By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
mantlepiecek said:

If it weren't for them we would never have leads. Sitting back and saying I should live for the townies to win, nope, there's no way you can stop the night lynch, now can you?

Anyways, that's not so important now.

What do you think about Final-Fan?

Well when your first post in the whole Mafia thread is to lynch someone (RadishHead) based on nothing but previous games... that's an exclamation mark. I mean, you're potentially lynching a doctor/cop/whatever just for the sake of teaching them a lesson. Not very good play imo.

But what put him on my suspicion list was Day 2's "last minute" unvote of Noctis, despite the fact that we already reached the appropriate number of votes and the deed was already done. He knows the rules, and it just seemed like a way to seem like the good-guy. If he really wanted Noctis to defend himself before the lynch, he would have never voted for him in the first place (or at least pulled out way before the final vote was placed. I don't really buy it.

Also add to my suspicions list: Insomniac

Two Days. Two "No Votes".

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Random thoughts:

- The multiple explanations for prof's death in the flavor could mean he was targetted by more than one person
- We've been focusing of fire and poison but Rol did also mention paralysis, at first I thought this would mean being vote blocked but maybe it's something like not being able to nameclaim or roleclaim. Nameclaim blocking could be an explanation for NintendoPie's horrible attitude.
- So far most characters involved in the game are part of hatmoza's favorite games. It'll be something to watch out for to spot fakeclaims.

@nen: Do you know if hatmoza likes Zelda and Metroid games? I was tempted to list games I know he loves but I guess that would only be useful to Mafia.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4579908 

Also yeah Hat LOVES Zelda......at least the old ones.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Smeags said:
mantlepiecek said:

If it weren't for them we would never have leads. Sitting back and saying I should live for the townies to win, nope, there's no way you can stop the night lynch, now can you?

Anyways, that's not so important now.

What do you think about Final-Fan?

Well when your first post in the whole Mafia thread is to lynch someone (RadishHead) based on nothing but previous games... that's an exclamation mark. I mean, you're potentially lynching a doctor/cop/whatever just for the sake of teaching them a lesson. Not very good play imo.

But what put him on my suspicion list was Day 2's "last minute" unvote of Noctis, despite the fact that we already reached the appropriate number of votes and the deed was already done. He knows the rules, and it just seemed like a way to seem like the good-guy. If he really wanted Noctis to defend himself before the lynch, he would have never voted for him in the first place (or at least pulled out way before the final vote was placed. I don't really buy it.

Also add to my suspicions list: Insomniac

Two Days. Two "No Votes".

Insomniac : He's been a great help to the town imo. Has done a fantastic job in collecting important info and organising them in order for other people's convinience.

Okay. What do you think about Morenoingrato?

mantlepiecek said:

Insomniac : He's been a great help to the town imo. Has done a fantastic job in collecting important info and organising them in order for other people's convinience.

Okay. What do you think about Morenoingrato?

Well, the vote against Prof is of course the big one. I know Prof was being quite eccentric, but that's just who he is. I honestly never saw enough to lynch Prof myself, especially after he (finally) revealed his own character.

He seems eager to jump on lynch band-wagons, and he's too interested in people's characters/role's. IMO, a person's role should be kept close to their chest, especially in a role-heavy game like this. The more roles that are revealed, the better the Mafia can plan to counter/reverse these roles to their advantage.

Questions for Stefl (Post 1, Post 2), Smeags (Post 1, Post 2), and Wonk (Post 1);

Stefl: Why did you vote Noctis? You said that you were tired and had a headache, so you would put Noctis at L-1. Why did you decide to do that?

Smeags: I am confused. In the first post, you say that you were suspicious of Outlaw at the time (or at least, "keeping an eye on him"). But in the next post (linked), I see that your reason for voting for Outlaw is just so that you would not have a "no vote" by your name for the second day. Were you actually suspicious of Outlaw, and if so, what made you decide to vote for Noctis instead?

