By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Still can’t play Diablo 3 (or why I hate PC gaming)

Kasz216 said:
theprof00 said:
Kasz216 said:
thranx said:

you must not have tried on tues/wed when it was down for eight hours. I honestly thought blizzard would have a far better launch for d3 than they did. They were not prepared as they should of been knowing all the pre orders they had. Than an 8 hour maintenace the first week? Not so awesome. Also it apperas others are having his same issue from what I saw when I tried to look for a solution.

You think there issues now.  Just wait until Blizzard decides to stop hosting the server and suddenly the game everyone "bought" doesn't work.

You mean in 15 years from now?

I'd put it more at 10... but yeah.

I mean, you may be more used to console games, but it's actually not that far fetched for PC game popularity to stretch that long.

Starcraft, Counterstrike, Wolfenstein ET are just a few examples of games still popular today.  You can find the original fallout games on store shelves.

Why did you limit it to 10? You don't think its popularity will last to 15?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Kasz216 said:
theprof00 said:
Kasz216 said:
thranx said:

you must not have tried on tues/wed when it was down for eight hours. I honestly thought blizzard would have a far better launch for d3 than they did. They were not prepared as they should of been knowing all the pre orders they had. Than an 8 hour maintenace the first week? Not so awesome. Also it apperas others are having his same issue from what I saw when I tried to look for a solution.

You think there issues now.  Just wait until Blizzard decides to stop hosting the server and suddenly the game everyone "bought" doesn't work.

You mean in 15 years from now?

I'd put it more at 10... but yeah.

I mean, you may be more used to console games, but it's actually not that far fetched for PC game popularity to stretch that long.

Starcraft, Counterstrike, Wolfenstein ET are just a few examples of games still popular today.  You can find the original fallout games on store shelves.

Why did you limit it to 10? You don't think its popularity will last to 15?

i limited it at 10, because that's when I think blizzard will pull it's severs for D3.  My guess is this is gonna be a thing now.  By 2022 we'll be at D6-D7.  Popular or not they'll want to migrate people over to the new systems.

Assuming B-A lasts that long anyway.  They really should, with WoW and even in that collpases Starcraft dominating competitive... but you never know and i'm not willing to bet on it.

Kasz216 said:

i limited it at 10, because that's when I think blizzard will pull it's severs for D3.  My guess is this is gonna be a thing now.  By 2022 we'll be at D6-D7.  Popular or not they'll want to migrate people over to the new systems.

Assuming B-A lasts that long anyway.  They really should, with WoW and even in that collpases Starcraft dominating competitive... but you never know and i'm not willing to bet on it.

You realise this is Blizzard right? They still have the Battle.net servers up for Diablo 1 a game that is almost 16 years old. They may close down the servers eventually but it won't be any time soon. People would be lucky to see Diablo 4 in 2022 the way that they develop games. The first expansion pack for DIII isn't due for 3 years and they will probably delay that another year http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/diablo-3-to-get-first-expansion-pack-three-years-after-the-initial-release-of-the-game/. Just look at Heart of the Swarm a game set to release April this year and now doesn't look like it will even make it out this year. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

So I've gotten my laptop, downloaded portal 2, Far Cry 1, and the Ridge Racer Unbounded demo. I could run all the games at high settings flawlessly except Ridge Racer, which lagged a little bit in full screen but not at all when in a slightly smaller window. I realize portal 2 and Far Cry would not nearly push my machine to its limits, but I'm not really sure about Ridge racer. I also, have Far Cry 2, but I have not played it yet, and I ordered Crysis 2 in the mail.
I don't really mind not playing in full screen, as the screen is bigger than my previous laptop, as well as nicer resolution. I wonder if there is a Diablo 3 demo I could try out to see how it plays on my computer

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
So I've gotten my laptop, downloaded portal 2, Far Cry 1, and the Ridge Racer Unbounded demo. I could run all the games at high settings flawlessly except Ridge Racer, which lagged a little bit in full screen but not at all when in a slightly smaller window. I realize portal 2 and Far Cry would not nearly push my machine to its limits, but I'm not really sure about Ridge racer. I also, have Far Cry 2, but I have not played it yet, and I ordered Crysis 2 in the mail.
I don't really mind not playing in full screen, as the screen is bigger than my previous laptop, as well as nicer resolution. I wonder if there is a Diablo 3 demo I could try out to see how it plays on my computer

I have guest passes that are sort of D3 demos, they're in portuguese or spanish though. If you are interested...