By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I thought we were suppose to be working to return some quality back here?

spurgeonryan said:
No, I made it Official, he just thought it was a good thread. Everything is turned around with you two. Here I am again in this thread.

Jay! Serious face here. You post a reply to almost every one who posts in your threads. Your real goal is to get popular threads. Do not try to trick us and say other wise.

I may have done that one or two times, but that was just to make the thread more personal. If I wanted to be popular, I'd make more threads and make more controversial threads. None of my recent threads have even had the potential to be huge. I was just saying what was on my mind at the time. Look at my recent threads & tell me if they look like they were created with intention on being popular.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
I... actually had a lot of weak posts early on, and I regret them.

Honestly, Spurge, they were not suffocating the site, they were putting it back on track when it was about to collapse, Montana in particular was fantastic, too bad he gave up after having to face very stubborn people.

Yeah, you saw me as some kind of enemy in your early days. I had forgotten about it until I read one of my old NSMB Wii threads in light of superchunk's "We were right all along..." thread a couple of weeks ago.

Just for the laughs, can I see that thread?

I am not threatening to leave anyplace -- again bottom line is to create a community where honest gaming discussion can take place and not be overshadowed by junk. The main thrill of this currently is junk. The official threads I just felt was redundant and kinda abused. Not trying to shit your news thread or suck the fun out or turn this into a hitler. Just refocus to community

anyways gotta to go work.

M.U.G.E.N said:
ok what I don't understand is this. IF you are so against Official threads, then make your own news threads as well. How many who whine actually made any vita related threads in recent times? Of the few who actually make them how many were actually catered for genuine discussion and how many were just troll havens? Good example now R Burning Skies reviews are pouring in. We in the OT are discussing all reviews. But the one thread that actually gets posted about is the lowest scored one. Ok let's forget about making the threads, how much do you guys actually 'post' in such threads? Not much that's for certain

Understand this, why the Official Vita thread is so successful and why it still going strong is because there are reasons for people to keep going back to it...it's because as shocking as it is people actually enjoy a non trolling environment to talk about gaming. I don't know if anyone here sees me as a spammer, but at one point I was like the sony version of Nsanity, I made many news threads over at sony section and even some in other sections. I still do from time to time. Times have changed and the reality is despite vita being a newly launched system with a lot of great things to talk about, all such topics gets derailed. I know that users like Sal are still trying their best to make new threads for important topics for vita and I support them as much as I can. I personally think the OT Vita thread should be stickied at this point.

I get it that some of you may not find such threads useful or fun. That's just too bad because there are those who feel the exact opposite as well. It's almost like some of you are just flat out ignoring this because it doesn't fit the your own personal needs. Official threads like that are common in Gaf too you know and that has done nothing but good for that forum.

All I want to see from those who complain, just stop. Make some interesting threads yourself. Bring and generate more interesting non trolling discussions.

Ironically enough, every time I see an old member pointing at a thread from years back...they are basically spam or bait threads most of the time. Not sure what was so great or even different about any of that tbh

anywho I'm done defending my thread. It's the only reason why I am even still around this site.

oh and one last thing, I would LOVE to be able to call out trolls as they are..trolls and not be banned for it. That's a change I welcome dearly

I know my crusade is useless, but go to that review thread:

Not a single one troll post. We're seeing trolls everywhere - and in my opinion, Vita fans are doing it even more. Just because one is very controversial and gets a lot of attention, he's just one. You're hating the whole site - and influencing many others - because you're seeing trolls everywhere.

(Obviously a 2/10 score for a big game is news worth. Tabloid-style, or in other words, that news everybody has guilty pleasure of seeing, even though it's worthless and people know it's untrue.)

WE JUST NEED TO PURGE THE SPURGE! Thats all.

:)

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:

Just for the laughs, can I see that thread?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=94299

It's basically the first thread of mine you found respectable, so your actually funny reactions to my threads would be found in the threads that predate this one. No idea what they were though and I am too lazy to go looking for them.

That... burned. Was I even speaking english? Wow, that was laughable.

NSMBWii is vastly overrated now, DKCR is the masterpiece that NSMBWii was meant to be.

VicViper said:

Not a single one troll post. We're seeing trolls everywhere - and in my opinion, Vita fans are doing it even more. Just because one is very controversial and gets a lot of attention, he's just one. You're hating the whole site - and influencing many others - because you're seeing trolls everywhere.

(Obviously a 2/10 score for a big game is news worth. Tabloid-style, or in other words, that news everybody has guilty pleasure of seeing, even though it's worthless and people know it's untrue.)

yeah no. Either you are just blind or missed it but there is subtle trolling within the first two pages itself.

Vita fans are doing no such thing. Almost all the people who made the 3ds doom thread were nintendo fans themselves.  And no I'm not the only one who sees the problem, many do. I'm not hating the whole site I just hate the stupid fanboy trolls who make vita discussion outside of the OT almost unbearable. Stop focusing on just one example. I have been here since the day vita was announced and even before that. There IS a reason why the OT is so successful. I'm not 'influencing' anyone. They are grown ups who can think for themselves and they see the situation the same way as I do. I have seen 3ds game related threads. A remake of OOT or MGS for 3ds? Great! Good discussions etc etc. MGS for vita? Portstation! but we have new uncharted game? Meh sony haven't learned anything and no new IPs. But we have new IPs? Pffft but still no monhun despite we don't even liking the game etc etc. But you get the idea. 

