By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

I'm going to go rewatch the 2006 conference

To see if my expectations about this were really too high

The conference would have been great with just a couple more Nintendo game announcements - Starfox, Metroid, Wave Race, 3D Mario, whatever

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

The conference would have been great with just a couple more Nintendo game announcements - Starfox, Metroid, Wave Race, 3D Mario, whatever

Policy permanently changed after 2006 in Nintendo, however. They seem hesitant to announce anything that isn't coming before the next E3, and if they have announced games that got pushed back after the following E3 (like Other M, announced e3 09 and not until August 2010) it's because the game was delayed.

Plus wasn't that show longer than an hour?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Maybe my expectations were too high but i really thought Nintendo would do more. For a company that wants to go after the hardcore, only ZombiU and Lego City Undercover are something unique.
Honestly, i was expecting some kind of immersive experience, something like Halo or Uncharted. I hope that Nintendo announces something really big for Wii U.

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

Policy permanently changed after 2006 in Nintendo, however. They seem hesitant to announce anything that isn't coming before the next E3, and if they have announced games that got pushed back after the following E3 (like Other M, announced e3 09 and not until August 2010) it's because the game was delayed.

Plus wasn't that show longer than an hour?

Slightly.

Though I want to say

I'm going to buy the living shit of of NSMBU and Pikmin 3, and I'm sure I'll buy NintendoLand

But if those are the only three Nintendo games I feel like buying between November and May/June of next year, I am going to be fucking pissed.

Edit:

In the pre-show alone they showed off Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Wii Sports, and intuitively conveyed how Twilight Princess worked with the Wii Remote. That took ten minutes.

Animal Crossing split-screen multiplayer was also shown, as well as Donkey Kong Crash Course (Arcade-like), but then remember in May Iwata couldn’t promise “overwhelmingly rich” Wii U launch titles

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
PSwii60 said:

Animal Crossing split-screen multiplayer was also shown, as well as Donkey Kong Crash Course (Arcade-like), but then remember in May Iwata couldn’t promise “overwhelmingly rich” Wii U launch titles

This doesn't excuse not showing any 2013 games though. People like to see what they are buying into, so an outlook for the entire first year of a system doesn't hurt at all.

To keep everyone updated, the first 20 minutes of the 2006 conference (including the pre-show in this timing) are great

I mean they showed off as many Wii games as they could in a very short space of time, even if we never really ended up seeing some of them

But we saw Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy, Excitebots, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, Project HAMMER, Disaster

Oh God

Thinking back, was this the last time a Nintendo conference really blew me away? It couldn't be, right? This was six years ago.

Khuutra said:

But if those are the only three Nintendo games I feel like buying between November and May/June of next year, I am going to be fucking pissed.

I assume you're excluding the 3DS?

RolStoppable said:
PSwii60 said:

This doesn't excuse not showing any 2013 games though. People like to see what they are buying into, so an outlook for the entire first year of a system doesn't hurt at all.

Agreed. E3 was the best place for this given that they don't go to Gamescom, and their TGS attendance has been a little inconsistent.

So that leaves what... a future Nintendo Direct to announce 2013 games?

VGChartz

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

I assume you're excluding the 3DS?

*on the Wii U, I meant to say, yes

Khuutra said:
RolStoppable said:
PSwii60 said:

To keep everyone updated, the first 20 minutes of the 2006 conference (including the pre-show in this timing) are great

I mean they showed off as many Wii games as they could in a very short space of time, even if we never really ended up seeing some of them

But we saw Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy, Excitebots, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, Project HAMMER, Disaster

Oh God

Thinking back, was this the last time a Nintendo conference really blew me away? It couldn't be, right? This was six years ago.

/sadpanda

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.