By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

[Edit]

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Oh silly me, well I have seen it in some legitimate newspaper articles and whatnot and I think there has to be a reason.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Linkzmax said:

suspect[ing me] from day.

Completely off topic, but what is the purpose of the [ing me].  I have seen it before with some writing, and it doesn't make any sense to me.

Like Hat says, it's kind of like an edit (thanks for the crazy old woman btw hatz.

It is in reference to entering additional information, generally for clarity.

Like when I said earlier:

"That's why I said "it doesn't actually [make Trucks more powerful], but it does if you think about it outside the box""

The actual quote was "it doesn't actually do that, but it does if you think about it outside the box"

In order for me to be more concise, adding what is meant by "do that" is the primary job of a bracket edit.

theprof00 said:
supermario128 said:
Linkzmax said:

Why are you trying to get prof modkilled?

I can assure you that was not my intention. I guess we just have to take his word for it then. Unless this was his plan from the start. Maybe he knew he wouldn't be allowed to post the quick-topic, so he said he made one to make us feel better about it. Then he proceeds to do all of this to get a better idea of who everyone is before he actually claims himself. I'm just not sure about him, or the purpose of his "plan".

Linkz was exactly right about me realizing my mistake and therefore posting it in a hint in the thread.

But yeah, you just did try to get me modkilled. No question about it. You're a smart guy, so how could you forget that I posted it in here?

So you're saying the hint was only put in the thread after you posted about the quicktopic and later realized that it wouldn't be allowed? 

Show me please. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

theprof00 said:

(Deleted unrelated stuff before this)

Know now, little sister, that your life is now forfeit if you are a recruitable. You WILL be recruited by one side or the other, and both sides will consider you too dangerous to allow to live. You are especially more powerful on mafia side, so I will push for your lynch asap.

(Deleted unrelated stuff after this)

Do you have any proof of that apart from your crappy theories?

Around the Network

Another example would be if a newspaper was quoting someone saying:

"It doesn't actually do what the council suggests because of reasons such as x,y,z"

They might abridge the quote for space by having it in context. If the article already addresses not doing what the council suggests because of x,y,z, then the quote can be abridged to [that].

theprof00 said:

Not all males are mafia, but I believe all mafia are males. But I wonder why some people get so upset about that detail? A post like outlaw's or Danne's gives me a town read because yaknow he really doesn't seem too eager.

Why? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

hatmoza said:

"Push me faster! Higher!  HIGHER!" Mr. Kitten shouted in joy as Dhalsim pushed him on the town swing.  "I can see Wiley's castle I'm so high in the air. Oh and there's Megaman still on stage one of the castle." ...Mr. Kitten wished this weekend would never come to an end but the impatient Zues announced another 24 hours from atop Mt. Olympus. "Guess I Should head back in town and see what the peoples are up to."

Hopping off the swing, Mr. Kitten noticed an unusual gathering. "It's too early for a lynch" thought Mr. Kitten glancing at his hello kitty wrist watch. "I wonder what's going on." It was then that an old herald in her posts years could be heard faintly - nearing, Mr. Kitten could hear her preaching the presence of bad people "They go by the name of Spartacus!" She yapped crazily. "Are you Spartacus? Are you Spartacus?" The old crazy woman pointed at one villager after the other.

"Oh I thought something important was going on" Mr. Kitten sighed, "anyways, the man says 24 hours. Curfew is in 24 hours." A collective whining 'ahh' could be heard from the town -diffusing back to their mundane activities.  "you too Ezio!"shouted Mr. Kitten as Ezio slowly removed his dagger from the old lady's mouth.

DAFUQ

Does this mean we have ANOTHER time limit of only 24 hours until the Day ends?  Way too short and why was this implemented??

nen-suer said:
Linkzmax said:

I meant you've jabbed at prof here and there.

You're going to deny you didn't shadow me completely in the RoF round, even though I was incredibly anti-town there? I'm too lazy to do such work when far more fun could be had elsewhere.

