By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Best guitarist!

Whether he/she plays in a extremely huge band or whether this person is an unknown on youtube, who is your favoritre guitarist!

Around the Network

/End Thread

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

He's pretty famous but anyway Joe Satriani FTW!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM

Nintendo and PC gamer

John Petrucci of Dream Theater and Liquid Tension Experiment.

archbrix said:

Nice to see another Petrucci fan =)

Like I said, I'm a huge Petrucci fan, I also really like Buckethead and Rodrigo y Gabriella.

Here's one of their songs, all sound comes from the guitars too, which is really cool.

Around the Network
DaHuuuuuudge said:
archbrix said:

Like I said, I'm a huge Petrucci fan, I also really like Buckethead and Rodrigo y Gabriella.

Here's one of their songs, all sound comes from the guitars too, which is really cool.

I've always like Angus Young, and Slash. Maybe Andy Summers. 

And Holy Shit! Somebody knows Rodrigo y Gabriela! You didn't show Gabriella's skills, though.

DaHuuuuuudge said:
archbrix said:

Hell yeah; Rodrigo y Gabriella are incredible, and I really like their music.  Buckethead's really good as well.

I don't believe that there is such a thing as "best guitarist". Each guitar player has their own style, and while there are certainly more advanced players, no one can claim "best" out of such an objectionable subject as musicianship.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Navane said:
I don't believe that there is such a thing as "best guitarist". Each guitar player has their own style, and while there are certainly more advanced players, no one can claim "best" out of such an objectionable subject as musicianship.

obviously it's who do you think is best. It's as if I  made a thread saying whos the best singer, there is no best singer there's just your personal favorite.

My favorite has always been Ace Frehley of KISS