By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer named worst CEO

kowenicki said:

[...]

Neither Bill gates nor Steve Jobs were just lucky.  Yes Gates had some good fortune (which successful business man hasnt) and so did Jobs... Englishman Jonathan Ive strollling in and asking for a job turned out to be quite lucky.

Fair enough. Even with an incredible opportunity, Uncle Bill could have totally wasted it if he hadn't the strong sense of business and talent and boldness he has, this is undeniable. Kildall wasted it, despite being considered a computer genius, and deservedly so, but alas he obviously had a lot less business talent. This said, Bill Gates is not only a talented businessman, he showed commitment to research and development, while Ballmer is just a businessman, he can use very well what technicians do, but he can't understand them as deeply as Bill Gates did. Like Jobs and Gates, Ballmer can count on an incredible team, and when a product is good enough, and it's there at the right moment, he's like a tank when it comes to bring it to success, but he lacks Gates' geeky ability to make a product look more appealing to computer lovers and even less Jobs' uncanny ability to make common people love tech.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Glad I'm not alone in thinking this is a crazy article. Just seems odd to name him the worst and ignore all the positive. Feels like he was put up there just because it was Microsoft. CEO of Walmart or Sears probably wouldn't be as eye catching.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Sal.Paradise said:

*claps* Well done Steve. 

wtf

Bro please, I've got that beat:

kowenicki said:

I love those...  why would anyone look at those vids and say " oh my word!! how irresponsible and immature", get a life!!

the windows 1.0 sales video is another classic.  "Except in Nebraska!"

Lol! I hadn't seen that one before, thanks! They're classics indeed.

I wouldn't call him the worst CEO. Though he is one of the worst faces of a business, he comes off creepy in press conferences.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Millenium said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Sal.Paradise said:

*claps* Well done Steve. 

wtf

Bro please, I've got that beat:

I love those...  why would anyone look at those vids and say " oh my word!! how irresponsible and immature", get a life!!

the windows 1.0 sales video is another classic.  "Except in Nebraska!"

That ad is class lol. I'll agree with you that that ad is a classic. But damn his sweaty, shouty, jumpy, runnin around is pure cringe, funny and shows himself up. Let people have their opinions. Free world and all that. Get over it!