By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst: "Apple's iPad continues to cut into home console sales of Microsoft and Sony."

Rol struck again here: http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26948620/analyst-the-ps3-will-finish-a-distant-3rd-this-generation?page=0

Around the Network

^^EPIC!

MrT-Tar said:
Rol struck again here: http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26948620/analyst-the-ps3-will-finish-a-distant-3rd-this-generation?page=0

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation.

DanneSandin said:
kitler53 said:
laugh now if you want but at the end of next gen when (wii + ps3 + 360) > (wii U + ps4 + nextBox) marking the first ever decline in the console market you won't be laughing anymore.

Oh, c'mon! that ain't gonna happen: at the very least they next gen will end up like this one will; around 250m (more likely 260)

Yes it will happen, not sure why Im replying to a person who thinks this generation will only sell around 250m (hint - its already shipped >225m) yes the wii's on its last legs but the HD Twins have got a few years/pricecuts left this generation will sell >300m

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Around the Network
daveJ said:
DanneSandin said:
kitler53 said:
laugh now if you want but at the end of next gen when (wii + ps3 + 360) > (wii U + ps4 + nextBox) marking the first ever decline in the console market you won't be laughing anymore.

Oh, c'mon! that ain't gonna happen: at the very least they next gen will end up like this one will; around 250m (more likely 260)

Yes it will happen, not sure why Im replying to a person who thinks this generation will only sell around 250m (hint - its already shipped >225m) yes the wii's on its last legs but the HD Twins have got a few years/pricecuts left this generation will sell >300m

yes, it's shipped 225m - and with the WiiU coming out later this year its gonna cut in to PS360 sales a bit. This year - if they're lucky - PS360 will ship 14m each (no more than that for sure!) and and Wii might have another 5m in it, so they'll end up around 260m sure - but 300 million?!

Anyways: I stand by what I said earlier (or what I intended to say at least) that the next generation HW will equal the current gen sales wise - be it 260m or 300m, that's what next gen will bring at the very least!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

kitler53 said:
DanneSandin said:
kitler53 said:

sorry but it's true.  with the movement to mobile in the east, tablets in the west, smartphones and new services like onlive consoles are going to contract.  people are still going to be gaming...just not on consoles as much. 

Mobile gaming and tablet gaming ain't gonna hurt the home consoles. Why? Cuz you can't play proper games on 'em. I'll give you the fact that a lot of the casual market might move elsewhere, but looking at the growth of the industry (and especially the growth of home consoles) it's apparent that the market will keep on growing - or at the very least stay the same as the current generation.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I would agree that some people will decide to get an iPad for gaming instead of a home console and it probably is eating away at sales, but we are pretty close to the saturation point of this generation at the current prices of the consoles. It's time the Xbox360 and PS3 drop their prices again to spur sales to the next mark. Their lower end unit should drop to between $100 - $150. That price range will bring in a whole new group of people into the market and pave the way to the next generation of games.

Sounds exactly what some Apple-obsessed analysts would say too.

Whether or not the iPad has any effect we'll never know, but declining sales are due to aging hardware. It's only natural for the least powerful console(the Wii) to show signs much earlier.

WiiBox3 said:
I would agree that some people will decide to get an iPad for gaming instead of a home console and it probably is eating away at sales, but we are pretty close to the saturation point of this generation at the current prices of the consoles. It's time the Xbox360 and PS3 drop their prices again to spur sales to the next mark. Their lower end unit should drop to between $100 - $150. That price range will bring in a whole new group of people into the market and pave the way to the next generation of games.

360-  Yes, price cut is way past due.
PS3 - There was one last year, Sony won't do another once since they want to be profitable. What they should do is release a slimmer PS3, that is cheaper to manufacture, and add value to it.

Wii -  Price cut wont' do much.

PSP- Look at last weeks sales......5k in america...
DS - Price cut coming later this month. Should provide great boost combined with new Pokemon.
3DS - No price cut needed. Just more marketing and more games.
Vita - Price cut will help, but it isn't the main problem here. It really needs games.