By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken 6 on Wii?!

Sketchy source, thoughMy Beautiful Katamari Wii is all but confirmed.

Around the Network
Hus said:
Tekken 6 is running on PS3 based arcade board, wii could NEVER run it.

Cube:
IBM Gekko 485MHz
System Memory : 40MB
ATI Flipper 162MHz

Wii:
IBM Broadway 729MHz
System Memory : 88MB
ATI Hollywood 243MHz

PS3:
Cell 3.2 GHz
System Memory : 500mb
RSX 1.3 GHz

256 system

256 graphics.

The system memory is fast enough to be faster than the majority of the memory on the 360 tho. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

RSX has access to all 500mg, did you buy the xsbot fud dude.

plus Cell can help with the graphics.

Hus said:

RSX has access to all 500mg, did you buy the xsbot fud dude.

plus Cell can help with the graphics.

Yup, and Yup. You said system memory. The CPU can only access 256meg. So it only has 256 meg system memory tho. I assure you, I know what I"m talking about.

EDIT: The graphics card has access to ~500megs of memory. The Processor can not access the memory on the Graphics chip tho. It's not really bad, because most stuff never uses more than 100-200megs of memory, unless you are doing a 3D game, and then that is graphics memory, wich it could use all ~500megs. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

should have said system ram.

Around the Network
shams said:
Hus said:

its a guess from the site.

wii could never run Tekken 6, its far to weak. (maybe tekken teg port)

That's a pretty silly thing to say. Fighters sort-of maxed out (in terms of power) with the PS2 - there have been very few real improvements since then, and very little extra power is required.

The Wii could EASILY handle Tekken 6 (its only 2/4 characters + background after all!). The real question (if its coming) is how the controls will work.

Was playing (my first) DragonBall Z last night on the Wii... and its interesting. Mixing buttons/motions in a fighter seems to make it much more complicated to me (to master anyway), but its pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

I got DBZ last year. My 3rd Wii game. When I failed to get one at launch (never think you can just waltz up at the last minute at launch no matter WHERE you live!) as well as failed to get Zelda (they had a stack of 9 in the case at launch but they were all snatched up right before my eyes to give to waiting customers. AARRRGH!) I saw a lot of DBZ up there on the shelves. Wondered why are there so many of this game?

After I got my Wii and Zelda finally I went back to the store to that game that caught my eye at launch & picked it up blind. Read no reviews, saw no previews. I thought it was in line with the Budokai series I played of my friend's. Hadn't really kept up with the series so didn't know this was whole new series, engine, and developer. I just thought "got Wii Sports to play with my family, got Zelda for the solo experience, now I need a complex multiplayer game me and my friends can get down with" Almost thought about getting Marvel Alliance but that DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 stuck in my mind when I saw it at launch all plentiful on the shelves. I just wanted a solid fighter to diversify my library and represent one of my gaming moods. I liked DBZ so even if the game wasn't the very best I thought I could get some enjoyment out of it purely due to the license.

Wow. I wasn't expecting how good this game turned out to be. Totally took me by surprise. Adding in motion sensing to pull off special moves and flying and all that. Brilliant! Though it can be played with GC or classic controller I've never played with anything else but the Wiimote and probably never will.

An unsung title in Wii's lineup. VERY good. People talk about nothing to play on Wii are just fronting. This game right here really got all the gameplay and variety of modes you need. And it's so well-done and true to the series. Fans of DBZ made this game you can tell.

I even shared my impression on it on Popzart.

http://www.popzart.com/?page=view&topic=431

If they do with Tekken 6 what they did with DBZ new life will be breathed into the franchise believe me. And yes that WOULD be a blow to Sony if that PS exclusive left the Sony house. Or at least visited another house.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Hus said:

You need to actually read what people write.  Nobody is going to claim Wii can run an arcade-perfect Tekken 6 because that's stupid, but if they wanted to port over the game with crappier graphics and other modifications necessary to get it to run, of course they could do it.  What you want to argue is that porting it to the Wii would result in a much inferior version, not that it couldn't be done.  Hell, someone even made GTA for the NES.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said:
Hus said:

You need to actually read what people write. Nobody is going to claim Wii can run an arcade-perfect Tekken 6 because that's stupid, but if they wanted to port over the game with crappier graphics and other modifications necessary to get it to run, of course they could do it. What you want to argue is that porting it to the Wii would result in a much inferior version, not that it couldn't be done. Hell, someone even made GTA for the NES.

...or Splinter Cell on mobile phones, for that matter...

elprincipe said:
Hus said:

You need to actually read what people write. Nobody is going to claim Wii can run an arcade-perfect Tekken 6 because that's stupid, but if they wanted to port over the game with crappier graphics and other modifications necessary to get it to run, of course they could do it. What you want to argue is that porting it to the Wii would result in a much inferior version, not that it couldn't be done. Hell, someone even made GTA for the NES.

Yup, said it perfectly :)

I loved DOA2 on the PS2 - we played it to death. Not to mention Soul Calibre on the DC (or Fighting Vipers/Fighters Megamix on the Saturn!). I have been extremely unimpressed with "next-gen" fighting games, cos they are basically the same game as was released 10years ago. Even the extra graphics barely alter it.

The Wii could do a great Tekken, and it may just be 10x better than any arcade/PS3 build. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I hate tekken. It's always been a button masher in my eyes.

I liked Soul Calibur, though.