By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sweeney Todd

Has anybody else seen this?

I saw it yesterday, and I have to say that, without a doubt, it is one of the most disturbing, yet simultaneously awesome, movies I've ever seen.  I had no idea it was a musical until I saw it, but the singing really added to the 'slightly crazy' mood that they absolutely nailed.  Especially Johnny Depp's--wtf!?  That guy can SING???  I predicted some of the ending, but there were a few things that caught me off-guard.

Amazing acting, interesting main character, lots of disturbing gore, amazingly ominous music and singing, good story, GREAT atmosphere (there are few bright colours in the entire movie), great production values (looks exactly like London in that time period), and a satisfying ending.  Absolutely no complaints about this movie.  One of the best in a long time.

Anyone else?

EDIT: ABSOLUTELY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS MOVIE WHEN YOU ARE DEPRESSED!  TAKE IT FROM ME!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I will be next wait. I just can't wait.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

You will be next wait? Do you mean you're going to see it next week?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Yeah, it was a great movie, i knew it was a musical before i saw it, which kind of made me hesistant to see it, mainly as i tend to despise musicals. It took a little getting used to in the beginning, but eventually i didnt even notice the singing by the end of the movie, it just felt natural in the film.

But yes, great movie, dark and violent, loved it.

Nope. No I meant next wait. Next week? Why would I say that?

yes next week.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Great film. I have the soundtrack and it makes me want to see it again.

Is it really any good? honest question... the trailer looks dreadfull

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

^^Yes, it really is fantastic.

okay I might just watch it, after all i normally love Depp and Burton its a good Actor/director combination

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

lol, my sister is one of the girls in the army of crazy fans of Johnny Depp and she is crazy to watch this movie, too bad this movie only stars in Brasil ( Z is for US n A residents bah) in february.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"