By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Xbox called "Xbox 8" ?

TheShape31 said:
Their next console will be called Xbox Infinite.

I agree but considering they're calling the phone windows phone 7/8 whatever it seems the way they're heading. Making all their products under one banner.... so to speak.

Around the Network

Well, it's better than Wii U.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Well, it's better than Wii U.

I agree but then again, namewise, everything is better than Wii U.

Why would they call the next Xbox "Xbox Infinity"? How would they beat that name when they come out with the Xbox after that?

yo_john117 said:
Why would they call the next Xbox "Xbox Infinity"? How would they beat that name when they come out with the Xbox after that?

Xbox Infinity 2

Around the Network

Xbox 8 sounds pretty bad to me......no way this is the final name.

Millenium said:
yo_john117 said:

Xbox Infinity 2

But the word "infinity" implies that it will be everlasting and you can't get higher than infinity. Maybe I'm just overthinking this :P

yo_john117 said:
Millenium said:
yo_john117 said:

Xbox Infinity 2

But the word "infinity" implies that it will be everlasting and you can't get higher than infinity. Maybe I'm just overthinking this :P

MS is a marketing king, they'll manage something

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the code-name, but I doubt it would be the actual system name ...

My personal expectation is something like the XBox 1080, partially because it keeps with the naming convention of the XBox 360 and because they will (likely) focus on 1080p display.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Xbox Infinity sounds and looks way cooler.

True, but then what do you call the next one! You can't go higher than infinity!