By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 2012 Conference - E3 is Dead. Long Live Nintendo Direct!

NintendoPie said:
Mirson said:
NintendoPie said:

What would you expect? The GamePad is powerful on it's own. Of course it'll take a toll on the console!

Nintendo's consoles has always been about playing with friends; the fact that you can't play WiiU with your friends properly is highly disappointing.

Isn't 30 FPS still smooth? I know 60 FPS is best but seriously, how bad is 30 FPS?

It'd be as 'bad' as most 360/PS3 games.

VGChartz

Around the Network

was there anything good after just dance??

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
any comments on WiiU graphics, Pikmin 3 looks gorgeous to me!?

It's tough to say, since most of the games they showed were either 2D games or ports that don't really demonstrate the console's power. I think Pikmin 3 was the best insight we got on what the system is capable of, and it actually looked pretty good. Very crisp and detailed textures, some nice water, lighting, and shadow effects. Though it seems like those kind of graphics could be pulled off on a PS3 game; a high end one maybe, but still a PS3 game.

Ok, I was at work all day so I missed it. Can someone summarize it for me? High points and low points. plz

TadpoleJackson said:
Ok, I was at work all day so I missed it. Can someone summarize it for me? High points and low points. plz

Everyone's dissapointed... check it here: http://e3.nintendo.com/

Pikmin3

NSMBU

NSMB2

Luigis Mansion

Batma: Arkham City Armored Edition

Zombi U

And That's about it...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
TadpoleJackson said:
  • Pikmin 3 (Looks gorgeous. Seems to play great as well with multiple control types. Can't wait.)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (Not a jawdropper visually, but it still looked crisp, clean, and beautiful. Gameplay looks as solid as ever.)
  • Reggie (He feels like a purple Pikmin. His body is ready. Zombie Reggie. A lot of moments for the big guy.)
  • 2 Tablets (Hooray!)
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Arkham City with new Wii U features. Will buy.)
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited (I personally love the franchise, so this was a great reveal. Looks like a lot of fun.)
  • 3rd Parties Trailer (Darksiders II, Mass Effect 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines)
  • Wii Fit U (Yep. Next!)
  • Sing (Karaoke game. Next!)
  • 3DS (New Super Mario Bros. 2, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, sepearte conference tonight)
  • Lego City: Undercover (Lego GTA. Pretty much the gist of it.)
  • Ubisoft (Present in 3/5 conferences... Anyways, Rayman Legends, Just Dance 4, ZombiU, Rabbids Land, Assassin's Creed III, Avengers)
  • NintendoLand (The Wii Sports of Wii U. Different mini-games set in Nintendo-themed levels. Looks neat, but should not have been the closing game.)

Smeags' Score: 7/10 (Good)

While the conference's flow was poor, there will still a lot of things to be excited for. Pikmin 3 looked fantastic (it should have been the final reveal instead of the first one), New Super Mario Bros. U looks like a fantastic game, and there was also a bunch of other games to get excited for (Scribblenauts, ZombiU, Arkham City Armored Edition). Also, Reggie finally acknowledged the "My body is ready" meme. That's gotta count for something.

Smeags said:
TadpoleJackson said:
  • Pikmin 3 (Looks gorgeous. Seems to play great as well with multiple control types. Can't wait.)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (Not a jawdropper visually, but it still looked crisp, clean, and beautiful. Gameplay looks as solid as ever.)
  • Reggie (He feels like a purple Pikmin. His body is ready. Zombie Reggie. A lot of moments for the big guy.)
  • 2 Tablets (Hooray!)
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Arkham City with new Wii U features. Will buy.)
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited (I personally love the franchise, so this was a great reveal. Looks like a lot of fun.)
  • 3rd Parties Trailer (Darksiders II, Mass Effect 3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines)
  • Wii Fit U (Yep. Next!)
  • 3DS (New Super Mario Bros. 2, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, sepearte conference tonight)
  • Ubisoft (Present in 3/5 conferences... Anyways, Rayman Legends, Just Dance 4, ZombiU, Rabbids Land, Assassin's Creed III, Avengers)
  • NintendoLand (The Wii Sports of Wii U. Different mini-games set in Nintendo-themed levels. Looks neat, but should not have been the closing game.)

While the conference's flow was poor, there will still a lot of things to be excited for. Pikmin 3 looked fantastic (it should have been the final reveal instead of the first one), New Super Mario Bros. U looks like a fantastic game, and there was also a bunch of other games to get excited for (Scribblenauts, ZombiU, Arkham City Armored Edition). Also, Reggie finally acknowledged the "My body is ready" meme. That's gotta count for something.

Oh god he's gained self-awareness.

We must shoot him now.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Two questions:

- Will MarioU have online play?
- Will Mario 3DS have 4 player?

Ok, thanks you two!

Smeags said:
TadpoleJackson said:
  • 2 Tablets (Hooray!)
  • Wii Fit U (Yep. Next!)

Ok, when you put it like this it sounds pretty good.

I'd get a Wiiu for Just Dance and Scribblenauts =D