By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Xbox called "Xbox 8" ?

Can't wait! ... to finally see the next gen ps and xb so i can make a "superchunck was wrong" thread.

Around the Network

It's supposed to be called the Trinity or Delta >_>

At the very least they can call it the Infinity.

But what about the "This is Xbox.comMock up chip design" printed on the chip? It will probably be called the Xbox.com Mockup Chip Design Box.

d21lewis said:
But what about the "This is Xbox.comMock up chip design" printed on the chip? It will probably be called the Xbox.com Mockup Chip Design Box.

Take your logic, stuff it  in your pocket, and take a hike good sir! :P

Twice as good as the PS4! I'll be sure to buy one.

Around the Network
Chark said:
^^ That's why Xbox Infinity will be the name, while playing on the fact the infinity sign looks like an 8 but still maintaining an identity that sticks with the customer and doesn't wear out. It will last a while....one could say it will last forever....

Infinity still sounds kinda... lame =P really pretentious ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

8 is a loop. Xbox Loop was a codename right?

Is it possible Xbox 8 is the cut down Xbox rather than the next gen?

It is clearly photoshoped.

Dont believe it for a second.

Notice how the edges all have the same nice angle varying only on size, aswell has the microsot logo and Xbox 8 and basically the white Dots. They are all placed above the picture with the chip.

Ah never mind, its supposed to be a mock up... points for me for having noticed it before i finished reading everything though! =D

NiKKoM said:
While it makes sense I hope they won't do it.. 3 years after 8 there will be Windows 9 and WP9, ( with the rate phone os are going probably 9,5) so it will sound outdated and confusing for the consumer.. trying to convince everyone to buy a "8" product while 9 is out will be hard..

I doubt it'll be that confusing. The only people who'd know are nerds like us :P . The "casuals"out there won't make the connection between an os on pc vs a number on a console. If it was called xbox windows 8 then maybe, or they marketed it as having windows 8, which they could stop in 3 years or whenever 9 come out anyway, which could be loger away than 3 years from the launch, assuming they'd call it windows 9 in the first place!

Their next console will be called Xbox Infinite.