By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: NSMB2 will outsell the top 10 PSV games shown off at E3 2012 combined

Will this prediction become true?

Yes, definitely. 244 53.39%

Probably. 103 22.54%

Maybe. Maybe not. 42 9.19%

Unlikely. 33 7.22%

Impossible. 35 7.66%

Total:457

If that's what Vita's dishing out, then Rol's prediction will be wrong...He should, like others said, add a multiplier.

See this is Vita's biggest problem, they get jr console games, when handhelds are a different beast all together. Its like Vita is stuck in this gaming purgatory.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Oh Rol you rapscallion. It's that time again where you make a thread and I disagree, we need to find something we both like, do you like beer or ac/dc?

Anyway your clearly wrong. NSMB sold 25 million and 28 million on the Wii and DS. Now even if it matches that number which is highly doubtful because really the sequel will not be much different from the orginal. Not to mention SMB2 on the NES only did like 10 million in sales, how's that going to convert to 20 or even 30 million on the 3DS!? also by the time NSMB2 get's a foothold in the market the PSVita will already be selling games like crazy and taking sales away from the 3DS. The 3DS to is not going to have higher hardware sales then the DS, I can see it having a completely different predecessor in 5 years time tops, way shorter then most Nintendo handhelds. Since the 3DS is so similar to the DS most people won't even bother upgrading, graphics don't matter much to Nintendo fans and I still don't think 3D is a big selling feature.

So with that I doubt the NSMB2 will hit anywhere close to 30 million, it'd be doing really good to hit 20 million. Now let's take a look at PSP's top 10 software. Doing some quick math the total of PSP's top 10 software is 42 million. Now this is the PSP and I know that's it's total games, but this is a handheld that had the most piracy on any console/handheld and could barely sell a AAA game because of it and it did 42 million. Cmon Rol!

Because I highly doubt NSM2 will hit 30 million like the others and I'm expecting 20 million tops from it, and the PSP's top 10 software totaled 42 million, not to mention this E3 has to be huge for Sony because of everything going on with the company this is the defining moment and they're relying on the PSVita big time, there not going to F*** this up, there's going to be some big games. So I believe the PSVitas top 10 E3 games will easily outsell NSMB2 and actually I'd like to counter your prediction, I'd say PSVita's top 5 games at E3 will outsell the NSMB2.

...Too bad we have to wait like 4 years...

Gilgamesh said:

I believe the PSVitas top 10 E3 games will easily outsell NSMB2 and actually I'd like to counter your prediction, I'd say PSVita's top 5 games at E3 will outsell the NSMB2.

Oh Gil, what have you done... You gonna regret those words =)

Since SMB2 really wasn't a TRUE successor to SMB that one don't count... what you should look at is SMB3 - which sold 18m...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I dont think that will ever happen. CoD, GTA, Assassins Creed and some major games will be announced at E3.

Ac Dc sucks, the PsP sold much better than the Vita, comparing a sequel on the same hw to a sequel on the next gen hw is just nonsense, the DS is as similar to the 3DS as the PsP to the Vita..

"also by the time NSMB2 get's a foothold in the market the PSVita will already be selling games like crazy and taking sales away from the 3DS"

Never laughed so hard

Around the Network

AC/DC RUUULEEEZ!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

RolStoppable said:
Gilgamesh said:

Oh Rol you rapscallion. It's that time again where you make a thread and I disagree, we need to find something we both like, do you like beer or ac/dc?

Anyway your clearly wrong. NSMB sold 25 million and 28 million on the Wii and DS. Now even if it matches that number which is highly doubtful because really the sequel will not be much different from the orginal. Not to mention SMB2 on the NES only did like 10 million in sales, how's that going to convert to 20 or even 30 million on the 3DS!? also by the time NSMB2 get's a foothold in the market the PSVita will already be selling games like crazy and taking sales away from the 3DS. The 3DS to is not going to have higher hardware sales then the DS, I can see it having a completely different predecessor in 5 years time tops, way shorter then most Nintendo handhelds. Since the 3DS is so similar to the DS most people won't even bother upgrading, graphics don't matter much to Nintendo fans and I still don't think 3D is a big selling feature.

So with that I doubt the NSMB2 will hit anywhere close to 30 million, it'd be doing really good to hit 20 million. Now let's take a look at PSP's top 10 software. Doing some quick math the total of PSP's top 10 software is 42 million. Now this is the PSP and I know that's it's total games, but this is a handheld that had the most piracy on any console/handheld and could barely sell a AAA game because of it and it did 42 million. Cmon Rol!

Because I highly doubt NSM2 will hit 30 million like the others and I'm expecting 20 million tops from it, and the PSP's top 10 software totaled 42 million, not to mention this E3 has to be huge for Sony because of everything going on with the company this is the defining moment and they're relying on the PSVita big time, there not going to F*** this up, there's going to be some big games. So I believe the PSVitas top 10 E3 games will easily outsell NSMB2 and actually I'd like to counter your prediction, I'd say PSVita's top 5 games at E3 will outsell the NSMB2.

Well, you proved Chrizum wrong.

Curse you, Gilgamesh!!

RolStoppable said:

Also, it has to be seen if Sony can even show off ten PSV games...

This is what I was wondering about; if they don't show off a full ten, do we just fill in the gaps with the existing top sellers?

Either way, your prediction is almost certainly correct, barring maybe a new Monster Hunter reveal.

Gilgamesh said:

1) SMB2 on NES simply doesn't compare to NSMB2. It NES was on same console and wasn't even same lineage of the game. If you're referring to the Japan version (true sequel), it wasn't released world wide. NSMB2 like NSBMWii is a new game on a new console. It will easily match its predeccesors as well as push 3DS to higher sales overall.

2) PSV will be the only handheld to do signifanctly worse than its predeccesor. 3DS will be successful 100m+ monster when its all said and done and NSMB2 is the first big game to propel those sales. That combined with eventual 3DSPro that will launch by next year... bam its off. PSV on the other hand should have been a phone.

3) He said PSV's top 10 games FROM THIS E3. Not overall. So you take the games that will be discussed and then launched after E3... pull out the top 10... and then compare. Considerign that the top ten OVERALL on PSP barely got over 40m.... PSV will have at most 1/2 the sales of PSP, so its top 10 from just this E3 stand no chance at getting up to 20m. No chance.

4) Yeah this long term prediction is gonna suck to wait for. Hopefully Rol will update the OP with all the games shown at E3.

Soul sacrifice will outsell NSMB2

I will stand by this prediction until the day I die

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype