome.

Mirson said:

3. Unrelated to the OP, but the moderation here is terrible. You get banned for the smallest things like calling someone a troll or fanboy despite if it's true or not. Also, posting a negative opinion on a certain game causes a ruckus among the community. Back then, you had no fears about disagreeing with the majority and stating a negative opinion on a popular game. Now, you get reported and possibly even banned for saying something negative about a game even if you have played it. I believe Kyliedog was a victim of this. It's like some users can't handle negative opinions and just want a place where everyone agrees that *insert game/console* is awesome.

Sometimes, wording is very important. For example, calling a game a 'piece of shit' has the same meaning as calling it 'a completely unenjoyable experience' but the former is more likely to get the author moderated. People can criticize popular games without moderation if they're respectful. I've recently created a recent thread stating that Assassin's Creed is a bad game & no one got upset at all. I'm curious about what KylieDog literally said to get him banned. The banned was probably fair.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Mirson said:

Sometimes, wording is very important. For example, calling a game a 'piece of shit' has the same meaning as calling it 'a completely unenjoyable experience' but the former is more likely to get the author moderated. People can criticize popular games without moderation if they're respectful. I've recently created a recent thread stating that Assassin's Creed is a bad game & no one got upset at all. I'm curious about what KylieDog literally said to get him banned. The banned was probably fair.

We both know Kyliedog, and we know he back up his claims no matter how controversial they are. He rarely, if ever, states "this game is a piece of shit 2/10". But then again, it was during the dark times of VGC. When a certain user was a mod last year and would ban a lot of people for saying something negative about Nintendo.

@ryan, most of those threads were created before the subforums were born. Not sure if yours was, but I never seen it before the sub-forums. Apologies if it was created before. Anyways, Zucas' thread isn't really discussing music in general; just what was the recent song you listened to. Kind of like what was the last movie you watched. Arcturus' thread is a leaderboard. The post your mind one...well I actually don't like that one. Most of it looks like spam posts. Anyways, I just think having a general movie discussion thread in a movie forum is kind of redundant. I still vote for the elimination of subforums.

@Spurge

A thread is meant to discuss a topic more specific than the forum it's in. That's a part of the nature of threads. Threads aren't meant to be so vague that it covers the entirety of the forum it's in.

The movie topic already has it's own forum. There's really no need for an official movie thread then. A thread should never be as vague as the forum it's in. We shouldn't have a thread that covers everything in it's forum. Now if you wanted to discuss a certain movie, certain type of movie, etc. That would make sense because it's more specific than the entire forum, I.e. The purpose of a thread.

Following your actions, one might as well make an Official Gaming Thread. Well that would make sense because there's an entire forum dedicated to it Gaming. How about an Official Off Topic thread? That would be redundant as well. An official Sony thread? Redundant. Official Sales Thread? Redundant. An Official Microsoft thread? Also redundant. See where I'm going with this. Same goes for the movie thread.

Mirson said:
Jay520 said:
Mirson said:

We both know Kyliedog, and we know he back up his claims no matter how controversial they are. He rarely, if ever, states "this game is a piece of shit 2/10". But then again, it was during the dark times of VGC. When a certain user was a mod last year and would ban a lot of people for saying something negative about Nintendo.

@ryan, most of those threads were created before the subforums were born. Not sure if yours was, but I never seen it before the sub-forums. Apologies if it was created before. Anyways, Zucas' thread isn't really discussing music in general; just what was the recent song you listened to. Kind of like what was the last movie you watched. Arcturus' thread is a leaderboard. The post your mind one...well I actually don't like that one. Most of it looks like spam posts. Anyways, I just think having a general movie discussion thread in a movie forum is kind of redundant. I still vote for the elimination of subforums.

I agree,I disagree with kyliedog from time to time,but he does always state his reasons in a clear manner. He's one of my favorite poster's. 

You guys seem to be going around in a circle here.

Xxain and I feel the same way about official threads. Games and events should have them. But putting all the Nintendo news into one thread, just works to take away a form of discussion. I'd love to be kept up to date with Nintendo. Is there a chance that I'm going to enter the official thread? No way. It makes it too hard to find anything in them. That's why I no longer click on insanity's updated threads. I don't want to spend 10 minutes looking for something that was in the title.

Don't put "Nintendo news" in one thread

Put that news in thread relevant to the games to which it refers.

This is not a hard problem