Wonk: You put the killing vote on Noctis (not sure if the day ended before this?). Why did you decide to vote for Noctis at that time, knowing that your vote would ensure his lynching?

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:

Smeags (Post 1, Post 2),

Smeags: I am confused. In the first post, you say that you were suspicious of Outlaw at the time (or at least, "keeping an eye on him"). But in the next post (linked), I see that your reason for voting for Outlaw is just so that you would not have a "no vote" by your name for the second day. Were you actually suspicious of Outlaw, and if so, what made you decide to vote for Noctis instead?

Outlaw was the person I was most suspicious about, yet everyone else was focused on NintendoPie/Prof/Danne in day 2 (before anyone noticed that Noctis hadn't been playing for a while). A reason for the vote was so that others could take a deeper look at Outlaw's actions/responses. Because once you vote for someone (and not a HoF or whatever, but an actual vote to lynch), people start to take that person into consideration, at least moreso than they would without it. I knew Outlaw wouldn't be lynched that round, but I wanted people to notice him, as he hasn't been that active, and when he has his responses have been odd at times. I actually thought he was 3rd party to be honest... being active enough to stay out of anyone's crosshairs, but distant enough not to be targeted by lynchers/mafia.

And of course NintendoPie jumped on me the moment Outlaw was incinerated.

DanneSandin said:
@Wonk what kind of results did you get then?

I investigated someone. Unfortunatly my investigations can never fully clear someone so my info isn't that helpful.

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:
radishhead said:
Wonktonodi said:

Considering I got a result last night I think you are most likely lying.

I promise you, I jailkept you last night

and I got results. So you lie. You got blocked or I got bussed.

Do you have infinite uses?

no I do not.

Smeags said:
insomniac17 said:

Smeags (Post 1, Post 2),

[...]

Outlaw was the person I was most suspicious about, yet everyone else was focused on NintendoPie/Prof/Danne in day 2 (before anyone noticed that Noctis hadn't been playing for a while). A reason for the vote was so that others could take a deeper look at Outlaw's actions/responses. Because once you vote for someone (and not a HoF or whatever, but an actual vote to lynch), people start to take that person into consideration, at least moreso than they would without it. I knew Outlaw wouldn't be lynched that round, but I wanted people to notice him, as he hasn't been that active, and when he has his responses have been odd at times. I actually thought he was 3rd party to be honest... being active enough to stay out of anyone's crosshairs, but distant enough not to be targeted by lynchers/mafia.

And of course NintendoPie jumped on me the moment Outlaw was incinerated.

For reference, here is your actual post. You did mention your suspicion of him, but that last line still confuses me.

However, what made you decide to then switch to Noctis? With a switch away from NinPie/Prof/Danne, and a focus on Noctis' absence, you could have pressed Outlaw's strange behaviour as an alternative. Did Noctis seem more suspicious once his absence was mentioned?

Your vote for Outlaw is on page 36, and your next post (also on page 36) is for Noctis, for anyone who is interested in going back and checking. Trucks didn't vote for Noctis until after your vote for Outlaw, which was what started the wave of votes for Noctis. Pages are at 50 posts per page.

insomniac17 said:

Did Noctis seem more suspicious once his absence was mentioned?

Absolutely. I didn't even realize Noctis was playing until people started bringing him up. And like I said in the previous post, I was still going to keep my eye on him since no one else was doing so. And I was still comfortable with letting Outlaw go because I was the only person who questioned him. If he was scum/3rd party and I died that night... then he would no doubtedly be questioned for my death, so my only vote would have kept him on a short leash if he was anti-town.

Of course, after his incineration it came to light that he was Town... so... *laughs* Yes I kinda feel foolish after the fact. But looking back, I wouldn't have done anything any differently. I feel like it was a good move on my part with what cards were being played.

Noctis, like others had said... was at that point a "no loss if he's town/bonus if he's anti-town". I felt it was the right vote to take, and as it turns out, it worked out. His reaction was pretty funny as well.