By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New trailer of The Last of Us - my jaw dropped - Most beautiful game ever made

Jazz2K said:

has anyone seen this movie?

The ROAD

This game and this movie have so much in common from what we've seen from TLoU

Yes i have seen this movie. Really great stuff and The Last of US remionds me alot of this movie.

Around the Network
DepthAlly said:
Jazz2K said:

has anyone seen this movie?

The ROAD

This game and this movie have so much in common from what we've seen from TLoU

Have you read the book? 'Cause I haven't.

No I haven't either but the concept has me interrested. This gaame's concept has me interrested too, more than the other one I Am Alive. If this ends up a good game which seems like it will be, I might get a PS3 when they cut the price.

brendude13 said:
Slimebeast said:
Are we playing video games or watching movies?

It's pretty hard to play a trailer, trust me, I've tried.

win

Realism doesnt mean beautiful, Zelda SS is much more beautiful than this.
Impressive? sure, beautiful? no, imo.

DieAppleDie said:

Skyward Sword is beautiful? No. Just because its cell shaded doesn't mean its beautiful. Windwaker looks better than SS.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
logic56 said:
brendude13 said:
Slimebeast said:

win

Loss. All you have to do is press "play" 

touché

Not bad. Reminds me of Uncharted 2. I hope that gameplay is as good as the game looks.

DieAppleDie said:

I'm quite shocked to see this response from you...SHOCKED I say! :P

The only thing you can judge is the graphical quality and not the artistic approach used, in an objective sense. For example I find journey to look better than any game Ninty have put forth...ever. It's just a matter of opinion. Graphical wise I doubt anything bar (maybe) GOW:A will top this for this console generation

ps: I don't consider zelda games to be the best art style wise even on a ninty console

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CGI-Quality said:
logic56 said:
brendude13 said:
Slimebeast said:

win

Loss. All you have to do is press "play" 

I was worried someone was going to say that. Ruined it.

IGN, Destructoid etc have seen the game and they are all REALLY freaking impressed.

From PSBlogcast
-They want the quiet to be creepy, they want you to hear every footstep,voice and breath to find out where the enemy is.
-The build was from January
-They are not going to have cursing and violence for the sake of it
-The AI will behave differently based on number of people left and what weapons you have or they have. So if one guy is left he will be really scare and hide, so you have to fine him.
-Ellie is 14
-The want to make Ellie capable, she can get into danger sometimes but she can take care of herself. She helps you get out of rough spots.
-They want to give a certain amount of strategy in combat

It less linear than UC but not open world. (MGS anyone?)

Destructoid =
"After seeing this, I hope Naughty Dog fans are not expecting anything like Uncharted, as this is completely different. Forget platforming and rock climbing to pretty locales so that you can shoot enemies from a distance. This is violent, close-quarters combat in a tense world where you're forced to creep around to survive. This game may be just as beautiful as Uncharted, but you'll be too busy striving to survive to stop and enjoy the scenery. That said, it's already clear that we can count on more of Naughty Dog's impeccable storytelling and deep characters.

I was already quite excited for Naughty Dog's take on survival action, but after seeing this first gameplay demo, I'm practically vibrating with anticipation. They promise a brand-new look at the game at next month's E3, so stay tuned."

IGN =

"The team wants us to share the emotions of Joel and Ellie, and from the brief demo I saw -- filled with scavenging for bullets, a segmented health bar, and other humans being a larger threat than any monster -- it's working in a way Uncharted never did."

Twitter of Greg Miller = "Just saw The Last of Us, holy shit"