Your suspicion amounted to Linkz isn't posting while he's at work. Oh now he posted too much when he got off of work.(I believe prof was first to say something like this) And then I've been absent for at least a day again and you forget to mention me? You're doing a great job of "suspect[ing me] from day.
Least I forget you mimed prof for an asinine theory that I was telling one of the players he asked to nameclaim to fakeclaim a name that another player claims to have scanned from somebody. AFTER I made it obvious to him that a counterclaim would just cause my "scumbuddy" to get lynched. Like the only way that works is if NinPie, one of them, and I are all mafia, in which case I come up with the name-confirmation plan at night and don't need to have any part in it during the day. prof was in the heat of the moment so I can understand him not thinking it through. You once again latched onto him.

Which game we played are you refering to? There's only one game where I didn't have you pegged before your flip and it was the first in which we played where you were scum. Nice try at discrediting me.

@Bolded1

Link to were i said this.

I suspcted You from day 1, Noc, Wonk and Trucks day 1 btw

@bolded2

That what it looked to me and i never "mimed" proff, your post just came out of no where. And we were all online at that time

its not like i agreed after minutes of his post.

You seem despirate Linkz, you didnt even try to link me to other players which i find the most scummy you did so far.

Your not really digging posts to try to prove apoint like you always do, and we both know why i guess.

What do you think of the name/role claims we had so far ?

You didn't say that explicitly, I'm mocking you for calling me inactive when I wasn't even online because I was at work. You called me out twice for being quiet. I pointed out that I wasn't even the most quiet and wondered why you didn't mention some other names. You never responded because apparently you don't know how to use backspace/delete. But Mario's quote clusters are just fine, right?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4576306 Oh yeah, I see now how you brought up the same point in a completely different manner. /sarcasm

What? It was minutes between the posts. You're lucky this site is such garbage for Mafia.

Desperate for what? I am linking you to prof, just not in the way that you are scumbuddies.

I haven't dug for posts like I used to in many games. It's a chore that falls on deaf eyes. Skimming through radish and Stefl's walls of analyeses had me shouting "get to the point!"

The nameclaims don't point to anything yet, and I suspected nothing would come of it since we're already on day 2.

Of the role claims, Trucks and Stefl are the easiest to fake.
NinPie's can't be faked unless he's mafia and giving up his own team's names; however the role isn't necessarily town. I'm not familiar with Kid of Chrono Cross,(cus it did such a disservice to Chrono Trigger I couldn't finish it) but many of the other claims are fitting with their names. Tails having two tails makes sense to have two votes now. Luigi is still odd, but maybe it's from Luigi's Mansion or something rather than the standard SMB series. As such, I don't think anyone else should nameclaim at this point either.
Very much buying Mantle because 21 players suggests a miller as a counter to the cop.
Danne being bulletproof highly suggests a serial killer or two mafia teams. Even if he's mafia claiming his actual role, it makes sense to have the protection against extra night kills. It's likely there's a vigilante in town too, but that's not a reason to have a town BP.

Final-Fan said:
theprof00 said:
supermario128 said:
Linkzmax said:

Why are you trying to get prof modkilled?

I can assure you that was not my intention. I guess we just have to take his word for it then. Unless this was his plan from the start. Maybe he knew he wouldn't be allowed to post the quick-topic, so he said he made one to make us feel better about it. Then he proceeds to do all of this to get a better idea of who everyone is before he actually claims himself. I'm just not sure about him, or the purpose of his "plan".

Linkz was exactly right about me realizing my mistake and therefore posting it in a hint in the thread.

But yeah, you just did try to get me modkilled. No question about it. You're a smart guy, so how could you forget that I posted it in here?

So you're saying the hint was only put in the thread after you posted about the quicktopic and later realized that it wouldn't be allowed? 

Show me please. 

Go abck and read it yourself.

Look, I know you think I'm a piece of shit and probably don't even think I'm mafia most of the time when I do stuff like this. You pull this kind of stunt a lot as a townie but I can't help but feel like you're just "doing the motions" this time. Just doesn't feel genuine.

Getting a little frustrated with all these mindless accusations.

I know I created quite a stir, but imo, it created discussion nonetheless.