By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:
RolStoppable said:

And because it doesn't look like anything significant will happen in the last minutes and because the flavor is random video game characters, let's have a brief random video game discussion.

Did anyone besides me play Pandora's Tower? It's an Action-RPG for Wii. Neither the action or RPG part are really fleshed out, but it's still quite a lot of fun. It's also kinda like Zelda, but only with dungeons, no overworld. Fighting bad guys, leveling up, getting better equipment, solving some puzzles. And imaginative bosses whose weak spots you have to uncover and then attack.

The usual downside that comes with RPG gameplay are status effects and it's something that really bothers me. Getting paralyzed means that you will most likely take a hit from an enemy (not necessarily though), because you can't move for a while. But this isn't as bad as getting poisoned or burned which will definitely drain your health. Since the amount of items you can carry is limited, it often happens that you don't have an antidote with you. I really hate getting poisoned or burned, it's something that needs to be watched out for.

I'll admit I skipped this post after him mentionning Pandora's Tower when Rol initially made the post. I thought, "No I haven't played it, don't need to read the rest".

Now that I did read it (since Outlaw and prof mentionned it a couple of times) and cross referencing that with the early Final Fantasy deductions people had, I'm gonna say Rol was Aeris and he was an X-Shot status healer.

So what's a status healer? Someone who stops people from getting poisoned? Or burned? Or something?

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
RolStoppable said:

And because it doesn't look like anything significant will happen in the last minutes and because the flavor is random video game characters, let's have a brief random video game discussion.

Did anyone besides me play Pandora's Tower? It's an Action-RPG for Wii. Neither the action or RPG part are really fleshed out, but it's still quite a lot of fun. It's also kinda like Zelda, but only with dungeons, no overworld. Fighting bad guys, leveling up, getting better equipment, solving some puzzles. And imaginative bosses whose weak spots you have to uncover and then attack.

The usual downside that comes with RPG gameplay are status effects and it's something that really bothers me. Getting paralyzed means that you will most likely take a hit from an enemy (not necessarily though), because you can't move for a while. But this isn't as bad as getting poisoned or burned which will definitely drain your health. Since the amount of items you can carry is limited, it often happens that you don't have an antidote with you. I really hate getting poisoned or burned, it's something that needs to be watched out for.

I'll admit I skipped this post after him mentionning Pandora's Tower when Rol initially made the post. I thought, "No I haven't played it, don't need to read the rest".

Now that I did read it (since Outlaw and prof mentionned it a couple of times) and cross referencing that with the early Final Fantasy deductions people had, I'm gonna say Rol was Aeris and he was an X-Shot status healer.

Wait... so Rol had a secret message in there? This is some deep stuff.

Since it looks like we're not gonna lynch anyone this round... I have to say that Outlaw gives me the willies. Maybe it's the fact that he never posts (and when he does, they're usually off the wall or very to the point). I'm not quite sure what he's trying to achieve, but as far as my suspicion meter goes... he's on top. Plus I trust Master Chief as much as I can throw him... and I can't throw him very far...

Vote: Outlaw

(Just so I don't have a "no vote" blemish under my name. )

mantlepiecek said:
TruckOSaurus said:
RolStoppable said:

So what's a status healer? Someone who stops people from getting poisoned? Or burned? Or something?

If someone got poisoned or burned, he would have had the chance to cure him before that person died.

Signature goes here!

Hmm, I was inclined to suspect NinPie because (1) the picture thing and (2) I think this would be the first game where name/role cop WASN'T mafia in VGC. But you guys seem to believe him so I'll defer for now.

About the NPC part of the discussion about the Prof. Oak nameclaim, I am not very familiar with the series my character is in but I don't think you play as my character.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Seems like we're heading for a No Lynch once again. I gonna:

Vote: Noctis

Since he's been a ghost in this game and he's usually much more present on Day Two.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Looks like my day 1 suspects are still my current ones it seems

Noc hasn't been online for 2 days now and i doubt he will be here before the time limit and even if he did 

he cant possibly catch up to the thread any time soon.

Unvote: Pie

Vote: Linkz

I already explained my suspicion of him and his attitude, play style and revenge vote (you voted me or suspecting you that's a revenge vote all right)

only increased that suspicion.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Noctis hasn't been online since 2 days. We could have investigated and stuff, but no.

TruckOSaurus said:

When you put it like that you make wonder if outlaw did in fact kill Rol and toke his identity........

After all the janitor ability is mainly used to safelly fake claim power roles.

The universal back up theory was presented by linkz, and i'm not trusting anything he says this round.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Wonktonodi said:

from what I bolded in the post I think it's pretty clear he said who is is in a way a lie detector could pick up.

I guess you are right, but it still doesn't explain why he didn't want to say his character's name in the first place. Plus he said "that is my character" as opposed to "Professor Oak is my character". It can still be used, but it seems he is trying really hard to not actually say it. Good catch though.

mantlepiecek said:
I think we should definitely try and lynch someone. At this point I think if we don't the town might lose anyway. And this time limit maybe there on Day 3 as well.

If we don't have any solid leads I am not sure. Would you rather have a no lynch, or lynch a townie because we were in a rush to lynch someone before the time limit? Also, if you do want to lynch someone then who? It is much to early to say we will lose if we don't lynch today...

radishhead said:
As much as I approve of Day 1 no lynches, it's definitely worth following up with one of our leads going into Day 3 today imo

Do you mean Day 2 lynches?

TruckOSaurus said:
Finally I'm caught up. So we know for a fact NinPie is telling the truth about his role since Baalz is not scum so he could only have gotten his name by scanning him.

Now all that's left to determine is if he's town aligned. I was pretty damn sure of it before he started refusing to say "I'm Professor Oak" so I'm gonna make the same plea to him as others: Just say it! If you're town there's absolutely nothing to lose from this.

I never questioned whether he was lying about his role or not. I'm just not sure if we can trust that he is town or not. I did get a pro town vibe from him on Day one and early on in Day two, but his stubbornness to not say "I am Professor Oak" seems a bit weird.

TruckOSaurus said:

Right now, my stance is that Mafia have antagonist names and possibly safe-claims names (even without them it wouldn't be that hard to fakeclaim). So I'm really not in favor of lynching NintendoPie today because his role makes sense as a counter-weight to my limitations.

Very possible, which means some of the people that name claimed already could have lied about their true identity. It isn't that hard to name a popular video game character after all.

nen-suer said:

When you put it like that you make wonder if outlaw did in fact kill Rol and toke his identity........

After all the janitor ability is mainly used to safelly fake claim power roles.

The universal back up theory was presented by linkz, and i'm not trusting anything he says this round.

Interesting theory. In such a large game I was surprised by a lack of a second kill. Maybe the mafia could have targeted someone who was protected?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:

radishhead said:
As much as I approve of Day 1 no lynches, it's definitely worth following up with one of our leads going into Day 3 today imo

Do you mean Day 2 lynches?

Nah, I mean although I support Day 1 no-lynches, Day 2 no-lynches I'm very much against.

Right now, I trust NinPie's claim, and someone else already pointed out the best reason to lynch Noctis today- he's not going to be able to catch up on the thread anytime soon, and his inactiveness suggests that he's either a townie with a boring role or a mafia that doesn't want to be caught imo.

Unvote: NinPie

Vote: Noctis

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~