By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - In-game XMB hitting this month?

I doubt the credibility of these pics, given similar pics that popped up back in July and the ease of photoshopping, but I figured I'd post them just the same...

From TripleTags.com.

Got an email tonight from someone who has sent in dozens of tips in the last couple of months. I usually blow them off as meh since some of them seem so far fetched like the XBox 360 with HD-DVD (lol, dead in the womb). Anyway, the source sent me the above picture with information that puts the above interface in our hands before January is over.

What do you think? Believable or should we stick to serving PS3 Gamercards than following crazy rumors?

;)

Around the Network

would be nice if it was true and finally a reason for me to save some mp3s on my ps3

Sorry, I hear XMB a lot, what does it stand for again?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

XMB = the Cross Media Bar on the PS3, the equivalent of the dashboard on the 360.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

^ Cross media bar. I think.

Blurry. Photographic. Evidence!

Around the Network

Xross Media Bar. It's the term coined by Sony for the interface they designed for the PSX. It's since spread to the PSP, PS3, and now even their receivers and TVs use it.

I doubt it since the PSN section is missing. The new PSN logo was placed on the XMB when 2.00 launched. I defenetly will not complain if they do it, but I am not going to be expecting it.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

This is one is photoshopped and I had seen a thread on the playstation boards back last summer from the guy who created this (with images) and how he thinks the in game XMB would look.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

It sure would be nice to have something like that with the PS3. But we cannot complain because atleast we can get online unlike the 360. I still cannot get on sometimes even after xmas. Anyways...this feature would be cool.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

It sure would be nice to have something like that with the PS3. But we cannot complain because atleast we can get online unlike the 360. I still cannot get on sometimes even after xmas. Anyways...this feature would be cool.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