By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Newcomer's Introduction Thread"- What brought you here?

Have checked out the console sales charts for roughly a decade by now if I had to guess, starting lurking the boards over the last few months, made my account today.

Summary of platforms owned
PS1 @ Xmas '99.
PS2 exactly 4 years later.
360 for 15th B-Day, but growing interest in PC gaming and RRoD cut short that relationship.
RDR suckered me into buying a Slim PS3 a little over a month before the Super Slim debuted, was sold off after a move 2 years later.
Bought a PS4 w/GTA V bundle BF 2014, it got brokeded in a little under a year, so was out of that loop for a while.
Been on the PC for almost as long as I've had consoles, with preferences in Strategy, Simulations and Shooters, I also used to Minecraft until Mojang $old it and it died...

Also have owned Gameboy, Color and SP, in fact, still got a Blue SP with Pokemon Ruby just hanging around, Internal battery has run dry though..

Irony has struck, in that as of this post I have a Slim PS4 and Thick PS3, I'm also looking to start collecting for the Dreamcast, despite having largely outgrown the heavily arcade-style library it's known for, my PC is largely dated so most of any new releases for it are out of the question until I get a new rig.

TL:DR, I'm largely a PC and PS gamer at heart, but I can still appreciate the neat stuff Nintendo and Xbox have.

Around the Network

Lurked on the Forum for awhile now (and Probably still will) and just decided to finish making an account today.I'm pretty much Nintendo only gamer.

I've owned
N64
Gamecube
Playstation 2
DS
Gameboy Advance

I currently own
Nintendo 3ds (2)
Wii
Wii U
Nintendo Switch

I'm kinda shy and have a hard time articulating my thoughts so don't expect too much from me.

Hi y'all. My name is Ben I am from germany and I just registered on this site (read here of and on for years tho).

Who cares?

NoHope said:
Hi y'all. My name is Ben I am from germany and I just registered on this site (read here of and on for years tho).

Does the username mean anything in particular?

VGPolyglot said:
NoHope said:

Does the username mean anything in particular?

He has NoHope.

Around the Network

Hey everyone! I've been lurking here since the Wii U launch, and I just want to say this is my favorite forum online, game-related or not. At long last I made an account to post this cool graph I whipped up, but it turns out I need fifty posts before I can create a new topic. Hopefully that won't take too long!

Mr_Destiny said:
Hey everyone! I've been lurking here since the Wii U launch, and I just want to say this is my favorite forum online, game-related or not. At long last I made an account to post this cool graph I whipped up, but it turns out I need fifty posts before I can create a new topic. Hopefully that won't take too long!

Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello, all. I just found out about this site/forum today through a friend on Discord (palou), so I'm about as green as someone can be. It's nice to meet everyone, I guess? I've never really posted stuff on any forum before, so I'm not sure how to do these things.

lol signatues

berzerkertank said:
Hello, all. I just found out about this site/forum today through a friend on Discord (palou), so I'm about as green as someone can be. It's nice to meet everyone, I guess? I've never really posted stuff on any forum before, so I'm not sure how to do these things.

It's OK You'll either come to like it or get turned off by it. I hope that you enjoy your stay though!

Doesnt differ much from discord, just has a few more rules. Sup my dude

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.