We have had

IS psp2 Dead on arrival? (had this one like twice)

Lack of 3rd party support

Lack of Monhun and the death in Japan

why did sony bother

etc etc etc

are any of these made by concerned owners or fans of the system? No. Just trolls and those threads are filled with them as well. We had some trying to do the same in the official thread but thankfully mods deleted those posts or that thread would be derailed as well. We talk of both the good and the bad things of Vita in the thread like grown ups and without snide remarks. And people enjoy this. The mere fact the so called gamers in this site do nothing more than complain and troll about even new hardware shows you how shitty this place has become. And this will continue too. The more the ninty fans and ms fans troll, the same will be done when their turn comes. Wiu is launching and I expected a similar result with that as well. It's never going to end. I have secluded myself to vita discussion in the OT for that reason. If users ever find the thread to be not useful or fun, I will myself ask a moderator to close the thread and I will leave this site for good. I have tried to be a good sport about things. I have shown support for good kinect games and I have done the same for 3ds. Sadly I don't see this place as a good place for gaming discussion for anything sony anymore. 

blah why am I even bothering with this...I'm done. I have made it perfectly clear my stance on the whole situation. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Also, if we truly want great discussions vgc has to grant use access to more data.

I also wonder how many are really paying thousands for vgc data. Did they ever release anything on that?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

M.U.G.E.N said:
VicViper said:

yeah no. Either you are just blind or missed it but there is subtle trolling within the first two pages itself.

Vita fans are doing no such thing. Almost all the people who made the 3ds doom thread were nintendo fans themselves.  And no I'm not the only one who sees the problem, many do. I'm not hating the whole site I just hate the stupid fanboy trolls who make vita discussion outside of the OT almost unbearable. Stop focusing on just one example. I have been here since the day vita was announced and even before that. There IS a reason why the OT is so successful. I'm not 'influencing' anyone. They are grown ups who can think for themselves and they see the situation the same way as I do. I have seen 3ds game related threads. A remake of OOT or MGS for 3ds? Great! Good discussions etc etc. MGS for vita? Portstation! but we have new uncharted game? Meh sony haven't learned anything and no new IPs. But we have new IPs? Pffft but still no monhun despite we don't even liking the game etc etc. But you get the idea. 

We have had

IS psp2 Dead on arrival? (had this one like twice)

Lack of 3rd party support

Lack of Monhun and the death in Japan

why did sony bother

etc etc etc

are any of these made by concerned owners or fans of the system? No. Just trolls and those threads are filled with them as well. We had some trying to do the same in the official thread but thankfully mods deleted those posts or that thread would be derailed as well. We talk of both the good and the bad things of Vita in the thread like grown ups and without snide remarks. And people enjoy this. The mere fact the so called gamers in this site do nothing more than complain and troll about even new hardware shows you how shitty this place has become. And this will continue too. The more the ninty fans and ms fans troll, the same will be done when their turn comes. Wiu is launching and I expected a similar result with that as well. It's never going to end. I have secluded myself to vita discussion in the OT for that reason. If users ever find the thread to be not useful or fun, I will myself ask a moderator to close the thread and I will leave this site for good. I have tried to be a good sport about things. I have shown support for good kinect games and I have done the same for 3ds. Sadly I don't see this place as a good place for gaming discussion for anything sony anymore. 

blah why am I even bothering with this...I'm done. I have made it perfectly clear my stance on the whole situation. 

(I've been here for a long time also, since the blue site - I swear)

I seriously can't see any trolling in the thread, really. The more acute post is from a guy with a huge PLAYSTATION on its sig (VGKing)

How many weeks (maybe months) have been without a thread like that. They look many because there's even fewer positive news ones - not lack of positive news, notice please. But they, the negative threads, continue to be few. Trolls even fewer, especially compared to people that post seriously - even if they have some negative views - Vita's japanese sales for example, in my case. Check that thread again.

And Doom happens! Vita is not in a healthy position yet, you know it. So doom happens. You can't avoid it. It's the system job to shut up everybody. It will happen or not, but till there, Doom will happen. It will happen to the system I like, you like, every system. Wii U is next, you said it yourself. But even then, the majority of people, even in troll threads, are not trolls. And those are not many. Not when compared to the others.

Look at neogaf, there's two Vita major threads... one just like yours and one that's a bit more trollish, yet they get along fine. People say things much worse than here and yet people get along fine.

Oh, well, this forum is segregating in a dangerous way, imo. Maybe Vita's first few months were a little too much for you to bear (thread-wise), but things are improving now. And  really hope this division shortens (sp?) too.

Speaking of people badmouthing vita in the OT, I remember me hitching up a storm in there, lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!